Dear RCI, please bring a ship ___________ .

I too would love to cruise the Great Lakes. To satisfy the foreign port they could call on a Canada side. I doubt it would be a money maker if they would do it yearly, but they could do it every 5 years or so. That would drive the interest in it and keep it profitable for the cruise line.

Dear RCCL:

It's me...Philadelphia! Please come back to me!

In addition to my millions of residents, I am an any easy drive from the major metropolitan areas of New York, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and Washington, DC.

I have history...After all, America started here! My treasures include the Liberty Bell, Constitution Center, Betsy Ross House, Independence Hall, "Rocky Steps" of the Art Museum, and much more. Besides, who wouldn't want to cruise on the same body of water (Delaware River) upon which George Washington once "cruised"?

I really miss the Empress, and would wholeheartedly welcome any one of your ships...

With brotherly love for all of the sisters in your fleet,

Philadelphia

P.S.U. Pretty please? (I'll buy you a cheesesteak "wit wiz"!!!) :p

Dear RCI,

I humbly request you move a ship and have it depart from Detroit, MI. You could offer 7 night itineraries sailing through the Great Lakes and make all of your loyal customers in this area very happy.

Getting a ship here shouldn't be hard, just sail up the east coast and when you get to the St. Lawrence River, turn left.

That would be a great idea especially since Detroit just opened its new port terminal.

A 40 minute drive sure beats my current 12 hr. drives to New York or 24 to Miami or $2000 in airfare.

Dear RCI;

Please bring a ship to Norfolk, Va. to our beautiful new port! Any size ship will do. No bridges to worry about fitting under like Baltimore.

Please, please, please!

I SECOND THIS MOTION! Please bring a new and better ship to Norfolk, we are willing to drive 3 plus hours to board!!!

Year round out of Bar Harbor Maine.

Just the sight of all those passengers along with their luggage tendering to and from the ship as they embark and disembark in Bar Harbor, would certainly be something to see. Not to mention doing it during the height of the Maine winter season.:D

put liberty of the seas in BARBADOS so that I can spend a week there first then get on a cruise of a lifetime to islands less visited like st vincent, grenada, margaritta island, st barts, and the other cayman island if its possible :D plus include free drinks on the at sea day and the best ever deck party ......

I too would love to cruise the Great Lakes. To satisfy the foreign port they could call on a Canada side. I doubt it would be a money maker if they would do it yearly, but they could do it every 5 years or so. That would drive the interest in it and keep it profitable for the cruise line.

The only problem with all of this is the ships are to big to get into the great lakes. You would need a ship the size of the old Pacific Princess or the original RCCL ships to get into the Great Lakes. This is probably one big reason that no cruises are done on the Great Lakes

I would settle for a more interesting itinerary out of FL. I am tired of the East/West Caribbean...same tired 3 or 4 islands....C'mon Royal....mix in a few new places! I have to fly to SanJuan to get some variety, and that can be very costly!

While the Jewel is sailing from Harwich I would love RC to mix up the Itineraries with a few round the UK cruises, round Scotland, a couple of Ireland stops and maybe even across to Le Harve in France on the way round England.

There is a company offering Great Lake cruises, (which I would love as well), however the prices are not for the faint of heart:eek::eek:!

I don't know about those prices, but we took the Lake Express ferry across Lake Michigan. It was a 2 and a half hour boat ride across the lake and it was just over $400.00 for the two of us and our car. Its a great way to get to Michigan. The lake can get rough at times and the trip across the lake has been canceled because of this.

Jan

Funny you should mention that Jan, several years ago we did LMC's Badger across the Lake to Ludington! Was a wonderful crossing even though it was a bit rainy. While it wasn't the "Whatever of the Seas" I really enjoyed it:).

Funny you should mention that Jan, several years ago we did LMC's Badger across the Lake to Ludington! Was a wonderful crossing even though it was a bit rainy. While it wasn't the "Whatever of the Seas" I really enjoyed it:).

Believe it or not they are still doing the Badger out of Manitowoc. Its bigger than the Lake Express. Its almost as much as the Lake Express.

By the way there is a lot to see and do in that little port town.

Jan

Yeah, that's the problem with ships, they only work on water (or under... if a sub-marine). Here's an idea, next time a ship goes into drydock why don't they add wheels? That way the ship can just drive around the country picking up passengers along the way on the way to the port. That way, our cousins in Saskatchewan Canada can just walk to the end of the village road, hop over the border and wave the ship down.

Dear RCI;

Please bring a ship to Norfolk, Va. to our beautiful new port! Any size ship will do. No bridges to worry about fitting under like Baltimore.

Please, please, please!

I second that!!! Great new cruise terminal, good opportunities for shore excursions, almost immediate access to the ocean (vs. 8 hours in the Chesapeake Bay from Baltimore). AND... They did it in the past!

While the Jewel is sailing from Harwich I would love RC to mix up the Itineraries with a few round the UK cruises, round Scotland, a couple of Ireland stops and maybe even across to Le Harve in France on the way round England.

You may have to go to Oslo and sail on Vision of the Seas which visits Ireland, England, Scotland and France or consider the Jewel 16 night transatlantic cruise next year which goes to Le Havre, Portland Dorset, UK, Cork and Dublin, Ireland, the Faroe Islands, Reykjavik, Iceland and St. John's, Newfoundland enroute to Boston. I'd like to see the kind of itinerary you suggest as well and perhaps RCI will consider doing something like that in the future. I'd like to see Adam Goldstein's blog discuss all of the various factors that have to be considered when that creating new itineraries. I suspect that it is much more involved than simply deciding to include a new port and then announcing it.:)

Archived