Rumrunners Caught??

lukeduke07

"They got our mixers as they were 32oz instead of the 20oz max."

Mike, I copied this from your answer. Can you explain the 20)Z max. John Heald answered the question "Can the 12 bottles be liter size and he said yes. Are mixers diferent, or was he incorrect. Thank you.

He was incorrect. There was a lot of babble over it, and the Carnival FAQ was updated to specify the 20oz per bottle limitation.

Is it a no-no to take your RR's with you around the ship to add to your drinks? Will the crew frown on that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never been told anything.

Someone had a Heineken mini keg once up on the Lido and nothing was said.

"They got our mixers as they were 32oz instead of the 20oz max."

Mike, I copied this from your answer. Can you explain the 20)Z max. John Heald answered the question "Can the 12 bottles be liter size and he said yes. Are mixers diferent, or was he incorrect. Thank you.

Less than a week after JH posted the incorrect information CCL corrected the FAQ's to state 20oz or less.

It had been 20oz or less but was never updated within the FAQ's.

Even though what JH said was incorrect it was correct if looking at the FAQ's

The old terminology stated in small quantity with no stated ounce per bottle/can.

Maybe even more depending on where you live. Where I live a bottle of malibu rum is about $15-$17. BV charges $55. Thats like 3 1/2 times the price. :eek:

and when i just looked at my neighborhood store, the bombay sapphire price through BV was only $6 more than it was off the shelf here. :cool: but our alcohol tax is outrageous. even Trader Joe's two buck chuck is double that here ...

it all depends on your local alcohol taxes and state laws.

that said, for people like me who fly, the extra few dollars to go through BV is more than worth it if it means one last errand between landing at the airport and boarding the ship the next day. :)

Maybe even more depending on where you live. Where I live a bottle of malibu rum is about $15-$17. BV charges $55. Thats like 3 1/2 times the price.

and when i just looked at my neighborhood store, the bombay sapphire price through BV was only $6 more than it was off the shelf here. but our alcohol tax is outrageous. even Trader Joe's two buck chuck is double that here ...

that said, for people like me who fly, the extra few dollars to go through BV is more than worth it if it means one last errand between landing at the airport and boarding the ship the next day.

Maybe even more depending on where you live. Where I live a bottle of malibu rum is about $15-$17. BV charges $55. Thats like 3 1/2 times the price.

and when i just looked at my neighborhood store, the bombay sapphire price through BV was only $6 more than it was off the shelf here. but our alcohol tax is outrageous. even Trader Joe's two buck chuck is double that here ...

that said, for people like me who fly, the extra few dollars to go through BV is more than worth it if it means one last errand between landing at the airport and boarding the ship the next day.

Is it a no-no to take your RR's with you around the ship to add to your drinks? Will the crew frown on that?

I had a waiter in one of the lounges tell me im not supposed to have it. But then again i wasn't hiding the fact that i was mixing it in my drink.

Mostly i saw people walking around with carnival coffee cups with lids all times of the day and night. Took me a couple of days to realize that ther weren't filled with coffee

I had a waiter in one of the lounges tell me im not supposed to have it. But then again i wasn't hiding the fact that i was mixing it in my drink.

Mostly i saw people walking around with carnival coffee cups with lids all times of the day and night. Took me a couple of days to realize that ther weren't filled with coffee

I had a waiter get on to me in one of the lounges and tell me thai wasnt supposed to have that. He didnt take it from me. Plus i probably could have been a little more discreet insteasd of just mixing it up on the table in plain sight.:D

I had a waiter get on to me in one of the lounges and tell me thai wasnt supposed to have that. He didnt take it from me. Plus i probably could have been a little more discreet insteasd of just mixing it up on the table in plain sight.:D

Last year my wife and I sailed out of Mobile on the Elation. I packed my rumrunners tightly rolled up in clothes in my checked bags. When my bags did show up to my room I had to go looking for them. Once i found it the rumrunners had been found but placed in a Carnival drawstring bag and put back in my luggage. Anyone else had this happen?

I Will be on Destiny in january and dont want to get caught again. (although i really didnt get caught then just hassled)

How does having your contraband safely repacked in your luggage constitute being "hassled"? :confused:

If you had locked your bags, they wouldn't have been able to open them without you present.

• 10 months later...

I am a firm believer in Bon Voyage liquor purchases. I really love getting to the cabin and pouring some JD over ice, then proceed to the balcony and relax. Plus you don't have to wait for your luggage to appear. :D

I spoke to a Carnival rep and in conversation, she told me about them monitoring these threads..If you are going to do it, probably best to just figure it out yourself, or ask someone in person..

Just a heads up. CCL has been monitoring RR threads to find out how to's.

More so since this past summer. All the ports have been cracking down.

I just read a review over on CCL forum that they were confiscated from luggage on a cruise last week.

someone lost their rum runner and content just last week on the dream that he had packed in his suitcase with a nice little note. also wouldnt let rolling cooler on either. have used them before but not this time.

I'm constantly amazed by the time and effort people put into cheating the system. If they put as much into their job they might be the manager of McDonalds by now, not just taking orders for the drive through.:rolleyes:

Archived