Will there be kids to play with?

Almost Packed

Dh & I are taking our first grader on his first cruise in February. Now that I have booked, I wonder, will there be children his age (6) also onboard? Will Camp Carnival still fully operate if there are only a few kids?

We have never cruised with any of our kids. The older kids don't wanna miss school.

So this is our 4th cruise, but first one with kids and I am hoping there will be kids for him to play with.

Anyone else cruised during Feb. with kids?

Thanks in advance.

There will be some kids on every sailing...no worries! It may not be alot, but there will be some. Folks (like you) will take kids out of school to cruise...and then you have those who home-school....your child will have someone to play with!

WOO HOO! i'm really glad to hear that. I was affraid maybe ds wouldn't have anyone to play with.

Unfortunatley dh & i are not able to travel during summer and holiday times due to our jobs. so we have to go during off peak times if we want to go at all.

Thanks

Depending on which week in February you have booked, you may have A LOT of kids.

In the northeast, we have "President's Week," off from school. In 2012, the week of February 18 (Saturday) starts our break.

Is that the same as spring break or do you get that too?

we are sailing out on the 6th.

Once you get closer to your sail date, you can send John Heald a question on Facebook if you're on there asking how many kids in your age group.

I just asked for our cruise in 19 days and found that there are 23 <2 yr olds on our sailing. We will likely find most of them... LOL

Once you get closer to your sail date, you can send John Heald a question on Facebook if you're on there asking how many kids in your age group.

I just asked for our cruise in 19 days and found that there are 23 <2 yr olds on our sailing. We will likely find most of them... LOL

That's great to know. Thanks!

When my daughter was 5, we were offered a friends and family discount on a Princess cruise Valentine's Week, so we jumped on that, despite having to beg her kinder teacher for that week's homework to take with.

There were only two other 5-year-olds. There were fewer activities, too.

There may be some kids onboard for your cruise, but not as many as in late March or early April when many school districts will take spring break.

When my daughter was 5' date=' we were offered a friends and family discount on a Princess cruise Valentine's Week, so we jumped on that, despite having to beg her kinder teacher for that week's homework to take with.

There were only two other 5-year-olds. There were fewer activities, too.

There may be some kids onboard for your cruise, but not as many as in late March or early April when many school districts will take spring break.[/quote']

Do you think it varies from cruiseline much? We will be on Carnival, and cruising on Feb. 6th. :confused: I'd hate for them to close down camp carnival or something because there were only 3 or so kids. :(

Feb isn't likely going to have a huge group of kids for longer cruises. Its school season last I checked :D

Dh & I are taking our first grader on his first cruise in February. Now that I have booked, I wonder, will there be children his age (6) also onboard? Will Camp Carnival still fully operate if there are only a few kids?

We have never cruised with any of our kids. The older kids don't wanna miss school.

So this is our 4th cruise, but first one with kids and I am hoping there will be kids for him to play with.

Anyone else cruised during Feb. with kids?

Thanks in advance.

Do you think it varies from cruiseline much? We will be on Carnival, and cruising on Feb. 6th. :confused: I'd hate for them to close down camp carnival or something because there were only 3 or so kids. :(

Even on Princess, the program runs no matter how many kids there are. The staff is already on the ship. My girls have enjoyed the kids club even more when there are just a few other kids there because they get personal attention and activities are more geared to them. Lots of parents pull their kids out to travel, are homeschooled, live in other countries on different calendars, etc. We've cruised a lot during the school year and there are always other kids on board - even on longer and more adult-oriented cruises.

Best,

Mia

I don't know how much it varies by line, but we've gone in February & early March and there were 20-30 kids per age group each time (on Royal Caribbean). We homeschool, but for an extended-family event my siblings took their kids out for the week, and I know others do the same. That's only counting the kids we saw in the clubs - I know there were others on board who didn't use the clubs (my sister's kids among them). It's great that the clubs are not crowded, but there are plenty of kids that mine always make a few friends.

Feb isn't likely going to have a huge group of kids for longer cruises. Its school season last I checked :D

Not necessarily. Many places have year round or modified calendars. Also, the majority of homes hollers very intentionally travel off season. I also think that since the OPs child is young there is a greater likelihood of parents taking them out of school.

there will probably be plenty of kids. We just got off Carnival Inspiration Monday. It was a music themed cruise and there were only 25 kids. Our 3 yr old granddaughter went several times. They seemed to just keep all the kids together. I am sure this is very rare though. They still opened up as usual.

Archived