Dear RCI, please bring a ship ___________ .

With the requests from our friends on the west coast who wish to see an RCI ship back there again, I thought it only fair to have a chance to put my own request in to RCI for a ship close to me.

Then I thought, why stop there? I'm sure there are many of us who wish we had a port of departure within a few hours drive so we wouldn't have to fly to get on a cruise.

So, with that in mind, I give you this topic to plead your case to RCI for a ship to be home-ported near you.

As this is all in fun, the requirements for filling the ship or RCI making money will not need to be considered.

As our friends on the west coast have pointed out, the need for RCI to make money is not a priority. All you need in order to contribute here and ask RCI for a ship is a body of water big enough and the threat of changing cruise lines if your request is ignored.

Let's not let our friends on the west coast have all the fun!

Let RCI know where you think they should reposition a ship.

:)

Dear RCI,

I humbly request you move a ship and have it depart from Detroit, MI. You could offer 7 night itineraries sailing through the Great Lakes and make all of your loyal customers in this area very happy.

Getting a ship here shouldn't be hard, just sail up the east coast and when you get to the St. Lawrence River, turn left.

Dear RCI,

I humbly request you move a ship and have it depart from Detroit, MI. You could offer 7 night itineraries sailing through the Great Lakes and make all of your loyal customers in this area very happy.

Getting a ship here shouldn't be hard, just sail up the east coast and when you get to the St. Lawrence River, turn left.

This was exactly my thought when RCI was getting rid of the Empress. That would have been awesome to cruise the Great Lakes. Of coarse it would not work in winter to well.

Jan

Can I request a new route? Please RCI, start doing routes from Florida to Bermuda. I don't care if they're 7-day, 9-day, or whatever day. I just don't want to travel to NYC or B'more any more:D. J'ville is acceptable, but would prefer PC

Dear RCI,

I will second that....but maybe Chicago instead???? I won't be picky though-a drive up to Detroit is much better than flying anywhere!!! :)

dont really care where from ( miami is fine by me ) but cant we just take over a whole ship and turn it into one giant party!!!

im thinking it wud be great if I could get a concert on deck, thinking usher, nicky minaj , black eyed peas.... am I getting carried away here or does anyone else think this wud be freekin' awesome!!! :D

dont really care where from ( miami is fine by me ) but cant we just take over a whole ship and turn it into one giant party!!!

im thinking it wud be great if I could get a concert on deck, thinking usher, nicky minaj , black eyed peas.... am I getting carried away here or does anyone else think this wud be freekin' awesome!!! :D

At least one of the major cruiselines does this type of themed cruise every year. RCI did a special cruise w/in the past two years where Dave Mathews band was the headliner.

"Dave Matthews is headlining the Dave Matthews & Friends Caribbean Cruise Getaway, where fans get on a cruise, hear music from the likes of Bob Weir, Toots and the Maytals and the North Mississippi Allstars, and land on a private island in the Bahamas, where Matthews will perform with arious artists."

MSC is running one in a few weeks out of FLL called "shiprocked"

"ShipRocked is the ultimate rock and roll cruise vacation! Join BUCKCHERRY, QUEENSRYCHE, HINDER, HELLYEAH, SEVENDUST, SICK PUPPIES, CANDLEBOX, FILTER, LIVING COLOUR, IN THIS MOMENT, LYNAM, BROKEN TEETH, RIVAL SONS, and more, this November as we hit the high seas to the exotic Mayan Riviera!

Our third annual voyage sails from Fort Lauderdale, FL, November 14-19, 2011, onboard the luxurious MSC Poesia, and will make stops in the beautiful ports of Costa Maya and Cozumel in Mexico. Throughout the cruise, you'll be treated to non-stop music, insane parties, theme nights, and a number of artist hosted events which will keep you, your friends and the boat rocking hard all week long!"

Can I request a new route? Please RCI, start doing routes from Florida to Bermuda. I don't care if they're 7-day, 9-day, or whatever day. I just don't want to travel to NYC or B'more any more:D. J'ville is acceptable, but would prefer PC

Didn't they offer that several years ago? My impression is that either RCI or one of the other mainstream lines had such an itinerary but apparently there weren't enough of "you" to make it worth their while. If there was sufficient demand and the cost wasn't prohibitive I am sure they would give your suggestion serious consideration, but both elements need to be present.

At least one of the major cruiselines does this type of themed cruise every year. RCI did a special cruise w/in the past two years where Dave Mathews band was the headliner.

"Dave Matthews is headlining the Dave Matthews & Friends Caribbean Cruise Getaway, where fans get on a cruise, hear music from the likes of Bob Weir, Toots and the Maytals and the North Mississippi Allstars, and land on a private island in the Bahamas, where Matthews will perform with various artists."

great! but we need more. I dont know who Dave Mathews is :o

they also have a 'groove cruise' usually in jan to bahamas , lots of house DJ's playing and parties in nassau and the private islands. Love to see more hiphop as well as house/ dance and then Id go on one.

I dont want any cruises out of England though.

More cruises to the southern caribbean that leave florida would be good.

great! but we need more. I dont know who Dave Mathews is :o

they also have a 'groove cruise' usually in jan to bahamas , lots of house DJ's playing and parties in nassau and the private islands. Love to see more hiphop as well as house/ dance and then Id go on one.

I dont want any cruises out of England though.

More cruises to the southern caribbean that leave florida would be good.

google "theme cruise finder" and you have your pick of cruiselines, genres and itineraries - all within the next 12 months.:)

I will second that....but maybe Chicago instead???? I won't be picky though-a drive up to Detroit is much better than flying anywhere!!! :)

Milwaukee has the Lake Express to cross the Lake. We did that this summer and its a great way to get to Michigan.

Jan

Okay, here's a radical thought. How about bringing a ship to Portland? They don't call it "Port"land for nothing.

A nice cruise down (or up) the Columbia river with a stop at the oldest permanent settlement west of the rockies, Astoria, maybe a jaunt up to Victoria and Vancouver?

The West Coast is much more than just Southern California.

Please bring back Philly as a port of departure. It was very easy to get in an out of for those who like to drive to the port (or even fly since it's near the airport).

Places to add - Savannah GA. Great place to stay pre/post cruise.

Places I prefer not to return (sorry to those who gave a shout out) - Charleston SC - the locals don't have it together to handle the cruise crowds(went on the Celebry Mercury out of here) Norfolk - sorry guys, I know they built a big terminal hoping HAL would stay but they jumped the gun on building it (cruised from here when they had "tents" instead of a terminal).

Archived