Grand Suite Vs. Junior Suite

I am on the AOS in a few weeks and have booked JS suite 1612, which is next to a RS on deck 10. I am wondering if it is worth it to upgrade to the GS as this is our honeymoon. I know the size of the cabin is larger and you get the conceirge club but is it worth what looks like a thousand bucks more? Thanks in advance for any opinions.

Personally i would say to do the upgrade to the Grand Suite. My husband and I were on AOS for our honeymoon and it was our first cruise so we booked through a travel agent and she told us nothing about the perks of the Grand Suite so we really enjoyed ourselves and were extreemly happy with our Juinor Suite. But, For our first anniversary we decided to take Seranade and booked as Grand Suite because we did some investigation and found out about the exta perks. We felt it was SOOO worth it and won't travel below a Grand Suite ever again. Our coneriage Martiza was exceptional and having a private lounge to retreat to we really enjoyed. If i could do my Honeymoon over again I definatly book a Grand Suite. Hope this helps. Have a wonderful honeymoon whatever you choise to do!!!

On our Radiance cruise last month ( our very first!) we stayed in a junior suite on the 10th deck. I decided on the JS because we would be taking our 8 year old DD and we wanted/needed the extra space. I must say that I was completely satisfied with the JS experience, the suite was very large with more than enough storage space.....we had priority embarkation and I asked for robes which were brough to us straight away :) After the cruise I knew I would not cruise in less than a JS.

I have recently booked the AOS for Jan/06 and originally booked a JS. One day on a whim, I called RCI to ask if they had anything available on the "hump" and much to my surprise, the GS ( the only GS on the hump) was in fact available! I decided to grab it right away.....I still had to convince DH ....but I managed! We spend time in our cabin and will really appreciate the extra amenities that come with a GS and concierge service:) I say.....if it won't break the bank......go for it!

If you decide to stay with the JS you'll love that too......hey....you'll love everything.....you're cruising!

Good Luck :D

• 3 years later...
I am on the AOS in a few weeks and have booked JS suite 1612, which is next to a RS on deck 10. I am wondering if it is worth it to upgrade to the GS as this is our honeymoon. I know the size of the cabin is larger and you get the conceirge club but is it worth what looks like a thousand bucks more? Thanks in advance for any opinions.

I am assuming that it is just two in the cabin, since it is your honeymoon. :D

Unless that thousand dollars is burning a hole in your pocket, I would advise you to stay with the JS. It is quite large and nice, and you will be quite satisfied with it. The only time I have had a GS is with three people, and even then, the extra space was nice but not necessary.

Congratulations!

$1000 extra has more of an impact on some people's wallets than others, and only you can decide whether the full suite perks are worth that much to you. The GS are very, VERY nice, and the couple of times we've booked them, we've enjoyed them greatly. But we've also enjoyed our JS, D-1 and oceanview cabins, too.

Personally, access to the Concierge Lounge isn't worth the price difference to me. I like the larger cabin with more luxurious appointments. Those are awesome! And you will be on your honeymoon, so I'm guessing you'll be spending plenty of time in your cabin...:)

We sailed on the Adventure on our honeymoon in a JS and loved it. We thought about upgrading to a GS but never have. We've always been in a JS or D1 cabin. I would rather take another cruise or a week at the beach somewhere with the $1000 upgrade charge! But thats just me. But know that you wont be disappointed in a JS for your honeymoon. :)

My wife and I had a junior suite on Navigator last year and were delighted with it (its much bigger than a balcony cabin and the bath and storage space are great)... until we visited one of our dinner companions Grand Suite!

Having seen the additional space, quality and perks we vowed that we'd go for a Grand Suite from then onwards (and have got one booked for our next cruise).

However we're the kind of people who prefer having one amazing, luxurious, no expenses spared holiday a year, whereas alot of people would rather save the cash and have another break!

For my sister's 61st :eek: B'day we booked the GS1252 on the Voyager. It is worth every extra cent you can afford. The living room, bathroom, balcony, sleeping area, and bar area is literally twice the size of a Jr.Suite our friends had. You will not be disappointed. And it is your honeymoon (congratulations on your marriage) so why not finish celebrating your marriage by going first class on your honeymoon too.

Hello, people! This thread is over 3 years old!!

Not only has the decision been made, the honeymoon is over. :p ;)

HOLY MOLY, I just saw that!!!

Poor rolloman...............I hope that he had a nice honeymoon!

LOL! :D

How did brett9 manage to pull up a three year old thread?!?!?!?!? And it's his first post! :eek:

This really, really cracks me up!!:D Should we do a poll to see who thinks they:

Are Happily Married

Are Married but not Happy

Are Happily Divorced

Decided the wedding was too expensive and booked two cruises a year for life.:D

HOLY MOLY, I just saw that!!!

Poor rolloman...............I hope that he had a nice honeymoon!

LOL! :D

How did brett9 manage to pull up a three year old thread?!?!?!?!? And it's his first post! :eek:

why does someone reply to a post that was on page 145 or how ever long ago:confused:

HAHAHAHA:D :eek:

And.......pmfan...........who has jumped from under 2200 post last week to what she/he has today........is pretty amazing. It's like 500 posts in a week.

MM ..........I think she/he has you beat for a record number of posts for a week.

Now........if they had some meaning!!:rolleyes:

Rick

How did brett9 manage to pull up a three year old thread?!?!?!?!? And it's his first post!

SEARCH is working again, that's how! ;)

I think that sometimes folks forget when they pull up the results of a search that some of those threads are REALLY, REALLY old.

SEARCH is working again, that's how! ;)

I think that sometimes folks forget when they pull up the results of a search that some of those threads are REALLY, REALLY old.

As I said, it was brett's FIRST POST. It sort of explains a lot. :rolleyes: ;) :) :D

Maybe they read some posts where people were criticized for not using the search function first?

Anyway, I'm glad this got bumped up. We just booked our first JS on AOS for next year (exactly a year from now) and I'm glad to read as much as I can about it.

Now that I have another RCI cruise booked, I'm sure I'll be learning a lot from you guys. Merion Mom -- I remember you from when I was looking forward to my first RCI cruise....

The more JS info, the better! Can't imagine we'll move up until we stop needing that extra cabin for the kids.... but the JS will be great!

WE had that jr. suite, 1612, on our last cruise in November but it was on the Explorer. It was located right next door to the Royal Suite. I don't know if the configuration is the same on the Adventure but if it is the only downside to that suite was that it had a split opening on the balcony. So, in other words, there was a steel obstruction about 4 feet wide which obscured the sight of the ocean. The cabin otherwise was great and we enjoyed it. You would have to check to see if the Adventure has this same structural obstruction.

We did a cabin crawl on our last cruise (March 28, 2008) on Explorer and here are some of the things I noticed different between a JS and a GS. We had a GS. In a JS you have a walk in closet with shelves, in a GS you DO NOT have a walk in closet, your closet is behind the bar area and there are two bars in the closets, so hanging long items (slacks, evening gowns) is difficult unless you drape them over the bottom bar. The JS has the sofa next to the bed, in the GS the sofa is across from the bed, so if one is laying in bed watching t.v. and one is laying on the sofa watching t.v. it's hard in a GS ~ where as in a JS you'd both be facing the t.v., In a JS the bathroom is a "bit" smaller, but still plenty of room, in the GS the bathroom actually has ALOT of wasted space in the middle. Both JS and GS have bathtubs in the bathrooms (which I love). The concierge service we got with the GS to us was not worth the extra money (it was our 25th anniversary so we opted for the GS) but wished I'd just taken the JS, saved that money and used it on shore excursions, frou frou drinks or SHOPPING. We went to the concierge lounge ONCE the entire time. Yes you do get free drinks from 5-8:30 but good luck finding a seat to sit down and enjoy that drink unless you get there very early. They have snacks during that time too ~ nothing you can't get somewhere else. And they say your get priority wait listed for sold out shore excursions, let me tell you when a shore excursion is sold out it really doesn't matter where you are on a wait list your probably NOT going to get a ticket for that shore excursion anyhow (we didn't for the 3 we were wait listed for). They also say you get priority tendering ~ that's BULL everyone regardless of where your staying gets in line and waits for tenders, I asked about the priority tenders and just about got laughed at on Explorer last month. Now if you are a HUGE drinker and think your going to get 1,000.00 worth of booze for free in the concierge lounge then go for the GS, otherwise I'd say stick with the JS, save that extra money and spend it on something nice in port!! I like suites so I will probably opt for a JS next time around, even with 2 children in tow next time ~ in the GS when they open that sofa it comes almost to the foot of your bed, so there is NO walking room, in the JS when they open the sofa it's beside the bed, so you still have walking room in front (at the foots of) the bed and sofa. JMHO but I'd stick with the JS and save that extra 1,000 (probably PER PERSON) for other things that you'll enjoy on the ship and in the ports.

This really, really cracks me up!!:D Should we do a poll to see who thinks they:

Are Happily Married

Are Married but not Happy

Are Happily Divorced

Decided the wedding was too expensive and booked two cruises a year for life.:D

Or it could be changed to:

I am on the AOS in a few weeks and have booked JS suite 1612, which is next to a RS on deck 10. I am wondering if it is worth it to upgrade to the GS as this is our 3rd Anniversary. I know the size of the cabin is larger and you get the conceirge club but is it worth what looks like a thousand bucks more? Thanks in advance for any opinions.

Archived