Why does Carnival Hire Incompetent or better yet Clueless Reps?

Wennfred

Haven't you ever talked to anyone .. and you KNEW they were clueless to what you were explaining. I dont need to know what protocol is to know when I am talking to someone who is clueless .. though I dont say it to them, but I know clueless when I meet it.

Sure, we all have. But I don't flip out on them and insult them while asking for a supervisor.

Best thing you can do is hang up and call again.

Actually, with website issues the best thing to do is use the "Contact Us" form. That way you don't have to talk to the clueless call center people who ask you questions that have little relation to the issue at hand.

Sure, we all have. But I don't flip out on them and insult them while asking for a supervisor.

Actually, with website issues the best thing to do is use the "Contact Us" form. That way you don't have to talk to the clueless call center people who ask you questions that have little relation to the issue at hand.

Most of these places don't have any supervisors available.......they will just pass you to the next customers service rep.... thinking they are fooling you....been there done that......and you wonder why people go postal:D

I agree with the "contact us" form.......that would be the way to go.

Sure, we all have. But I don't flip out on them and insult them while asking for a supervisor..

Seemed to me that he said he was THINKING that, not what he said.

He explained it twice, said he worked in customer service, i.e. he knows better and didnt say what people ASSUMED he said out loud.

Seemed to me that he said he was THINKING that, not what he said.

He explained it twice, said he worked in customer service, i.e. he knows better and didnt say what people ASSUMED he said out loud.

I asked to transfer me to someone with alittle more brain cells like a Supervisor and he just transfered me to another Sales rep.

If that's what he thought and didn't say or actually said, who knows? But that's what he posted.

I want to respond to a few things.

I have called Carnival to ask a question and called again to see if I would get a different answer and yes I would. I have asked for a supervisor and had to argue to get one. I have called about website issues and was transferred to the online department...option 2 I think. I have talked to some of the dumbest people at Carnival and also some of the nicest. But that can be true of any CS job. I work CS. When I do not know the answer, I find it. My CS motto is a One Call Resolution for Every Call... mostly cause I hate having to call and call again to get something resolved for my own self.

I had a recent experience with my bank...I got 2 reps back to back who were the stupidest person on the earth. I got tired of arguing my point with neither one listening to one word I was saying, one was a supervisor in the Escalation Team. My biggest pet peeve with CSR's? NOT LISTENING to what the customer is saying and instead they are too busy trying to give an answer. I hung up and called back the next day. And the CSR actually HEARD what I was saying and helped me. My bank is USAA and they are consistently rated #1 in customer service and I try to model my CS for my members and providers on how I am treated by USAA....but sometimes I get a dud. I think it has a lot to do with training and actually caring about the job. Even here at my job I see some of the CSR's and how they talk to their callers and I cringe!

Welcome back Fred. I have to partially agree with you. As someone mentioned, a lot of customer service type calls are farmed out to other locations/organizations other than where or who you want to speak to. Many times also they are (limited) trained to only answer specific questions, and are unable to (think) about any other questions.

In this case though. the source of the problem (not the person on the phone) is who actually came up with the title, and the supervisor or VP that approved it. A "Cruise To Nowhere" usually is in reference to one that goes out for a designated period of time (ie booze cruise, party cruise, etc) then returns to the same port. As was mentioned, this should be listed as a repositioning cruise, or by some other name. GOOD CATCH FRED. This to me is just another example of the dumming down of America. Too many newspaper or magazine article that the "Facts" are incorrect due to poor digging or just plain ignorance. People doing jobs they are not qualified (as least to "old school" standards) for. The second problem is the supervisor or manager who let this go by. Another fine example of what I just mentioned. Yes, it is very frustrating :confused:. Like those cashiers who cannot count change when dealing with cash, or the Wallyworld cashier who asks how much this is when holding up an order deviver from the balt :D, yes it happens.

I actually think that your statement is pretty ignorant. I think the statement was a bit harsh as I have YET to meet someone like that at CCL, but that is their opinion and that is what this board is for, not for people like you to rip them a new one because you don't like what they said...don't you think it would have been sufficient to say...wow, I don't agree with you.

:confused:

I contacted Carnival to tell them that their April 28th Cruise to Nowhere website page does not state that this cruise will end up in Vancouver CN !!!

When you select (Book This Cruise Now) thats where it shows Vancouver..

I tried to tell these 2 idiots to notify someone in their Webpage department to simply add the it ends in Vancouver on the main page.

I am thinking that it will return to San Diego, thats why I would select Book it now.

The first Rep, didnt care about what I was trying to tell him and was only interested in booking me on that cruise. Total idiot.

I asked to transfer me to someone with alittle more brain cells like a Supervisor and he just transfered me to another Sales rep.

The 2nd rep did help me but, only gave me the answer about clicking on the Book it now, still not getting the point about the main page.

These are the little things that pisses me off about Carnival, and they wonder why people leave this cruiseline and sail with other companies like RCL etc.

So for those interested, April 28th Cruise to NoWhere Ports of Call, San Diego, Ca. DOES NOT Return to San Diego. it drops you off to Vancouver CN. Doesnt even state REPOSITIONING Cruise like on other websites.

Fred

Actually same thing happened to me on RCL, I called them twice telling them that it's a reositioning cruise and they couldn't figure out Miami from Barcelona , idiots. So RCL has just as many idiots sorry to say.

Welcome back Fred. I have to partially agree with you. As someone mentioned, a lot of customer service type calls are farmed out to other locations/organizations other than where or who you want to speak to. Many times also they are (limited) trained to only answer specific questions, and are unable to (think) about any other questions.

In this case though. the source of the problem (not the person on the phone) is who actually came up with the title, and the supervisor or VP that approved it. A "Cruise To Nowhere" usually is in reference to one that goes out for a designated period of time (ie booze cruise, party cruise, etc) then returns to the same port. As was mentioned, this should be listed as a repositioning cruise, or by some other name. GOOD CATCH FRED. This to me is just another example of the dumming down of America. Too many newspaper or magazine article that the "Facts" are incorrect due to poor digging or just plain ignorance. People doing jobs they are not qualified (as least to "old school" standards) for. The second problem is the supervisor or manager who let this go by. Another fine example of what I just mentioned. Yes, it is very frustrating :confused:. Like those cashiers who cannot count change when dealing with cash, or the Wallyworld cashier who asks how much this is when holding up an order deviver from the balt :D, yes it happens.

The sentence in which you said"This to me is just another example of the dumming down of America", has got to be the funniest I've seen on CC. The irony of it makes me laugh, not that I don't agree with you but I'm sorry it made me laugh.:p I can't explain why it's so funny because it's against the rules.Then again I knew the dumbing down of america when someone said" we have no money so lets spend more and that will help our economy".

The only experiences I have with sales reps (lower level than PVP) have been with two very competent people. The PVP situation is less ideal. The first one I had was wonderful. When she left to raise her family, they assigned me to a pushy idiot. I hated his guts and all his ancestors back to the dawn of time, he was so bad. I called, asked for a different PVP and my request was granted. Unfortunately this one was only a minor improvement. Another call, another change. On the fifth try, I got my current one who is a keeper. He actually has been with Carnival a while and knows what he is doing. When he does not have an answer, he asks someone. He returns calls.

I think the turnover in those jobs is very high. That is the only logical reason why there are so many less than competent reps in the PVP ranks. Training can only deal with so many scenarios and many people cannot think on the fly.

The only other cruise lines I have dealt with on the phone are Holland America. The girl there knew less than I did about the cruise DW and I were checking on. And a certain line whose name I will not mention here since I will have to listen to a particular person who has nothing better to do than haunt these boards call me a liar as she has most regularly when I mention that company. I was met with the most arrogant, haughty attitude that I have encountered since the days I worked on Eastman Kodak stuff. I would hope that this company has since trained its people to be more friendly, but that attitude comes from the top, I fear.

Doc

Archived