Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

I really like the dresses & I noticed the prices are great! I'll have to check them out...I love the hi/lo blue dress!

I know! I was really worried about the quality of them because they were so inexpensive. But I figured I could return them if I really didn't like them. The purple one is absolutely beautiful on. It doesn't look cheaply made at all. I have read a lot about the company that makes them and they have great reviews. I just need to lose a few more lbs and it will look even better.

Just started reading this thread and oh my goodness - all this talk about southern California got me looking at where you and Fyree live. I think I'm very close to you both. Add me to the list of cruising gals 'living in the middle of nowhere in the desert and miles away from civilization.' :D

Okay, what part of non-civilization do you call home?

I ordered these 2 dresses. The purple is actually floor length as I am only 5'2!

The blue one is a little less formal, but with the right hair and accessories I have made it look much more formal ready.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0073AA5L4/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GM41GW4/ref=oh_details_o00_s01_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Very nice! Great prices.

Hugs

Kim & Larry

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Ladies I'm looking for some type of a wrap to wear in the evening while cruising. I have a couple of shaw's but I'm not really a shaw type of person. I'm always cold so I end up changing clothes rather than staying dressed up for the evening. Would love to hear what other flood blooded ladies choose to do.

I just ordered a new dress . Hopefully it will arrive in time for our cruise in Feb.

ImageUploadedByForums1389564063.175568.jpg.4481d7f32106ba5b75fd7293cc6cdd3a.jpg

I think I'm addicted to dresses!!!

Hugs

Kim & Larry

Edited by indygolfer1

Hi Kim, Love that dress you ordered, if you get it in time, make sure you post a pic. As far as cover ups, I have 2 cute jackets, black & white, that I found at Steinmart and they look like fur, but are not, so I take both of them to wear with almost everything. They kind of look like "shrugs", and only come to my waist, so they work really well. Maybe you could find something like that. Hope this helps. :)

Ladies I'm looking for some type of a wrap to wear in the evening while cruising. I have a couple of shaw's but I'm not really a shaw type of person. I'm always cold so I end up changing clothes rather than staying dressed up for the evening. Would love to hear what other flood blooded ladies choose to do.

I just ordered a new dress . Hopefully it will arrive in time for our cruise in Feb.

[ATTACH]298588[/ATTACH]

I think I'm addicted to dresses!!!

Hugs

Kim & Larry

Very pretty dress...it should make your waist look sculpted. :) I also find pashminas and sweaters to look too conservative or matronly for me. I usually wear a fitted 3/4 sleeve plain black shrug, but I got it a few years ago at Express. Maybe they would still have something you would like since they are a youthful and trendy store.

Okay, what part of non-civilization do you call home?

'Non-civilization' about sums it up. Thanks to the Air Force, I'm somewhere between Mojave and Boron. I drive by your neck of the woods on occasion when we go visit some family in Fontana. Small world. :) On the upside, I do like being able to drive to Long Beach!

'Non-civilization' about sums it up. Thanks to the Air Force, I'm somewhere between Mojave and Boron. I drive by your neck of the woods on occasion when we go visit some family in Fontana. Small world. :) On the upside, I do like being able to drive to Long Beach!

You drive right by my office - right off the 15 at Palmdale Road.

Very pretty dress...it should make your waist look sculpted. :) I also find pashminas and sweaters to look too conservative or matronly for me. I usually wear a fitted 3/4 sleeve plain black shrug, but I got it a few years ago at Express. Maybe they would still have something you would like since they are a youthful and trendy store.

Something like this....

http://www.amazon.com/Cropped-Fitted-Sleeve-Womens-Sweater/dp/B00GWV6QZ4/ref=sr_1_1?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1389597557&sr=1-1&keywords=black+fitted+shrug

This style works well because it only covers your shoulders and arms and doesn't change the style of your dress. The neck and front are totally open to show off your dress style. I don't know what the fabric is like in this particular example though. Mine is a soft acrylic knit. I've also seen this same style in black lace which would look really pretty but would change the style of any dress.

Today I am wearing this for embarkation. It's a Vince Camuto silk maxi. The purse is one of the two macrame purses I bought at a church rummage sale for 50 cents and dyed them.

EmbarkationOutfit_zps5f614317.jpg

Lisa

Wow! You look wonderful. What a great idea to dye a purse. It gives the dress a nice pop of color.

Today I am wearing this for embarkation. It's a Vince Camuto silk maxi. The purse is one of the two macrame purses I bought at a church rummage sale for 50 cents and dyed them.

Lisa

Love the dress on you and the pop of color in the purse!

What a great dress! Love Vince Camuto..I have tops but no dresses...yet:) How creative to dye the bag! Love it..Have a great time!

Michelle

Lisa

Hi lovely ladies. I have returned to this thread after a few months away and spent the last three evenings catching up. What gorgeous clothes you are posting, can't wait to start searching for my next cruise. Had booked a RCI from Southampton to Venice etc in June but somehow (in the post Christmas depressive state) appear to have booked another cruise to the Norwegian Fjords in May! This obviously means must buy new dresses. Being on the fluffy side (great description I first saw on here) and short so not always easy. I will be seeking advice over the next few weeks. Keep posting pics of your beautiful clothes. x

Lisa

----

What a wonderful dress and great purse !! Have fun on your cruise !!:)

Cal City, perhaps? I'm in Ridgecrest.

Ding ding! We have a winner. :) We're so far from civilization that when we go to a movie, we see 2 in one day just to make it worth it. :D

Lisa

I LOVE this dress! It looks fantastic on you.