Cooler Bags

mariapd719

No cooler bags on the Explorer Sept 10th cruise. Im very dissapointed in RCCL. When they sold them to us they told us they were good forever and it hadn't even been a year and they did away with it. Another Scam just like those coupon books they talked people into getting and then told us we would be able to keep trading them in forever. Yup traded mine in once and then ohhhh we did away with it. These promotions are a joke. Theyre always just ready to sell the next thing

No cooler bags on the Explorer Sept 10th cruise. Im very dissapointed in RCCL. When they sold them to us they told us they were good forever and it hadn't even been a year and they did away with it. Another Scam just like those coupon books they talked people into getting and then told us we would be able to keep trading them in forever. Yup traded mine in once and then ohhhh we did away with it. These promotions are a joke. Theyre always just ready to sell the next thing

RCI did not do away with it. They were on Majesty last week and my Allure cruise earlier this year. For some reason, not all ships have them.

What coupon books did they talk people in to? :confused:

Well i left in my comments that thats the problem with rccl that nothing they do is fleetwide. Which makes it hard for their employees too . The cooler bags, the diamond lounge, drink specials what you can and cant get at the diamond lounge all depends on what ship and sailing your on. I think this hurts their hard working employees because people were complaining bout the cooler bags and sort of blaming it on the bartenders when it is all the fault of rccl. Also how they were able to get say beer on the last cruise at the diamond lounge but not this time.

The coupon books were back in like 2004 and they were to use at the ports. Maybe it was called like the port shopping book or something. It was a great deal would of paid for itself.......but then they ended it in less than a year. Ill def never get duped on another on of their "promotions".

I hope they have these on the Oasis for the Oct 7 cruise.

They had them last year on my cruise to the Mexican Riviera, but only Bud products. That was a deal breaker.

That is another inconsistency. The first few times I saw this deal, it was Bud products only. However, on my Allure cruise in April, it was any beer. I know this because I took advantage of being able to fill it with Newcastles. I guarantee there are RCI ships right now doing just Bud products and other ships allowing any beer. :rolleyes:

See and thats whats annoying. This inconsistency is ridiculous..Things should be either fleetwide or not at all. It makes people feel like they are being scammed and it makes people get angry at the poor bartenders or like the cabin steward now because they no longer put ice in your room unless you request it.

What exactly are you angry about?

... When they sold them to us they told us they were good forever and it hadn't even been a year and they did away with it.

What do you mean, "good forever?"

You aren't actually angry because this particular pricing of 8 beers for the price of 7 isn't going to be available for generations, are you?

Well i left in my comments that thats the problem with rccl that nothing they do is fleetwide. Which makes it hard for their employees too . The cooler bags, the diamond lounge, drink specials what you can and cant get at the diamond lounge all depends on what ship and sailing your on. I think this hurts their hard working employees because people were complaining bout the cooler bags and sort of blaming it on the bartenders when it is all the fault of rccl. Also how they were able to get say beer on the last cruise at the diamond lounge but not this time.

The coupon books were back in like 2004 and they were to use at the ports. Maybe it was called like the port shopping book or something. It was a great deal would of paid for itself.......but then they ended it in less than a year. Ill def never get duped on another on of their "promotions".

Explorer does not have a diamond lounge at all - and they only serve (free) wine and champagne at their diamond events. I do agree that they should provide the same level of available drinks even on ships that do not have a diamond lounge, but what can you do?

As for the coupon books - your is SEVEN years old! Seriously, you still expect them to be valid?

I'm not familiar with the cooler bag...but I'm assuming the original poster is referring to a promo? That they bought the cooler bag and were told they could bring it back on future cruises and receive a good deal on the beer for it? That's my guess and that certainly makes sense.

I'm not familiar with the cooler bag...but I'm assuming the original poster is referring to a promo? That they bought the cooler bag and were told they could bring it back on future cruises and receive a good deal on the beer for it? That's my guess and that certainly makes sense.

The cooler bag deal has existed for over a year now, and still exists today. Unfortunately, some ships don't seem to have them.

As for the coupon books - your is SEVEN years old! Seriously, you still expect them to be valid?

HAHA I totally missed that the coupon book was 7 years old.

I don't think you can bring the cooler back and get the special beer pricing. You probably have to buy a new one every cruise.

The cooler bag deal has existed for over a year now, and still exists today. Unfortunately, some ships don't seem to have them.

Even within the same ship it seems to disappear and re-appear. WE did the Radiance six months apart. There the first time, not the second. Not on the Allure last January either.

Glad to hear we may be able to use our cooler on a future cruise. Maybe the Liberty this December???

The coupon books were not 7 years old when i tried to trade them in. They were less than a year old. If you read my post i was only able to trade them in once 6 months after i purchased the first book then they did away with it. It was 8 beers for 27 dollars in the cooler bags and i was paying 6 dollars a beer at the pool bar so it was a big difference when we were purchasing about 3 of the coolers per day. But keep cheerleading for Rccl and all their changes. I been loyal to them for almost 10 yrs so Im obviously not one to complain about them. But when you sell something and say its a fleetwide promotion then its not thats false advertising any way you look at it. And when they tell you the coupon books are ALSO good indefinately and they arent that too is false advertising

For all posters asking if the cooler bag is available on the Oasis. Trainman is doing a "Live from the Oasis" thread and posted a pic of the cooler bag. It is available on the Oasis. The pic had Bud in it, if you post a question if other products are available, Trainman is good and finding the information and answering your questions.

The bag is definitely not available on the Monarch in fact I talked to the Bar Manager about it. In my opinion RCCL does a terrible job with things like this because they do not have a Corp policy and apparently the different ships can do different things. On something like this I believe a fleet wide policy should be in place from Corp. Princess and Carnival seem to offer the same type bucket deals on all their ships. The Bar Manager was very nice about this but don't expect to see this on the Monarch any time soon.

Archived