Who has been on the Glory??

theneals4

I was wondering who all has been on the glory and what they thought of it?? Right now shes in Norfolk, Va. And is only about 10 minutes from me. My best friend has really been wanting me and her to go on a cruise sometime next year. And being that me and the hubby are going on the Dream again in May i didnt want to plan another cruise right behind ours. So im looking at Oct. 2012 sailing. Any reviews and pix would be great!!

Thanks so much!:cool:

We did the Glory out of New York to Canada summer 0f '10. We enjoyed the ship and had no complaints - about par for Carnival Ships. There are numerous reviews posted here. Click on "Cruise Reviews" on the CC home page, select Carnival out in Glory for Select a Ship. More reviews can be found by clicking "Search" on the CC boards navigation bar and typing in "Review Glory". Hope this is helpful.

We were on her in 2005 and 2006 and enjoyed her. I second the fish and chips. Get turned around once and awhile trying to navigate but we had a great time. 2006 we had an extended balcony right above the first A in Carnival on the back of the ship. Great room, large balcony and little smokestack soot in the morning. Can't beat watching where you been.

theneals4, we were on the Glory out of Norfolk last October and will be again next Monday. We had an excellent time and I thought the ship was spectacular, my judgement may be a bit skewed since its the only ship I have ever been on, but we loved it enough to want to go again :) Only complaint about Norfolk was the cost to park is $90 for a week, but if you live in that area I am sure you could have someone take you to the port and save that for DODs Hope you guys decide to go and that you have a wonderful time.

I was on Glory last week with a group of ladies. We had a great time visiting New England and Canada. I plan to write a trip report, but have not had time yet. It is different with a friend, instead of hubby. Plus going to colder locations. But I would do it again.

We sailed on the Glory in July out of NYC to Canada and enjoyed it. I think we generally have more fun on cruises to warm weather ports, but we still liked the Glory and would sail again. Crew was friendly and food was good. The only thing we didn't think was all that great was the entertainment or lack thereof. However, that will likely change so it wouldn't be a make or break decision for me on whether or not to book again.

Thanks guys for letting me know its a nice ship!!

I found out today that because of her going to college she will not be able to go in Oct. And the other date they have sailing to the Bahamas is on May 15th and me and my Hubby will be on the Dream then. So we are trying to figure out where to go and when would be best. I have got her hooked now lol!

But even though we wont get to go on the Glory now, we will in the future.

And if anybody ever needs a place to park you can always park in front of my house. I live 10 minutes from the port. And you wont have to pay any cab fee ;)

Thanks again, everybody!

We loved the GLory! We have sailed twice on her now and have a Canada cruise booked for June out of Boston. The Fish n chips is awesome but you have to look for it.........

I really like the lay out of the ship......if I had a complaint it would be I could never figure out which floor our dining room was on. I cant wait to go again!!!

Good luck,

sandi

DH and I have been on the Glory a couple of times and love the ship. Would sail on her again if she wasn't going to Atlantic Canada. Not that I have anything against Atlantic Canada, but how many Floridians go to Boston to cruise to Florida? Anyway DH has a review with lots of pictures. See the link below. Note though that she has drydocked since then and has a few changes. She now has a big screen and serenity deck.

We loved the GLory! We have sailed twice on her now and have a Canada cruise booked for June out of Boston. The Fish n chips is awesome but you have to look for it.........

I really like the lay out of the ship......if I had a complaint it would be I could never figure out which floor our dining room was on. I cant wait to go again!!!

Good luck,

sandi

Do you think they will remove the fish and chips when they do the Funship 2.0 drydock in Nov. 2012???

Maggie

Just returned from Glory's last NY cruise to New England & Canada for the year.

We had FANTASTIC weather, New York, sunny and warm, Boston, sunny & warm, Portland, sunny & warm, St John, sunny & warm (well, warm for them, '60s) and halifax, coudy, but no rain.

I found the staff - all of them - always smiling, always saying hello. Really everything crew related, was excellent. The ship, well I've been on the Freedom also, and I'm just not a real fan of this type of ship. Just don't like the layout. Don't get me wrong, all the amenities aboard ship were great, but the Glory is showing some wear & tear.

Oliver

Archived