Rumrunners Caught??

lukeduke07

I spoke to a Carnival rep and in conversation, she told me about them monitoring these threads..If you are going to do it, probably best to just figure it out yourself, or ask someone in person..

I'm sure Carnival has better things to do with their time, I don't believe it for a second !!!

I'm constantly amazed by the time and effort people put into cheating the system. If they put as much into their job they might be the manager of McDonalds by now, not just taking orders for the drive through.:rolleyes:

Takes about 15 minutes to load and pack, and virtually no effort. Takes longer to go through Bon Voyage. Oh, and btw, I'm a business owner and have been for 30 years now. I also buy drinks on board, but I will not pay those ridiculous prices through BV. The individual drinks are high enough. And, before you make another snarky comment, I certainly could afford to buy through BV, but do not like being a victim of highway robbery.

We'll continue to enjoy our own margaritas on the balcony of an aft wrap suite.

1) If you are talking about the water that you can carry on, they will shake the bottles, and it would only work with vodka anyways.

By "it would only work with vodka," are you saying that's the only clear liquor? My sister and I each smuggled a giant, opened bottle of water (about a liter each) on our first cruise. My "water" was lime rum; hers was scorched cherry something or other. Both were clear.

I'm constantly amazed by the time and effort people put into cheating the system. If they put as much into their job they might be the manager of McDonalds by now, not just taking orders for the drive through.:rolleyes:

And what is wrong with working at a McDonald's drive-thru?

Please don't demean hard-working employees so you can

tout your moral righteousness.

Takes about 15 minutes to load and pack, and virtually no effort. Takes longer to go through Bon Voyage. Oh, and btw, I'm a business owner and have been for 30 years now. I also buy drinks on board, but I will not pay those ridiculous prices through BV. The individual drinks are high enough. And, before you make another snarky comment, I certainly could afford to buy through BV, but do not like being a victim of highway robbery.

We'll continue to enjoy our own margaritas on the balcony of an aft wrap suite.

And if someone was stealing from your buisness you would have them thrown in jail. No standard like a double standard!

And if someone was stealing from your buisness you would have them thrown in jail. No standard like a double standard!

Oh, please! Not even Carnival considers smuggling alcohol stealing. If they did there would be some consequence when they catch people.

How would you order from bon voyage. I have not found it on the internet.

Placing a phone order:

Our knowledgeable Customer Service representatives are available to answer your questions about our products, help you make a selection, and take your credit card order. You can reach our BonVoyage/Gifts and Services Department by telephone, toll free, at 1-800-522-7648 during the following hours:

Monday - Friday 9:00am - 6:00pm, Eastern Time

Phone orders are accepted up to one week prior to sailing. Visa, MasterCard, Discover® Network and American Express accepted.

Customer Service is closed Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Day.

Overseas? Call us at (305) 599-2600.

I started taking rumrunners on in 2009 and in 10 cruises I've never lost a rumrunner. Sorry, not stupid enough to say here how I do it, but you need to think concealment and misdirection. ;)

Dying to know.....got our RRs snatched on Splendor - admittedly only the larger ones that my husband was sure were safe mingled amongst clothing...not.

I spoke to a Carnival rep and in conversation, she told me about them monitoring these threads..If you are going to do it, probably best to just figure it out yourself, or ask someone in person..

Sure, they monitor, but mostly for new products (like Shampbooze) and not for specific cruisers. They definitely don't have the manpower to stop individual posters, flag them in the system, and find their bag and search it before they come aboard. It's not worth it, just over a few hundred bucks in lost liquor sales. And none of the methods people have mentioned on here (pack it in your shoes! Roll it in your clothes! Hide it in the base!) are revolutionary. They've been mentioned hundreds of times before on other threads and would be common sense anyway if they weren't. But of course they tell you they monitor each thread and note each poster if you ask.

If you're unlucky, and your bag gets searched, they know what they're looking for and they'll take it. But most bags aren't personally searched (if they searched the thousands of bags personally, they wouldn't be done until the end of the cruise), and really they're looking for dangerous contraband like knives, irons, and other problem items. The booze is more like a bonus.

If there are people monitoring this thread, I hope they take note of the fact that there are a lot of people, like me, who cruise a lot and refuse to go on lines that get all mickey mouse, high school about liquor. I happily buy a bottle of wine in the MDR every night at dinner, and an occasional beer when they have Mexican food and that's that. If I want to bring wine on board to drink on my deck, that's my business not theirs.

All of these theads abouit RR are the same. Someone claims that the cruiseline monitors the threads - perhaps but doubtful. They claim that the posters are telling their secrets - I am sure the cruiselines are well aware of how smuggling is done. Even if they know who the smugglers are they still have to find their luggage and the contraband. Typical cruise ship holds 3000 pax or more who being on somewhere between 3000 and 6000 pieces of luggage. It has to be checked and loaded on the ship in a few hours then distributed to the rooms. They don't have much time. They may catch a few but most get away with it.

I have used RR for several years and never had a problem. Bottoms up!

I just got back last week and I had five rumrunners packed. I hid them in the bottom of my garment bag in a small compartment that is designed for shoes. When my luggage arrived the rumrunners were gone and a note was in its place telling me that my beverages had been confiscated and destroyed since they were opened from the original container.... oops.

I have never used RRs. Are they good for packing in my suitcase to take on board the plane as far as chance of breaking? Or should I just pack the bottle. Iam going overseas and want to cut down on weight?

Ok back to cruising, if I put 2 8oz in my pockets will I make it thru screening?

I have never used RRs. Are they good for packing in my suitcase to take on board the plane as far as chance of breaking? Or should I just pack the bottle. Iam going overseas and want to cut down on weight?

Ok back to cruising, if I put 2 8oz in my pockets will I make it thru screening?

i wouldn't risk it overseas, but yes you can pack 2 8oz rr's in your pants no problem

Oh, please! Not even Carnival considers smuggling alcohol stealing. If they did there would be some consequence when they catch people.

What else would you call it you are taking money from the sale of alcohol that rightly belongs to Carnival! Just because Carnival doesn't punish offenders they still see it as a problem, otherwise they would allow people to bring it on without restrictions.

I'd be way happier if they let you bring more wine! That being said, we have smuggled each cruise and never been caught yet. But we don't always smuggle lots either.

Even with smuggling, our bar bill is typically $300-500 for 2 people. That was on our last 7 day, we prefer beer anyway!

What else would you call it you are taking money from the sale of alcohol that rightly belongs to Carnival!

I think allowing a a limited amount, say a single bottle per party (rather than adult passenger) would increase onboard sales.

Using the NASCAR model is a good comparison. Not only can you tailgate (eating and drinking anything you want), at nearly every track on the circuit you are also allowed to bring a certain size cooler (track specified) with everything but hard liquor (food, beer, sodas and pretty much anything else goes) with you into the track. In spite of this, the lines for beer and food are still ridiculous. If they were losing money this would not be allowed.

Same with NFL tailgating. In the parking lot, ANYTHING GOES. Once you get in, does the fact that folks have spent the day drinking and eating diminish the long lines for food and drinks?? Nope.

I attend both types of events regularly and tailgate at every home game an NASCAR event I attend. Guess what, I still buy food and drinks when I get inside the stadium/track.

What you get is a bunch of content customers that are more amenable to continuing to spend money.

I think allowing a a limited amount, say a single bottle per party (rather than adult passenger) would increase onboard sales.

Using the NASCAR model is a good comparison. Not only can you tailgate (eating and drinking anything you want), at nearly every track on the circuit you are also allowed to bring a certain size cooler (track specified) with everything but hard liquor (food, beer, sodas and pretty much anything else goes) with you into the track. In spite of this, the lines for beer and food are still ridiculous. If they were losing money this would not be allowed.

Same with NFL tailgating. In the parking lot, ANYTHING GOES. Once you get in, does the fact that folks have spent the day drinking and eating diminish the long lines for food and drinks?? Nope.

I attend both types of events regularly and tailgate at every home game an NASCAR event I attend. Guess what, I still buy food and drinks when I get inside the stadium/track.

What you get is a bunch of content customers that are more amenable to continuing to spend money.

Excellent point! If we could bring more wine on without smuggling I would gladly do away with the hassle of smuggling and spend more money on drinks onboard! Smuggling just wouldn't be worth it anymore and I wouldn't want to carry on the amount we actually drink on vacation :D

What else would you call it you are taking money from the sale of alcohol that rightly belongs to Carnival! Just because Carnival doesn't punish offenders they still see it as a problem, otherwise they would allow people to bring it on without restrictions.

It's not taking money from carnival. Just because I take RR, doesn't mean I would not buy drinks on board.

Actually, I always buy drinks and bring home about half of the RR's.

If they ever take my RR's, no big deal, I will just have a few drinks in port and not buy on the ship. I don't need to drink.

Carnival makes more money on me, when my RR's get through.

Good for them, so far 100% success rate. :D

Archived