disembarking in fort lauderdale and flight time

saturn1

We will be on the Emerald in March and disembarking on March 17th. Would it be safe to have a flight booked for 1130 am? Also, would it be better to book the Princess shuttle to the airport for reliability and the time factor?

We were easily able to make a 10:30 flight out of Ft. Lauderdale. If you are worried, be in the first group to get off (do self-disembarkation) if possible.

Of course, there is always the rare chance that something holds the ship up either getting into port or being released for passengers to leave, or a snaful in immigration, but that is rare.

I would not take the shuttle- it waits for people to fill the bus.

I would also NOT do self embarkation.

When cruising out of FLL we always book the 11:30 flight and make it with plenty of time.

We eat in the dining room away from the masses at the buffet. After breakfast we go back to the cabin and grab our stuff coz we asked for early off tags the night before.. We are in the first wave of passengers to get off after those doing self assist.

We have a 10:30 flight to catch. I can't decide if we should do self disembark or get early off tags. Definitely will get a cab....and hope will be able to do EZcheck for our Southwest flight.

10:30 is too early for using EZCheck at FLL.

We have a 10:30 flight to catch. I can't decide if we should do self disembark or get early off tags. Definitely will get a cab....and hope will be able to do EZcheck for our Southwest flight.

for your flight- self assist will be a better choice. Your luggage will need to be checked in befoe 9:30 (that gives you about an hour to get off the ship through immigration and customs and get to the airport for checking iin.

what is EZ Check? Is that the cruiselines check in where they take the luggage--

Beacuse we are flying out of the US, we have to be at the airport 90 minutes before our flight. We have to factor in that time. So I will ask the question a different way: what is the reasonnable time one can expect to arrive at the airport ? Thank you

EZcheck is when you put your luggage out last night as usual and you don't see it again til your flight destination. Guess you have to see if available on your ship and for your airline after you board. The service varies from ship to ship.

Beacuse we are flying out of the US, we have to be at the airport 90 minutes before our flight. We have to factor in that time. So I will ask the question a different way: what is the reasonnable time one can expect to arrive at the airport ? Thank you

I have done self disembark before and been to the Fort Lauderdale airport around 8am (we took a taxi) If I was flying out of the states, I would probably book a flight at 12:00 or later as you just never know what tie ups you will run into.

for you-- a flight after noon will be good. Leisurely get off the ship- ask for early off tags for a noon flight.

• 2 years later...
Do you think we can make a 9:30 at Ft. Lauderdale disembarking from the Allure?
Good luck! You'll need it. A 9:30am flight is one you'd book if you're a gambler and have a "Plan B" in case you miss it. Some people will say they've made it but there's no way I'd stress out and have that anxiety at the end of a great cruise. FLL can be extremely busy and it can often take an hour or more to check in and go through Security.

I am taking Amtrak after my Royal cruise in December. Could I make

The 9am train, which is the shorter of the two daily trains. The other

Leaves at 12:30pm. However that one is 30 hours and the earlier one

Is 26 hours.