Thursday 9/29/11 Weigh-in Thread (a little late) All Welcome to Post

Jan_In_Maine

Good Morning everyone --- Not quite sure where Belle was yesterday ... I hope everything is ok.

I meant to start this thread Thursday ... but life keeps getting in the way (that's what I feel sometimes about losing weight :rolleyes:)

I did not lose anything, zip, nada, ziltch, ... but on the other hand I did not gain either. I leave next Friday for our cruise and would really like to be down a few pounds by them.

I purchased a pedometer to take with us ... I'm hoping it helps with the motivation. Jan

Hi,

I lost 0.5lb this week which I was pleased with as it's been a tough week. That's 42lbs in total and I've like another 3-8 before I go at Thanksgiving.

I think the pedometer will really help you to stay motivated and I'm sure walking around the ship you'll easily get those steps in :)

Hi all!

I signed in on the old thread. Do you have a new one each week?:confused:

Jan ~ did you get the pedometer from LLB? That's the one I have & I wear it around my neck as I've broken too many that fell to the ground when I pulled my pants down.;) You can also convert the steps to calories at the end of the day if you count calories.

One thread I read the guy posted how many miles a day he walked on the Oasis, it was like 5!!

Jess S ~ that's amazing losing 42 lbs!:D How long have you been working at reducing?

Have a great weekend !

~ Jo ~ :)

Good Morning,

Jan, thanks for starting the thread. Better luck for both of us on losing next week.

I sadly gained 1 lb. Oh bummer. Here I am 3 weeks until I leave for Europe and I'm not losing so well.

If I work really hard the next 3 weeks I could lose 5 lbs. Fortunately when in Europe we are very active so I don't expect to gain much.

Jess, Congrats on the loss, that is awesome.

Jo, yes we start a new weigh-in thread each week. Glad you are joining in.

Have a nice weekend everyone, Diana

Hi again!

I guess I should have said I was down 1 lb since last week.:D

Jan ~ I see you're going on the Oasis next week. I'm going in 6 weeks! Did you follow

Trainman2 on his recent "live from"?

You're also going on the Dawn next year as am I. I'm doing the 14 day roundtrip from Quebec City Canada /New England cruise.

Could this be a case of "great minds think alike?"!;)

Ciao

Jo - I have followed every post on Oasis in the last 540 days! I do love Trainman's ports! Have you followered Steeners (spelling) post this past week or so? ... they've been great also.

I'm really looking forward to our Dawn cruise as there will be no flights involved (to Bermuda from Boston!).

I'm glad you lost 1 pound!! :D Jan

I have only lost 2 pounds, but I did jump through the 300 pound window!

I kept going back and forth most of the week, and have been under now for 3 days, only 297 298 but under is under.

We were going to the pool for water arobics tonight,

but the pool was closed,

Someone "POOPED" in the pool!

We were going to go tomorrow morning also, but now I think I am going to just go tomorrow and walk on the treadmill.

I will wait till next week to get back in the pool, after the water runs a few more days.

Gross!

I was down 3 lbs this week but unforunitely I decided to gget on the scale again tonight after a night out to eat and a day shopping-- i gained back a lb so can only say down by 2 this week. UGH I hate when that happens!!!!

Congrats to everyone for the weight loss this week and to those that didn't loose keep working at it it will come off.

Hi all - is it okay for me to just jump right in?? :) I I want to lose some weight before my cruise in November this year, but it's so hard to get started. I think a weekly weigh-in would be good motivation, and I really like the idea of starting a new thread each week. So can I start off by saying I think I've lost 1 pound this week? I say 'think' because I've gotten out of the habit of weighing on a regular basis, but this morning I was down a pound from a few days ago, anyway!

Has anyone heard from Belle? I hope everything is ok with her.

I was wondering the same thing. There have been times that she hasn't posted on Thursday, but normally she does by the weekend. Hope she posts soon. That is the hardest part about being friends on a board, don't know when/if changes happen in peoples lives.

Seems to be some that have lost this week .... congratulations!

SCSunshine5 --- you are more than welcome to jump right in, that is what is so nice about the weight loss weigh-in thread --- the more people the merrier, its nice to have a whole bunch of people to support each other.

Waldocruiser - how exciting to get through a window - congratulations!

Daghis - isn't it frustrating when you have the calories/exercise and feel that the weight loss should have been more, probably its waiting until next week!!:D

Jo - I got my pedometer on-line, I checked with consumer reports and they recommended a "go smart", it does steps, distance, calories and fat burn. It was even until $30. Now I just need to figure out how to us it :rolleyes:

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday. Jan

Going thru a lot of stress but

not the reason I didn't start

the weigh-in Thursday.

(tried many times)

My computer is not working right

or not working at all. Can't deal

with it now...but know need to get

it fix.

Make this short and hope it goes

thru. Made two poems..wouldn't send

and/or would shut down.

Congrats on your loss's!

Thanks again for caring..makes my day!

Hi all!

Jan ~ I know what you mean about checking all the Oasis info for so long, I booked my cruise In June 2010 so it's been a long time coming too!;) You're just days away now, lucky girl!:D

My pedometer has a lot more than I am able to deal with so I just look at the steps & time on the face then can push a button for calories & something else.:confused: Did you see how many miles Steeners was putting on the old bod each day, yikes?!

waldocruiser1 ~ Congrats! It must feel great to break through that "300 window".:D

Well I have to head over to my Wii now. I try to put in 30 minutes each day, my only exercise unless I go to Town which I did yesterday & put 5000+ steps on the pedometer.

Have a great day!

Archived