Why does Carnival Hire Incompetent or better yet Clueless Reps?

Wennfred

I contacted Carnival to tell them that their April 28th Cruise to Nowhere website page does not state that this cruise will end up in Vancouver CN !!!

When you select (Book This Cruise Now) thats where it shows Vancouver..

I tried to tell these 2 idiots to notify someone in their Webpage department to simply add the it ends in Vancouver on the main page.

I am thinking that it will return to San Diego, thats why I would select Book it now.

The first Rep, didnt care about what I was trying to tell him and was only interested in booking me on that cruise. Total idiot.

I asked to transfer me to someone with alittle more brain cells like a Supervisor and he just transfered me to another Sales rep.

The 2nd rep did help me but, only gave me the answer about clicking on the Book it now, still not getting the point about the main page.

These are the little things that pisses me off about Carnival, and they wonder why people leave this cruiseline and sail with other companies like RCL etc.

So for those interested, April 28th Cruise to NoWhere Ports of Call, San Diego, Ca. DOES NOT Return to San Diego. it drops you off to Vancouver CN. Doesnt even state REPOSITIONING Cruise like on other websites.

Fred

I contacted Carnival to tell them that their April 28th Cruise to Nowhere website page does not state that this cruise will end up in Vancouver CN !!!

When you select (Book This Cruise Now) thats where it shows Vancouver..

I tried to tell these 2 idiots to notify someone in their Webpage department to simply add the it ends in Vancouver on the main page.

I am thinking that it will return to San Diego, thats why I would select Book it now.

The first Rep, didnt care about what I was trying to tell him and was only interested in booking me on that cruise. Total idiot.

I asked to transfer me to someone with alittle more brain cells like a Supervisor and he just transfered me to another Sales rep.

The 2nd rep did help me but, only gave me the answer about clicking on the Book it now, still not getting the point about the main page.

These are the little things that pisses me off about Carnival, and they wonder why people leave this cruiseline and sail with other companies like RCL etc.

So for those interested, April 28th Cruise to NoWhere Ports of Call, San Diego, Ca. DOES NOT Return to San Diego. it drops you off to Vancouver CN. Doesnt even state REPOSITIONING Cruise like on other websites.

Fred

someone was just asking where you were. welcome back!

when i do a mock booking:

Day Port Arrive Depart

Saturday, Apr 28 San Diego, CA 5:00pm

Sunday, Apr 29 Fun Day at Sea

Monday, Apr 30 Fun Day at Sea

Tuesday, May 01 Vancouver, BC, Canada 8:00am

It says Vancouver on the itinerary. Are you saying that carnival should change the title of the cruise:

3 Day Cruise To Nowhere from San Diego, CA

Carnival Spirit Sails on Saturday, April 28, 2012

All of the cruise to nowhere just says From port, they dont list the returning the port in the title

It is rather amazing, isn't it? I've got a very good PVP but I suspect that he's typical of fewer than half of the people that Carnival employs in that position...

Most of the folks here have a better handle on what's going on than many of the PVPs...

By the way, welcome back, Fred!

:)

someone was just asking where you were. welcome back!

Thanks....was wanting to book this cruise, until I saw on another website that it was a REPOSITIONING Cruise !!!:confused::confused::confused:

What a way to wake up this morning to talk to some freakin clueless people. Imagin Wendy and I waking up in Vancouver Canada :eek::eek::eek: What the heck are we doing here LOL

Fred

when i do a mock booking:

It says Vancouver on the itinerary. Are you saying that carnival should change the title of the cruise:

3 Day Cruise To Nowhere from San Diego, CA

Carnival Spirit Sails on Saturday, April 28, 2012

All of the cruise to nowhere just says From port, they dont list the returning the port in the title

Its so nice of you to know that, as a season cruiser, I have never booked a Cruise to Nowhere, Im saying that on their Main page if you would kindly check it out, it doesnt state anything about going to Vancouver Canada.

Ports of call San Diego? To me that would mean I am returning to San Diego Ca. why would I click on Book it now to find out its Vancouver Cn?

Cruise to No Where would mean to me, Go out Float around and return, In this case it does go to somewhere, CANADA.

Why would you assume that these people have the ability to even contact the web design team? You called the Sales Department. It's their job to SELL CRUISES, not design websites. Of course that's all they care about. And if you really told this person to transfer you to "someone with a little more brain cells", you got what you deserve.

Another option: go to Carnival home page. Bottom of page click 'Need Help' and there is a toll-free number to call for non-sales questions/inquiries.

Or use the Contact Us for to let them know their website is screwed up. But no, it's much more fulfilling to scream at some poor guy who's just trying to make a buck selling cruises. :rolleyes:

Why would you assume that these people have the ability to even contact the web design team? You called the Sales Department. It's their job to SELL CRUISES, not design websites. Of course that's all they care about. And if you really told this person to transfer you to "someone with a little more brain cells", you got what you deserve.

I agree 100% , its like if you asked the waitress at a restaurant to update something on the website. It's not their job to know these things. Now yes they probably should've been able to point the OP in the right direction...

HOWEVER there IS a place to report Carnival.com website issues on the website - so maybe if the OP had "more brain cells" they would've tried that! (sorry couldn't resist... I normally would never say anything like that but the way OP refers to people just makes me angry)

attachment.php?attachmentid=207353&stc=1&d=1316796282

carnivalwebsitesupport.jpg.f29f4e7820ee8d752d25ce502266ba54.jpg

My PVP can contact people about problems .. why would I think others could not?

I know Iv told her about a few and she sent them on to whomever could fix them.

Hi Fred .. hope you change your mind and come back. I miss you too.

I have nothing to say about the subject but welcome back, Fred!!! Please don't go away because of a few we have picked up on this board that very seldom have anything nice to say to anyone. There are a lot of us here that value your knowledge.

Pat

Why are some people so ignorant that they call others stupid???

I actually think that your statement is pretty ignorant. I think the statement was a bit harsh as I have YET to meet someone like that at CCL, but that is their opinion and that is what this board is for, not for people like you to rip them a new one because you don't like what they said...don't you think it would have been sufficient to say...wow, I don't agree with you.

My PVP can contact people about problems .. why would I think others could not?

I know Iv told her about a few and she sent them on to whomever could fix them.

Because many places have their call centers outsourced and their tech desks outsourced and the two simply do not talk. And Fred didn't contact his PVP. He contacted the Sales desk. Two different sets of personnel.

Why does Carnival Hire Incompetent or better yet Clueless Reps?

I'm sure a career in customer service wasn't their first choice. Some people are very good at it (and you know when you're talking to one), but the vast majority are there because they're qualified for little else.

It's not just Carnival reps, it is in EVERY business. I was a "top dog" in a large national firm and I was in charge of hiring. Pre-2007 (great economy) resumes were few and far between, Post-2007 (bad economy) we would receive 200+ resumes/day. Eventually corporate started hiring "cheap labor" that could just "get the job done".

I've called Carnival and have talked with the typical $8/hr customer service rep that hates his/her job and does the bare minimum to keep it. Employees (for the most part) these days don't go "above and beyond" and I dealt PLENTY with the "it's not in my job description" employees.

Then again, having been born and raised in South Florida and knowing that Carnival is located in Miami, the quality of employee does not surprise me (flame suit on) :cool:

Welcome back....

yes, Carnival should make it abundantly clear that this is a repositioning cruise.

We obviously love Carnival...but sometimes they miss the forest for the trees.

This was a good catch Fred.....you probably saved some folks from booking with Early Saver (which can't be changed without a penalty) and then having to pay the penalty OR pay to get home!!

I would add though that the only thing I would have done differently is not try to "explain" it to a PVP. I would have gone on the Carnival Facebook page and alerted them to the fact that this was confusing. They would have handled it quickly.

It's not just Carnival reps, it is in EVERY business. I was a "top dog" in a large national firm and I was in charge of hiring. Pre-2007 (great economy) resumes were few and far between, Post-2007 (bad economy) we would receive 200+ resumes/day. Eventually corporate started hiring "cheap labor" that could just "get the job done".

I've called Carnival and have talked with the typical $8/hr customer service rep that hates his/her job and does the bare minimum to keep it. Employees (for the most part) these days don't go "above and beyond" and I dealt PLENTY with the "it's not in my job description" employees.

Then again, having been born and raised in South Florida and knowing that Carnival is located in Miami, the quality of employee does not surprise me (flame suit on) :cool:

You'd think with the quality of people being laid off and desperate for work, the quality of the candidate pool would actually improve. That's pretty much the case here. Don't even bother applying for an administrative assistant job if you don't have an MBA or 10+ years as an exec assistant.

My husband comments all there are times (certainly not always) but there are "times" when Carnival appears to be operating like a "mom and pop" ... instead of a multi-billion dollar corporation......

Even if Fred did just call a Sales Desk....they should have said " I am not familiar with that division....let me connect you with someone who is."

How do you know what CCL's internal protocals are so that you can pass judgment on a rep as clueless? Did you work for CCL?

Haven't you ever talked to anyone .. and you KNEW they were clueless to what you were explaining. I dont need to know what protocol is to know when I am talking to someone who is clueless .. though I dont say it to them, but I know clueless when I meet it.

Best thing you can do is hang up and call again.

I agree he should not make fun of your name, but you attacked him first. two wrongs dont make a right my mom says.

Archived