Rumrunners Caught??

lukeduke07

• 2 weeks later...
OK here is a question I have not seen posted yet.... Does white wine and red wine show up different in the xray? and I seen colored rum runners ( blue, red, flowered ) at the store .. do they work as good as the clear ones ?

AFIAK, x-rays do not read "color" - there are xray machines that

have a color display but the colors are related to chemical makeup-

ie. plastic shows up a red, organic matter shows up as green, etc.

White and red wine may have slightly different x-ray signatures because

of their chemical make-up is slightly different.

This is just an educated guess. :)

• 8 months later...
Last year my wife and I sailed out of Mobile on the Elation. I packed my rumrunners tightly rolled up in clothes in my checked bags. When my bags did show up to my room I had to go looking for them. Once i found it the rumrunners had been found but placed in a Carnival drawstring bag and put back in my luggage. Anyone else had this happen?

I Will be on Destiny in january and dont want to get caught again. (although i really didnt get caught then just hassled)

Any tips on how to pack them in our checked bags?

WOW!!! That is deep!!! You got crazy lucky....I wonder what the deal was with the person that found your RR's??? :eek:

They got my DH's last cruise. He usually packs them in good but this time he just threw them in. What a dummy!:eek: They also went through my bag which had all of the lotions and other toiletries. Unfortunately, the felt it was necessary to open all of the ziplok bags and leave them open. They also left some of the lotions open and got lotion all over my clothing. I had no alcohol in my bag. I was not happy and they washed my clothing for free.

I was thinking of ordering my rum through Bon Voyage for our Legend cruise last week.

But I just could not bring myself to pay $55 for 1 liter of rum.

When I could get 1.75 liters of the exact same rum at Sam's Club liquor store for $20.49 after tax.

Just made sure to buy the plastic bottle and packed it in my luggage and it made it on just fine.

(sorry but not going to mention in here where I packed the rum to ensure it made it through)

I just can't see how paying triple the cost for Bon Voyage is such a great deal?

Bill

I agree, not a great deal. That being said, we ordered Vodka through BV and it cost $55. We only used half of it and gave the rest to our cabin steward. We were on Sunshine and I've read on CC that many people walked through security at different ports, not just embarkation, with bottles of wine and had no problem.

Carnival probably felt that this was a different crowd, already spending lots of money on very profitable excursions. It was also a 12 night cruise, which along with the really expensive airfare to get to Europe, attracts a different crowd.

I could be wrong and if I am I'm sure someone will be nice enough on here to point that out.;)

I ummed and arred about smuggling alcohol then eventually decided to leave it at home as its too many extra calories anyway! I do like the challenge of smuggling it through though and had devised a method I hadn't seen anywhere else. Might try it one day...

As long as people drink responsibly it does not matter if they have smuggled alcohol or not. I hardly consider smuggling booze as stealing.

I think Cruises should also take into the account of the length of cruises when it comes to alcohol allowance. If your cruise if over 10 days take 2 bottles per person, if less take one per person.

Archived