What's your record for lobster tails?

scgamecock

On my last cruise, we had 2 guys at our table having a little competition and they had salad, soup, 7 lobster tails, prime rib & dessert. I only had 4. They are awfully small! :p

What's your best?

One and it was so bad that was one too many.

just 1. I prefer not to look like a giant hog in front of my tablemates.

Ditto.......could I eat more than one......probably, but I also choose not to look like a hog at a trough and find it disgusting that others do....hence.....Your Time Dining and a table for 2 for us.

My husband had 5 on one of the cruises. He was embarrassed to order all 5, so he ordered 3 and had my son and I order the other two.

The waiter figured out what we were doing, and told my husband that it would have been OK if he ordered all 5 - he was not judging. He even offered to bring more, but at this point my husband was too full, so he declined. (We had the best waiter and his assistant on that cruise).

I used to eat 6 or 7 pretty regularly when we had lobster bakes in the summer. But mind you, that's not on a cruise ship, the lobsters are fresh and are whole lobsters with claws:). I've probably had a half dozen tails total in the past decade on cruise ships, never impressed. I'll take the prime rib instead.

I have only ordered 1 but I do know someone that has ordered 17! :eek: He is not that big of a guy either. I would have been embarrassed to be at the table with him though.:o

I do know that if you order more than 1 that it is much easier on the waiters if you order them at the start. They dont care how many you order because If you order them later, they have to go thru long lines to wait for the additional dishes. If you have ever been on the galley tour they will explain this and how complicated and backed up it gets when people continue to re-order.