reservation cancelled due to TA mistake

I did get an email from the TA and he was able to book rooms for us. we just don't know where we they will be yet. Right now I am just thankful he found us rooms on the same ship. : ). I was able to secure the rooms in full so we are good to go.

Thank you all for the advice. Mistakes happen and we move on. I will probably use a TA next time we cruise but I have learned a lot from this thread and this site to be more on top of things. I am not an organized or detail oriented person (why I had a TA ) but I've learned that when you have a good amount of money involved and a special event planned to stay on top of things!

Thanks again

you know your booking numbers I assume. Look them up

I did get an email from the TA and he was able to book rooms for us. we just don't know where we they will be yet. Right now I am just thankful he found us rooms on the same ship. : ). I was able to secure the rooms in full so we are good to go.

Thank you all for the advice. Mistakes happen and we move on. I will probably use a TA next time we cruise but I have learned a lot from this thread and this site to be more on top of things. I am not an organized or detail oriented person (why I had a TA ) but I've learned that when you have a good amount of money involved and a special event planned to stay on top of things!

Thanks again

Unless your TA put you in a "guarantee" and the cabins have not been assigned yet, your TA should have your cabin numbers

hi all, i need some guidance. my reservation was cancelled due a mistake by the TA. he gave me the wrong information on final payment due and RC cancelled our Christmas cruise. so he is scrambling to find us other cabins. we paid for inside cabins on the same deck but he is unable to find us anything even close together. He did find one room on the promenade area ( an upgrade) but the other room is two decks down on the other side of the ship- an inside end cabin. Should I ask him to ether upgrade us to something remotely close or just take what I can get. We have cruised before and not had the same deck and it is a pain. I am paying a lot of money to be close to my older kids but now I am not sure that is going to happen. Any seasoned cruisers out there with some advice??
I would get a new TA for starters

Thanks again

Nice attitude. The TA is only human and everyone makes mistakes. I'm glad that things worked out for you.

I use the cheapest alternative either a TA or the cruise line and I've been lucky that a mistake has never been made. I do check all documents as soon as I get them but the getting payments made on time has never applied as I typically book late in the game and full payment is required upon booking. I'm glad you shared this so that if I ever book early I will know to make sure payments are made correctly and timely.

• 3 weeks later...

Our TA's are really good friends of ours and they can't afford to pick and choose their customers in this environment. Once the airlines quit paying out like they used to, owning a Travel Agency means what you own is worth nothing. Our friends can't sell their franchise because it's not worth anything anymore.

Anyway, what amazes me is that people aren't always aware of when final payment is due. It's on your reservation, plus our agent gets notified, by me and RCI.

It's also very simple to set up a reminder/tickler on an online calendar with every reservation they do. It's sloppy to "forget" or give out wrong info to a client.

How old are the older children - presumably adult since the TA can book them into a room without an adult. If one or both are still minors they need to be sharing (at least on paper) with an adult.

Personally, I would find the 2 floors apart to be unacceptable for a family vacation. For a Christmas vacation - no way. there's got to be a cruise line somewhere with 2 rooms on the same floor.

But if the kids are adults, and you don't mind the separation and find the offered accommodations acceptable I'd still push for same floor rooms but accept a huge amount of OBC for the inconvenience and loss of the family togetherness that was a purpose of the trip.

We just booked two cabins on Mariner. They let us put 15 and 11 yo in Cabin alone as long as it was within a set distance. I was prepared to split up with adult but RC said didn't have to. Might be a change in policy

We just booked two cabins on Mariner. They let us put 15 and 11 yo in Cabin alone as long as it was within a set distance. I was prepared to split up with adult but RC said didn't have to. Might be a change in policy

They have always let you book like that, the policy used to be that it was OK if the childs cabin door could be seen from the parents cabin door, now they have to be next to each other or directly across the hall, I have, twice, been allowed to book the kids in a cabin across the hall and 1 down, but other times have been told no. A lot depends on the person on the phone'

They have always let you book like that, the policy used to be that it was OK if the childs cabin door could be seen from the parents cabin door, now they have to be next to each other or directly across the hall, I have, twice, been allowed to book the kids in a cabin across the hall and 1 down, but other times have been told no. A lot depends on the person on the phone'

I have run into the situation of one cant but calling later another can, I'm not sure how or why, they should have company policies they do have to go by. Makes ya think which one was right??? :confused:

Honestly, she comes here for advice & help, and all some of you can do is expend effort to poke holes in her story! :(

Too many people have their cranky pants on in this thread. It's almost as bad as reading about kids in the CL. Ease up people, the OP was just looking for advice.:rolleyes:

I learned something reading this thread...I switched our March dinner reservations to "Anytime Dining" a couple months ago. I haven't paid much attention to my payment page because the cruise isn't until March, but after reading about a poster almost getting cancelled over tips I went and checked my payment due, and sure enough the tips have been added. Even though I am an experienced cruiser and should have known that would happen, there wasn't anything on the website to indicate tips would be added when I made the change.

Question...it looks like the all the tips were added, not just the dining tips. It's $13.90 per person/per day (we're in an OS). That seems like it would be the total tip amount, right?

I learned something reading this thread...I switched our March dinner reservations to "Anytime Dining" a couple months ago. I haven't paid much attention to my payment page because the cruise isn't until March, but after reading about a poster almost getting cancelled over tips I went and checked my payment due, and sure enough the tips have been added. Even though I am an experienced cruiser and should have known that would happen, there wasn't anything on the website to indicate tips would be added when I made the change.

Question...it looks like the all the tips were added, not just the dining tips. It's $13.90 per person/per day (we're in an OS). That seems like it would be the total tip amount, right?

Yes...once you switch to MTD....gratuities are automatically added....all gratuities.

Archived