Did i make the right choice in upgrades?

donnar

Ok you might think I am crazy but we just got upgraded from a 2 bedroom Garden Villa to a Deluxe Owner's Suite. There are 3 of us cruising--me DH and son--who is 20. I was just looking at the lay out and I am not overjoyed by it. I don't care if my son has to sleep on a pull out couch near our bedroom but I was nice that we had our own bathrooms.

Can anyone give me some insight on the owner's suite. I was happy when we got it but now I look at it and I think we made the wrong choice. I am hoping not. But can someone give me details on why this is a good choice.:confused:

Ok you might think I am crazy but we just got upgraded from a 2 bedroom Garden Villa to a Deluxe Owner's Suite. There are 3 of us cruising--me DH and son--who is 20. I was just looking at the lay out and I am not overjoyed by it. I don't care if my son has to sleep on a pull out couch near our bedroom but I was nice that we had our own bathrooms.

Can anyone give me some insight on the owner's suite. I was happy when we got it but now I look at it and I think we made the wrong choice. I am hoping not. But can someone give me details on why this is a good choice.:confused:

No such thing as a 2 bedroom Garden villa :confused: I'm guessing you mean a Courtyard villa. I think I would have stayed with the 2 bedroom so you could all have a bit of privacy.

The deluxe owners suite does come with some booze, 3 bottles, so that's always a positive. :)

OOPS yes I meant that room!! We were excited about the upgrade. I am not worried about the privacy and my son is not picky but it was nice for him to have his own room.

As far as the liquor DH does not drink anymore and my son is not a drinker so I prob will be drunk the whole cruise!!! lol:p

I've stayed in both. You are better off with the 2 bedroom Courtyard Villa where the Master bedroom has a door and both bedrooms have their own full bath. In the owners suite you must pass through the master bedroom to use the bathroom. The master bedroom is only separated from the living room by a curtain. There is only 1 toilet and 1 closet. On the other hand, you do get a hottub on the balcony of the delux owner's suite. Also it is up a flight of stairs, inside your cabin door from The Haven. This is because this space was formerly the Concierge lounge for what was then called The Courtyard. At some point NCL decided to do away with the concierge lounge in that area and made it into a cabin instead.

i was offered the exact same upgrade and declined it. two separate bedrooms and bathrooms did it for me since we are four people. your family will be fine in owner's suite. it is quite bigger than the 2 bedroom, so that is a plus. hey...we are on a cruise...that's all good...enjoy:)

This same discussion was here a few days ago. 99% said stick with 2 BR vs OS. The OS is one big room.

Call them back.

I am guessing there is a reason - which has been discussed quite a bit lately. Many of the suites were sold as 4 passengers options, making use of recently ordered 2 person couches. One person couches showed up, so they are shuffling wherever they can. If I was a 20 yr old I would much prefer a separate bedroom.

It looks as if the OP is sailing on the Jewel. The Jewel doesn't have the Owner's Suites up the stairs with the hot tub. I believe the OP is talking about the Owner's Suites on the front of the ship with the two balconies.

While they are gorgeous cabins, for three adults, I would have stayed with the 2 bedroom CY Villa, but I'm sure it will work out fine.

Enjoy your cruise!

My son came home from work and we told him about the upgrade--he loves the idea. He doesn't care where he sleeps!! He stays at friends houses and they crash whereever!! He knows he is not paying a dime so he is lucky to be on a cruise with this kind of room. My son is soooo easy going. Hubby is happy with it too. I go with the flow so we will keep this room and we are extremely happy to be on a cruise---with all the perks:D

Even at the same price, and with only the two of us traveling, we would still take the 2 BR suite. We have stayed in the 2br and visited the OS.

It is an easy choice.

Of course he will be happy in the OS. But, why not be happier in the 2BR?

I would have gone for it if I was in your shoes! If it's a Deluxe Owner's Suite, you're still in the courtyard area, just up a floor, and you have your own hot tub! Your HUGE balcony over looks the pool area. So you can always bet people in the main pool area that they have to buy you a drink if they can't figure a way up there! Lol. :-) Enjoy!

Hi Goldmom muahhhhh hows mayor rich? Ok so I was in os on Gem there was a powder room as well as full bath if that helps. Enjoy

Hi Maria! We're doing good. Rich is in the middle of another election, so I can't plan any cruises until it's over. Can't wait til it's done, I really need a cruise! Enjoy your January cruise. Wish we could join you!!!

Thanks Turtle06--I may need help with the drinks.

CAN"T WAIT TO GO!! I am getting excited about the room too. DH and DS are syked. Still wish my other son wanted to go:(.

My sister in law was telling me about the Lighthouse Tea Room. She said it is an awesome place. She said the vanilla tea is great. She raved about this place. We are def going to go there. I believe it is in Southampton. I will find out if anyone is interested.:D

Thanks Turtle06--I may need help with the drinks.

CAN"T WAIT TO GO!! I am getting excited about the room too. DH and DS are syked. Still wish my other son wanted to go:(.

My sister in law was telling me about the Lighthouse Tea Room. She said it is an awesome place. She said the vanilla tea is great. She raved about this place. We are def going to go there. I believe it is in Southampton. I will find out if anyone is interested.:D

The Lighthouse Tea Room is no longer in business. I believe there still is a restaurant facility in the lighthouse, but not the tearoom.

I also had my choice of these two accomodations & opted for the 2 bedroom. I have 4 people in the room so the two bedroom works for us. I also like the convience of being on the 14th floor vs 9 or 10. I am also travelling in November. I've read that the pentouses & OS on the 9th & 10th floor don't really allow you to totally enjoy the balcony because the wind is awful during the winter. You can only enjoy it if you are in port. So if sitting on your balcony "alot" is one of your pleasures (as it is mine) that might not be the right choice for you. Hope you have a wonderful time. No matter which you choose- you'll love it:)

It looks as if the OP is sailing on the Jewel. The Jewel doesn't have the Owner's Suites up the stairs with the hot tub. I believe the OP is talking about the Owner's Suites on the front of the ship with the two balconies.

While they are gorgeous cabins, for three adults, I would have stayed with the 2 bedroom CY Villa, but I'm sure it will work out fine.

Enjoy your cruise!

No, their post clearly shows they are going to cruise on the Gem which has the 15th floor Deluxe Owner's Suite with the hot tub.

Archived