Just back

lissyc1

Hi all, arrived back off the grand yesterday and had the most amazing time :DI was little worried about Noro as it was on the ship prior to our sailing but no signs of it during our two weeks and the hygiene and clenliness of the ship definatly attributed to this.

Only small grumble was one particular member of staff who was rude and very discriminatory towards my mother one morning. :mad:I wish to follow this up with princess as this staff member was part of the cruise directors crew and is clearly not up to the job or needs a holiday however i do not know who to contact at princess would it be customer services and am i better referencing my booking ref so they can obtain our details of the cruise? This in no means ruined our cruise we had a fabulous time but i think it is important to highlight my concerns over his manner.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Melissa

p.s I can recomend B744 as a balcony with benefits (in my opinion):D

Hello. Do you have any pictures of the Grand? We were on it in 2009 and watched the refurb on-line. Would love to see pictures.

Did you go into "Leaves" the Tea place? How much does it cost? Did the lobby smell like pizza - since there is a pizza place right there. How was the "traffic" in the Atrium, I saw on the refurb that there is only 1 staircase now.

Is B744 towards the back with a wrap around balcony? I believe the Emerald deck has one of those. Friends of ours gets that cabin almost every time (if it's available).

Where did you visit on your 2 week cruise?

Hi all, arrived back off the grand yesterday and had the most amazing time :DI was little worried about Noro as it was on the ship prior to our sailing but no signs of it during our two weeks and the hygiene and clenliness of the ship definatly attributed to this.

Only small grumble was one particular member of staff who was rude and very discriminatory towards my mother one morning. :mad:I wish to follow this up with princess as this staff member was part of the cruise directors crew and is clearly not up to the job or needs a holiday however i do not know who to contact at princess would it be customer services and am i better referencing my booking ref so they can obtain our details of the cruise? This in no means ruined our cruise we had a fabulous time but i think it is important to highlight my concerns over his manner.

Melissa

I am really sorry to go off topic here but I have a quick question for you.

Me and my girlfriend are booked on the Emerald for next year on our first ever cruise and specifically wanted a balcony cabin on the aft of the ship so got B757 which I believe is very close to where you stayed on the grand. Why was this room so good?

Do you have any pictures at all that you would be willing to share? :D

Hi both thanks for the reply in answer to your questions I will try and find some pics and upload when i have got a bit more organised. I didnt use leaves as i dislike tea however it was quite busy so they must be doing something right! The atrium is stunning was never overcrowded and the one staircase didnt sem to cause any congestion problems and we sailed full. Alfredos pizza place didnt smell at all of pizza i never about this at the time but it is odd that it doesnt they do do fabulous pizza though and we certainly used this on a few occassions at lunch time.

Now the room/balcony there are two of these one on each side at the rear of the ship on BAJA deck. They are not wrap around and do not have an aft view however they are larger than stadard balconys as they are a sort of hexagony shape and stick out at an angle rather than being straight across like the others (if you find large pic of the grand and zoom in at the rear of the ship they donot look like bbalconies but like square windows ) they are completed covered and very secluded not overlooked at all!!! Ours we found to be shady in the morning and a sun trap in the afternoon but because they go so far back you are able to sit in a shaded bit if you need. I understand that this will not be some peoples preference as their is no aft veiw however we thoroughly enjoyed its seclusion and lack of others being able to nosey lol. I would say they would be really good in a cold area as when we had one torrential downpour we sat out on our dry balcony and watched later finding out that lots of balcony rooms flooded on baja and caribe and emerald and alot of carpets were pulled up and changed. I personally loved it and would book again in a heart beat.

Melissa

Alfredos pizza place didnt smell at all of pizza i never about this at the time but it is odd that it doesnt they do do fabulous pizza though and we certainly used this on a few occassions at lunch time. Was the pizza free or did you have to pay for it?

we had one torrential downpour we sat out on our dry balcony and watched later finding out that lots of balcony rooms flooded on baja and caribe and emerald and alot of carpets were pulled up and changed. I personally loved it and would book again in a heart beat. Were just the balconies flooded or did the cabins themselves get flooded too?

We will be on the Emerald for a TA in April 2012. We have a Baja balcony cabin.

Did you go into "Leaves" the Tea place? How much does it cost?

LEAVES

Tea Flights - $3.00. You can experience 3 different varieties of tea in a combination flight.

Tea Cocktails - $6.95. Cold drinks with booze. Four different choices; one with gin, one with vodka, another with scotch and one with rum.

Lots and lots of other teas, i.e. organic, black, jasmine, chocolate, mint, etc. Each priced at $2.75.

We had trouble with one of the entertainment staff on a cruise with RCI and the quickest way to stop it as to speak to her CD who dealt with it and arranhed some re-training you could have done that or now write to Princess direct about it.

Does Alfredos cost money?? Seems kinda redundant to have the free pizza 24 hours and then a whole other place completely dedicated to pizza again. So you would think it would be free but something tells me its not.

Alfredo's is free. You can't get pizza by the slice; whole pies only. What is extra are your drinks, but you do not have to make any purchase in order to have your food. Very nice little table service only restaurant.

Alfredo's is free. You can't get pizza by the slice; whole pies only. What is extra are your drinks, but you do not have to make any purchase in order to have your food. Very nice little table service only restaurant.
If you have a Coke Card - can you use it in Alfredo's? I heard if you have a Coffee Card you can NOT use it in Leaves.

If you have a Coke Card - can you use it in Alfredo's? I heard if you have a Coffee Card you can NOT use it in Leaves.

I suppose you can use your coke card, though not certain. No, you cannot use your coffee card in Leaves.

Yes a menu would be awesome. Do they only have pizza or do they have some salads too?? Pretty excited about this!!

No salads. Nothing else but pizza. Here's the menu:

Capricciosa - artichokes, mshrooms and prosciutto cotto

Romana - anchovies, capers and black olives

Tarantina - mussels, shrimp and capers

Grand Princess - cheeses and ham

Vegetariana - the entire garden. ;)

Melissa

It would have been in your best interests if you had this issue dealt with while onboard. Most (and I say most) CDs are highly visible especially on itineraries with more sea days.

Your CD could have taken immediate action to address your concerns regarding the member of his/her staff. Now it is well past, and doubtful if Santa Clarita can do anything for you this far after your disembarkation, although an apology would be appropriate.

If you don't mind me asking, what was it that was so offensive?

Ciao for now!!!

I liked the idea of the sit down pizzeria, until I saw those offerings. I was hoping it would be more like a regular pizzeria where you could make your own pizza. I guess I will stick to the pizza on Lido.

I'm sure they could take away an item and substitute it for another. That would almost be like making your own. I for one love it. That's probably because I was very happy with just cheese and ham. We also had the capricciosa which was outstanding.

I'm sure the pizzas are very tasty. Unfortunately, as someone who does not care for seafood or veggies (that's a story for another day), I'd be sticking to just the ham and cheese. Probably easier to just head upstairs for a slice of pepperoni.

I'm sure the pizzas are very tasty. Unfortunately, as someone who does not care for seafood or veggies (that's a story for another day), I'd be sticking to just the ham and cheese. Probably easier to just head upstairs for a slice of pepperoni.

LOL. And I hate pepperoni. :D

Archived