How can I check my OBCs?

I read the thread about people having trouble with their VISA credits transferring to RC... their points were deducted but their OBCs weren't on their bookings. This made me very nervous.

I called Crown and Anchor, and they checked on my credits. I wanted to know all my credits.

They said they could "see" my $350 credits from BOA.

They said they could "see" my $150 next cruise credit.

She did not mention my $125 savings certificate, nor my $150 obc from my travel agent. I forgot about the savings cert at the time of my call, but I did ask about the travel agent credit. She said she could not "see" that -- I'd have to check with my TA.

Is there some way I can see all my credits in one place? I would hate to try to resolve this on the ship if it becomes an issue.

I read the thread about people having trouble with their VISA credits transferring to RC... their points were deducted but their OBCs weren't on their bookings. This made me very nervous.

I called Crown and Anchor, and they checked on my credits. I wanted to know all my credits.

They said they could "see" my $350 credits from BOA.

They said they could "see" my $150 next cruise credit.

She did not mention my $125 savings certificate, nor my $150 obc from my travel agent. I forgot about the savings cert at the time of my call, but I did ask about the travel agent credit. She said she could not "see" that -- I'd have to check with my TA.

Is there some way I can see all my credits in one place? I would hate to try to resolve this on the ship if it becomes an issue.

Have your TA request an RCI invoice. Everything should be listed.

Have your TA request an RCI invoice. Everything should be listed.

Usually the TA credit is not listed on Royal's invoice, but the Royal credits (OBC and savings cert) and the B of A OBC should be listed.

Our credit for onboard booking (not sure if NextCruise would be the same) is on the booking invoice as AD12 ONBRDCR $100

Our B of A credit is listed as CO102-L1 OBC $100 on the invoice

I was told that the OBC from RCL gift certificates will not show up on the invoice

Our credit for onboard booking (not sure if NextCruise would be the same) is on the booking invoice as AD12 ONBRDCR $100

I booked NextCruise and the OBC shows up as AD16-$100 ONBRDCR on my booking invoice if that helps any.

What is the booking invoice? Ok, maybe that's a dumb question... but I'm assuming you mean the receipt you received when you booked the cruise, correct?

I only had the $150 credit from the TA when I booked. My booking was combined to get my "next cruise" credit (and my booking number changed... which makes me nervous). Then the "savings certificate" was added when that became available. Then the BOA credits.

I would love to see something all typed out. I guess I will approach my TA as one poster recommended. They have not been terribly helpful in the past.

What is the booking invoice? Ok, maybe that's a dumb question... but I'm assuming you mean the receipt you received when you booked the cruise, correct?

I only had the $150 credit from the TA when I booked. My booking was combined to get my "next cruise" credit (and my booking number changed... which makes me nervous). Then the "savings certificate" was added when that became available. Then the BOA credits.

I would love to see something all typed out. I guess I will approach my TA as one poster recommended. They have not been terribly helpful in the past.

The booking invoice people are mentioning here is from Royal, not the travel agent. You would have to ask the travel agent to provide you with Royal's "Booking Confirmation - Guest Copy". This should show all the credits you mentioned, except for the travel agent's credit.

Onboard Credits generally don't show until you are ONBOARD the ship. If you have receipts for those pending credits, bring them with you, just in case!

When you redeem RCCL gift certificates for onboard credit, you do not get a receipt per se. You get something that says "Thank you for reddeming this gift certificate", and that's all. Nothing about the amount or certificate number. About a week after I redeem these, I call RCCL and ask for verification via e-mail that the gift certificates have been applied to my sailing. The last time I did this, I had to go through my TA, which I have never had to do before. I just like to have something in writing showing the onboard credit, just in case!

Mary Anne

I booked during the recent WOW sale and was told that my OBC would not appear for about 4 weeks. Today I called about the "Refer a Friend" promotion (was told to do this on website under "My Cruises", but there were problems so I called the C & A dept.) and was told that it would be a week before this OBC would be applied. I asked if the OBC would show on "My Cruises" and was told it would not. What document will I receive (and when) that shows the total OBC? I did not book through TA, preferred to do it myself.

I booked during the recent WOW sale and was told that my OBC would not appear for about 4 weeks. Today I called about the "Refer a Friend" promotion (was told to do this on website under "My Cruises", but there were problems so I called the C & A dept.) and was told that it would be a week before this OBC would be applied. I asked if the OBC would show on "My Cruises" and was told it would not. What document will I receive (and when) that shows the total OBC? I did not book through TA, preferred to do it myself.

Call Royal and ask them to email you a copy of your booking confirmation. As you were told, the OBC might not show immediately. You can ask for the booking confirmation now, and then again in a few weeks. This way you can compare the two and see where the OBC was added.

What about a Members Savings Certificate? My cruise was listed in the C&A Savings Certificates and I followed the directions and sent RCI an email with the coupon code, ship, sail date, reservation number, etc. How do I know this has been applied to my reservation? I need some sort of invoice or receipt. With a coupon that expires in December, I wouldnt want to get onto the ship in April, long after it has expired, and find out it was never applied. Will I get an email of some sort? :confused:

What about a Members Savings Certificate? My cruise was listed in the C&A Savings Certificates and I followed the directions and sent RCI an email with the coupon code, ship, sail date, reservation number, etc. How do I know this has been applied to my reservation? I need some sort of invoice or receipt. With a coupon that expires in December, I wouldnt want to get onto the ship in April, long after it has expired, and find out it was never applied. Will I get an email of some sort? :confused:

Request a copy of your booking invoice and it should show up on there. Ours shows up as HAYK SAVINGS $75

I see:

C105-L1 OBC $175

AD-17 $150 OBRDCR

HAY-M Savings -$125

Is the savings certificate supposed to be an OBC, or was that supposed to come off my bill (it came off my bill). I believe the "HAY-M" code was my savings certificate. The total is correct.

The BOA credit should be the $175 credit, but there should be two of them. Am I correct that the same code should be listed there twice?

Is AD-17 my next cruise credit?

Thanks in advance for your help. It sounds to me like it's a good time I am doing this now... there is at least a discrepancy for the BOA credit, it seems.

Archived