Dear RCI, please bring a ship ___________ .

Dear RCI,

I humbly request you move a ship and have it depart from Detroit, MI. You could offer 7 night itineraries sailing through the Great Lakes and make all of your loyal customers in this area very happy.

Getting a ship here shouldn't be hard, just sail up the east coast and when you get to the St. Lawrence River, turn left.

Sign me up. I'd love to be able to cruise the Great Lakes. There would be plenty of places to set up excursions.:)

Please, please, PLEASE bring a ship back to Galveston year round. Can we also have the Key West, Grand Cayman, Cozumel itinerary back? I loved stopping at Key West in the evening and watching the sunset at Mallory Square!

We cruised out of Philly twice - both times on the NCL Majesty to Bermuda It was such an easy port to depart from and get to. Also sailed on the Majesty from Charleston to western Caribbean and once again found the port so easy to get to and to use. About 5 years ago,cruised on the Maasdam from Norfolk and found it a great little port, although it took a long time to get into the actual ocean. I think some of these smaller ports could be brought back on line, and the smaller, less techno ships could be filled with those of us who do not really need or appreciate all the bells and whistles of the mega ships.

Nikki

My dream Royal Caribbean fleet deployment:

For the summer months: A return to summer cruises in Galveston, San Juan, and a return to Los Angeles!

For the winter months: Deploy a ship to Savannah (Or somewhere else along the east coast) and Mobile; Add short cruises from Galveston (& Sydney).

Please return to Manhattan! The west side is a great port and much more convenient than Bayonne to New York City and Long Island residents, who number in the multi millions!

Not going to happen. Manhattan port charges are insane, much higher then NJ. And the congestion was absurd in the West 50's on weekends and that was with the smaller ships in service then, mostly to Bermuda.

Can you see it now with the QM2, Explorer, CB, etc. 10,000 people all getting out of cabs at the same time or trying to get to the pier parking lots. Long live Bayonne and Red Hook and leave Manhattan to Carnival and NCL.

WOW, all these requests for the great lakes. That was going to be my request. I didn't realize I'd have so much backing. I'm thinking they could run an eastbound/westbound itinerary similar to the northbound/southbound itineraries they do in Alaska. They could go from the Thousand Island area at the start of the St. Lawrence river in the east to Duluth in the west. Ports of call could be Niagara Falls, Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland, Sault Saint Marie, Green Bay. Lots of options. Even if they only did it April - October it would be a great cruise.

WOW, all these requests for the great lakes. That was going to be my request. I didn't realize I'd have so much backing. I'm thinking they could run an eastbound/westbound itinerary similar to the northbound/southbound itineraries they do in Alaska. They could go from the Thousand Island area at the start of the St. Lawrence river in the east to Duluth in the west. Ports of call could be Niagara Falls, Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland, Sault Saint Marie, Green Bay. Lots of options. Even if they only did it April - October it would be a great cruise.

Biggest problem with your proposed itinerary would be the Passenger Services Act that would probably not allow foreign flagged vessels to offer such an offering any more than they would permit:) a cruise that only stopped at ports along the East or West Coast of the US. I believe that there are (or were) some small American flagged ships that offer(ed) similar itineraries.

Biggest problem with your proposed itinerary would be the Passenger Services Act that would probably not allow foreign flagged vessels to offer such an offering any more than they would permit:) a cruise that only stopped at ports along the East or West Coast of the US. I believe that there are (or were) some small American flagged ships that offer(ed) similar itineraries.

Don't know if there are port facilities but Sault Saint Marie and Niagra Falls could be Canadian stops if that would work.

Ummmm, Canada? How hard is it to stop on the Canadian side at some of these places (like Windsor instead of Detroit, Toronto, or the Canadian side near Niagra as you can't get that close anyway)

If they did a closed-loop cruise, a Great Lakes cruise could work if they put in a Canadian port, similar to the stops in Vancouver/Victoria for Alaska cruises that round-trip from Seattle.

If they started or ended in a Canadian port, they could do a one-way cruise, like the Vancouver to Seward Alaska cruises.

I'm not sure that I would be interested in a Great Lakes cruise, but it is an interesting concept.

Wow. I didn't expect to see all the other requests for the Great Lakes. I'll put in my request for departures from Toronto - to the Caribbean or maybe Europe. :D

My second choice would be Boston - if RCCL must remain on the Atlantic :rolleyes: It's much easier to get to than NYC or NJ.

Dear RCI;

Please bring a ship to Norfolk, Va. to our beautiful new port! Any size ship will do. No bridges to worry about fitting under like Baltimore.

Please, please, please!

I second that!! If not RCCL, Celebrity will do much better.

Thanks

Bob

Being really from the middle of America I would like to offer Kansas City as a port. Just think, float down the Missouri to St. Louis where we could pick up the Mississippi, past Memphis down to New Olreans and then on to Key West. They could even have a BBQ specialty place to eat.

Please? ;)

Don't forget Isle Royale NP and Apostle Islands on Lake Superior. The list could go on.:)

Being really from the middle of America I would like to offer Kansas City as a port. Just think, float down the Missouri to St. Louis where we could pick up the Mississippi, past Memphis down to New Olreans and then on to Key West. They could even have a BBQ specialty place to eat.

Please? ;)

Lets not stop there. Dredge the Platte river all the way to Denver.(lol) Seriously though, I think expanding a river cruise to KC would be great. A BBQ cruise.:p

Archived