RIP Platinum Benefits?

Blasian

I heard a nasty rumor from a friend that Carnival is considering getting rid of the Platinum Member benefits/program which will only leave the Milestone program. I hope this is totally false. Has anyone heard anything about this?

CCL recently sent an e-mail poll about new cards/levels for return cruisers. If you do a search on this board, you will find a large thread about it. They are not going to do away with levels other than milestone- just "tweak" them somehow - for better or worse, we don't know yet!

Nasty rumor it is. I don't know why people hate on Carnival so much. I am platinum and I LOVE CARNIVAL!!!!!! It really makes me want to stay off the boards.

---

EH? Who is "hating?" I thought the purpose of these boards was to gain info...

Check my signature, bud, obviously I am not a "hater" of Carnival.

---

EH? Who is "hating?" I thought the purpose of these boards was to gain info...

Check my signature, bud, obviously I am not a "hater" of Carnival.

They are referring to your friend who you said told you the rumor, not you.

But since you mention it, your post is probably another thing they were refering to when they said stuff like that makes them want to stay off the boards....

Carnival is supposed to revamp the program next spring. rumors are it will be by days you cruise instead of cruises counted.. but they wouldnt do away with levels. That would be a huge jump from gold to milestone.

Even though I dont know what Carnival will do .. I am sure if anything they might add another new level as its such a big jump for people from 2 to 10 who are just starting out. But anything new is all guesswork.

Why would you believe this .. Im always amazed when someone posts one of these crazy rumors they heard from a "friend" .. must not have been a very good friend.

---

Funny! I never wrote I "believed" anything. I came here to get knowledge. Obviously, that was a HUGE mistake since only a few people have actually given any courteous and useful information.

---

Funny! I never wrote I "believed" anything. I came here to get knowledge. Obviously, that was a HUGE mistake since only a few people have actually given any courteous and useful information.

No one knows what the new benefits will be since the new program hasnt come out. Unless your friend has inside knowledge, he doesnt know either, just rumors.

How can someone tell you what the new program will be if no one knows it?

We all are guessing... like your friend. Our guesses are just different than your friends. NO ONE KNOWS what the new program will be.

Platinum, Gold, Tin or Lead.....

Who cares? How divisive is this system? On our last cruise, we had the great misfortune of being seated with a couple on their 39th Carnival cruise. Their perks were all they could talk about, and they kept assuring us that we too could be like them some day. PLEASE NO!

I doubt many people cruise for those precious "perks" but there obviously are some. I just don't understand that anymore than I understand buying a particular cereal to get the magic decoder ring, it's the same principle.

Now that this is settled, where is my drink?

----

I did not know you were a mind reader. I wish I were since I had no clue what he/she was referring to.

I asked an innocent question and get flamed. WOW! If you do not have anything positive or informative to offer, please keep it to yourself.

Thanks a million.

I am not a mind reader, I just know how to read. You didnt get flamed until YOU started making snide comments at people. :rolleyes:

You asked a question and people answered. Sorry that instead of READING what they said, you took it the wrong way and made a nasty remark and got called out on it.

The only thing Carnival has done to this point is confused the hell out of people. The survey was supposed to "test" the waters of possible new names and tiers. Nothing was ever put out as to what those tiers included. People are reading way too much into this and getting upset over a survey. M2C

I heard a nasty rumor from a friend that Carnival is considering getting rid of the Platinum Member benefits/program which will only leave the Milestone program. I hope this is totally false. Has anyone heard anything about this?

Yep... that rumor is totally false. They are developing a loyalty program that's based on days sailed rather than number of cruises but that's still in the planning stages.

The folks at Carnival have promised that Platinum folks won't lose their perks. The concept is to make the program more attractive... not less.

:)

Yep... that rumor is totally false. They are developing a loyalty program that's based on days sailed rather than number of cruises but that's still in the planning stages.

The folks at Carnival have promised that Platinum folks won't lose their perks. The concept is to make the program more attractive... not less.

Mach,

I know that you have John's ear. Would you ask them to change the program with LOTS OF NOTICE? I have 7 cruises on Carnival and want to become Platinum. Would hate to have 9 under my belt and find out that I would not be Platinum on the 10th after all. If we got a notice of like a year that would be very helpful.

Also, they would get a huge "bump" in cruising that year, I think, as people like me would be trying to get those last few cruises in.

Thanks.

Mach,

I know that you have John's ear. Would you ask them to change the program with LOTS OF NOTICE? I have 7 cruises on Carnival and want to become Platinum. Would hate to have 9 under my belt and find out that I would not be Platinum on the 10th after all. If we got a notice of like a year that would be very helpful.

Also, they would get a huge "bump" in cruising that year, I think, as people like me would be trying to get those last few cruises in.

Thanks.

[/color][/size][/font]

I certainly could pass that along to John but the 'beard' who is in charge of that program, Jim Berra, is likely pretty well set on what he's already got.

I'm Platinum and I'm guessing I'll be one cruise, maybe two, shy of the next level when the change over happens.

No one knows the date they'll be introducing the new program so everything, just like before, is still purely conjecture...

---

Thanks, Host Mach. I agree with GlendaleCruiser. I hope Carnival gives us plenty of notice before the new program takes effect. I have cruised other cruise lines and prefer Carnival so I hope they will treat their loyal customers right. :)

I certainly could pass that along to John but the 'beard' who is in charge of that program, Jim Berra, is likely pretty well set on what he's already got.

I'm Platinum and I'm guessing I'll be one cruise, maybe two, shy of the next level when the change over happens.

No one knows the date they'll be introducing the new program so everything, just like before, is still purely conjecture...

Some extended notice would be nice for some. Last year this time there were rumors of this coming as of 1/1/2011. We did take a 4 day in December to lock in our Platinum status. SO, it did work for us to book and take another cruise.

Correct me if Im wrong, BUT dont Carnival normally roll out changes without much advance notice?? (Real notice, not rumors)

That's what I heard too but I heard Platinum won't start until like 75 days. That's more then 10 7 day cruises. That would not be more attractive to me. I have also heard that Platinum tier will start around 24 days sailed which really isn't that much. I guess no one will know until it is announced.

Some extended notice would be nice for some. Last year this time there were rumors of this coming as of 1/1/2011. We did take a 4 day in December to lock in our Platinum status. SO, it did work for us to book and take another cruise.

Correct me if Im wrong, BUT dont Carnival normally roll out changes without much advance notice?? (Real notice, not rumors)

Yep... I've found that to be the case...

That's what I heard too but I heard Platinum won't start until like 75 days. That's more then 10 7 day cruises. That would not be more attractive to me. I have also heard that Platinum tier will start around 24 days sailed which really isn't that much. I guess no one will know until it is announced.

The breaks mentioned in the survey are at 25, 75 and 225 days on board. It appears that they are dropping the Gold, Platinum, Milestone thing and going with some other name to designate the levels.

Archived