OBC for my birthday

TERRIER1

I just received a $50 OBC from Oceania for my upcoming birthday to be used through 2012. Is this new? I never received this before. I gladly accept the OBC with open arms.

I checked w/ "O" and their response is you get the obc if you are a bronze cruiser ..over 5 cruises. I was on their Sept cruise when it was my b-day, and I didn't even receive a cupcake...but of course I am a neophyte..It was only my 2nd O cruise.

I was on their Sept cruise when it was my b-day, and I didn't even receive a cupcake...

Why did you not just ask for one :confused:

They will bring you cake if you ask for one for a special occaision

Yes, it does seem that multiple cruisers are getting the birthday OBC. No worries--free gifts (unless promised) are always a generous unexpected surprise, not an obligatory requirement!

Agreed, it should not be expected. (but would be appreciated) And as caribbeansun wrote there is now both a positive and negative effect from this now that word is out.,

Our upcoming cruise documents arrived today. DW's birthday is in just over a week (we've celebrated it on an O cruise last year) but alas, no Birthday Wishes from O in the mail. I usually do get a few from outside of friends and family such as our insurance agent. We've never had one from O though. [note to self: call the florist in the morning]

As Wildblue writes, it should come as an unexpected surprise if it is a gift.

Fortunately I forget very quickly so if someone from O is reading this do not let this post derail your from your course. The surprise will not be spoiled if you send one now :)

I get a birhday card from my insurance agent and the dog gets a birthday card from his doggie insurance company. The OBC was a deligthful surprise. This is our fifth cruise so we are bronze now.

I hope our dog does not see this. She just might feel left out :) She is upset enough that we have to kennel her while on a cruise (we tell her it is camp)

I hope our dog does not see this. She just might feel left out :) She is upset enough that we have to kennel her while on a cruise (we tell her it is camp)

We have a pet sitter that comes and stays at our house with our little yorkies while we are on trips.

We have a pet sitter that comes and stays at our house with our little yorkies while we are on trips.

We have a pet sitter also - he is called our son.:) I knew there was a reason he is still living with us. The dog is happy and is actually indifferent to see us when we get back. Too many young people in and out the house playing with him and giving him treats when we are gone.

So , if we do not get a card, does this make it a legitimate wat to lie about our age? After all, according to the NY Times, if a tree falls in the woods and they do not report it, it never happened!

This is for Oceania Club members and was a new program beginning in September. I would imagine birthdates are taken from prior guest information forms.

I'm thinking the minimum # of cruises comes in there though. I just had a birthday at the end of Sept and no card or credit, wife's is the end of this month, no card or credit. We have only taken one O cruise but have one booked in May.

On the other hand I did get an email this morning from our TA that we are getting half of a flight credit as a bonus for our upcoming trip because we are only using the outgoing portion of the O included air. That is a $1200 bonus. She said they didn't do this in the past. I'll take that.

I'm in Denver. Newest grandbaby born on Saturday. My son-in-law said this morning that Oct 5th was the most common birthday. Don't know why or if this is true. That said, nothing common about you two, but apparently you are in lots of good company.

On topic, I think I have received birthday cards. It would be great to receive OBC in January if I can wait until September to use it.

Marilyn

Anybirthday.com says Oct 5th, a Harvard study says Sept 16th, take your pick.

I'm thinking the minimum # of cruises comes in there though. I just had a birthday at the end of Sept and no card or credit, wife's is the end of this month, no card or credit. We have only taken one O cruise but have one booked in May.

On the other hand I did get an email this morning from our TA that we are getting half of a flight credit as a bonus for our upcoming trip because we are only using the outgoing portion of the O included air. That is a $1200 bonus. She said they didn't do this in the past. I'll take that.

The card comes to those Bronze O club members and above (5 cruises)

The card comes to those Bronze O club members and above (5 cruises)

Yes, I saw that, I was replying to the poster that said it's for Oceania club members, which it is but starts at the bronze level. I was trying to make the point that it takes more than just being a member. Sorry I wasn't clear.

Yorkiemomjn, I see you sailed the Baltic this year Copenhagen to Stockholm. I was looking for the thread for that cruise and can't find any. Looking for info on shore excursions etc. Any hints? I'm booked on the reverse itinerary for next August, and just started a thread "Baltic Treasures 8-21-12 Marina" if you want to respond there.

Thanks,

Donna

Well, we were overlooked too and my birthday is in October. (DH's is in February, so that's understandable.)

They can't catch us all, though ... not at the outset. Or at least I wouldn't think so.

Well, we were overlooked too and my birthday is in October. (DH's is in February, so that's understandable.)

They can't catch us all, though ... not at the outset. Or at least I wouldn't think so.

Hey Mura......of course....I forgot about your birth date in October......short memory!

Archived