wow sale 2011

sonyynos

Will the sail be on all bookings or on cruises that are within the next 6 months or so. I was going to book a cruise for june 2012 on FOS today, but don't want to pay more if I dont have to. Also if I book now and its lower during the sale will I be able to get fare changed???

I just received a call fro Royal Caribbean. I had called them earlier about some cruises and told the gentleman that the prices were a little to high for the suite I wanted. He told me he would call me back next week after his meeting about a "WOW" sale and I would be very happy with the prices.

Will the sail be on all bookings or on cruises that are within the next 6 months or so. I was going to book a cruise for june 2012 on FOS today, but don't want to pay more if I dont have to. Also if I book now and its lower during the sale will I be able to get fare changed???

It's normally for all bookings...but the prices USUALLY are NOT reduced SALE prices...what you get with the Wow Sale is Reduced Deposit & Onboard Credit based on the length of your cruise...you will be able to get any price drops up till final payment...but cannot use a C&A coupon, Balcony Discount or Shareholder Credit...

I just received a call fro Royal Caribbean. I had called them earlier about some cruises and told the gentleman that the prices were a little to high for the suite I wanted. He told me he would call me back next week after his meeting about a "WOW" sale and I would be very happy with the prices.

WOW gives you reduced deposit and obc. If it was a spectacular price drop, they wouldn't need wow to sell it. Hence many comments that the prices usually go up, not down, during this sale.

I was just going to ask if RCCL does a 50% off deposit and OBC deal like NCL does. The last cruise and the next one in Feb 2012 is on NCL but would like to get back to RCCL for Feb 2013 and paying full deposit for 4 people is a bit much so these deals are good. Is this something you can book right online or via RCCL like with NCL? If not, how does this work.

Thanks for sharing this. Now, I just have to wonder if the cruise I want to book will go up by $200 because that is the credit I would get. Hmmmmmm......

The cruise I'm looking into is applicable for the $100 credit.... as of the announcement of the WOW Sale the price of the cruise has gone up by $60.:(

Now I'm wondering if it's worth waiting for the WOW Sale and risk it going up more.:confused:

I was just going to ask if RCCL does a 50% off deposit and OBC deal like NCL does. The last cruise and the next one in Feb 2012 is on NCL but would like to get back to RCCL for Feb 2013 and paying full deposit for 4 people is a bit much so these deals are good. Is this something you can book right online or via RCCL like with NCL? If not, how does this work.

you can book either online or by calling RCCL. If you book online, the obc won't show up for a couple of weeks, but it's there and also your invoice will say you owe the remaining deposit amount, but you don't have to pay it until final payment date. I have booked during the wow sale a couple of times and it's a great when you don't have any savings certificates or any discounts that you can apply.

I have booked during the wow sale before and I never noticed that the cruises i was looking at booking go up in price. I still think it's determined by supply and demand and not whether the wow sale is coming up. I have a few cruises booked already so I'm going to watch and see if the prices fluctuate at all - my oasis cruise has stayed the same price for the past 5 months - so if they happen to go up this week I will be suspicious.

The WOW sale is a total bust. You cannot take advantage of balcony discounts, sherholders discounts, etc. You will do better by booking on board and get the reduced deposit and the OBC and can combine with the other discounts.

The WOW sale is a total bust. You cannot take advantage of balcony discounts, sherholders discounts, etc. You will do better by booking on board and get the reduced deposit and the OBC and can combine with the other discounts.

Well, there are about a half dozen message strings started this week on the upcoming WOW sale and in each one there is at least one Diamond cruiser whining that this sale is a bust. For those of us with just a couple cruises under our belts and don't have the diamond balcony discounts, or all the other bells and whistles you are afforded (that you can use year round) it is not a bust. The WOW sale is to draw in newbies and it serves it purpose well, thank you very much. I am booking two. :D

Archived