ginger ale

RoRothman

Can any recent cruiser from the Coral Princess verify if they sell Ginger Ale.. in cans or from fountain.. my husband finds it is good for his stomach.. and that is the only soda he drinks.. is it part of the soda card? adn what does the card cost these days?

we are booked for Nov 22.. so need to know by then.. if we need ot bring oiur own..

Can any recent cruiser from the Coral Princess verify if they sell Ginger Ale.. in cans or from fountain.. my husband finds it is good for his stomach.. and that is the only soda he drinks.. is it part of the soda card? adn what does the card cost these days?

we are booked for Nov 22.. so need to know by then.. if we need ot bring oiur own..

Cans definitely, not sure if available from the fountain or part of the soda card. For soda sticker prices: http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/cellars_culinarydelights/princess_cellars/index.jsp

I can't speak to Ginger Ale on the ship, but I carry two other ginger products with me. You might consider trying Altoids ( ginger flavor ) and Ginger people ginger chews. ( found at a health store ). Both help settle my stomach.

Sali

Okay, another soda-related question. Does anyone know if Diet Sprite (not regular, diet) is available as a fountain drink and therefore via the soda card? Thanks.

No. The only fountain drinks are those that come out of the soda gun at the bar (so it's not a "soda fountain" per se): Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, club soda, tonic water, and ginger ale.

The availability of ginger ale in fountain guns varies. I could not find it on some ships, but I could on others. Often the pool deck bars do not have it in their guns, but the inside bars do. I now check the availability before considering purchasing the soda sticker. It is always available in cans at all bars.

This is good news as they do not carry it on the Australian based ships Are we talking about what we would call ginger beer not the additive to a spirit drink? (Canadian dry sort of thin g)

No, I'm talking about the soda mixer (Canadian Dry, exactly, or my personal fave from childhood, Rock Creek Dry (why do ginger ale brands always seem to have geographical names?)).

Ginger beer is a whole different kettle of fish . . . drunk fish, probably. Heh, heh.

No, I'm talking about the soda mixer (Canadian Dry, exactly, or my personal fave from childhood, Rock Creek Dry (why do ginger ale brands always seem to have geographical names?)).

Ginger beer is a whole different kettle of fish . . . drunk fish, probably. Heh, heh.

Actually in the U.S. ginger beer in non alcoholic it is just way more gingier ( I know that's not the real word) that what we call ginger ale which is sweeter. In Europe ginger beer is actually alchoholic drink. But ginger beer is not available on Princess apparantly. Too bad since I have recently discovered the Dark and Stormy drink which needs ginger beer to be authentic.

It's a carbonated soda drink. Canada Dry is the most known brand.

We have found that the carbonated drinks from the Gun vary in quality. Our first family cruise was on the Old Pacific Princess to Bermuda. We bought the kids the cards. My Grand Son' date=' 11 (now 23 in Law School) figured out that, at the rate he drank it, it was not a bargain - AND it was not good from the fountain. They would rather have the cans.

The cans cost too much. I always bring 2 six-packs - coke and Mountain Dew (Diet).

Just buy it at a store at your Embarkation Port before U board and stuff it in your suitcase. [/color']

We have found that the carbonated drinks from the Gun vary in quality. Our first family cruise was on the Old Pacific Princess to Bermuda. We bought the kids the cards. My Grand Son, 11 (now 23 in Law School) figured out that, at the rate he drank it, it was not a bargain - AND it was not good from the fountain. They would rather have the cans.

The cans cost too much. I always bring 2 six-packs - coke and Mountain Dew (Diet).

Just buy it at a store at your Embarkation Port before U board and stuff it in your suitcase.

I often find soda in cans to have a metallic taste. Probably depends on how long ago, a specific can was packaged. Much prefer bottles -- not only does it seem to last longer, but I don't have to drink a bottle in one sitting as I would with a can.

The last few cruises we have filled a crate with soft drinks and brought onboard. But then I dislike the taste of most Coke products so this way I can bring Mountain Dew and Sierra Mist.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for all the input... we may bring some ginger ale with us.. but we have so much to lug aboard.. my husband has a feeding tube and we need to bring his cans aboard.. so it is good to know if we don't feel like carrying more stuff... he also brings yoo hoo with him.. that you'll never find on the ship!

Archived