Obstructed view pictures.

Renmar

This tread should be made a sticky  

122 members have voted

1. 1. This tread should be made a sticky

• Agree
    • Disagree

Thanks for the input, I'll have a look at it.

My object is to show just the obstructed view cabins because that what seems to interest people the most.

Theo

I think what interests many people as well is the different balconies, covered VS uncovered which are the bigger ones etc.....

The reason that the website was not available is that I wanted to see how many people actually would post here to ask what happened. This might give the moderators an idea how many people are interested in this type of website.

Thank you all for the responses, I had more than 125 requests from people (by email) to gain access to the site since I closed it down last night.

It was never my intention to close it down permanently I just wanted to gain some information.

From now on I will have it back in operation and anybody can access it again (even the moderators;);)).

Again, thanks for all the feedback and I hope that as many cruisers as possible will benefit from this site.

Theo

I think what interests many people as well is the different balconies, covered VS uncovered which are the bigger ones etc.....

I'm sure that there are indeed a lot of people that are interested in that type of info. It would be nice if there was somebody that would take up that task.

Theo

I not quite sure what this post is all about. This thread is clearly about obstructed oceanview cabins ( a site I have made use of many, many times). Understand that this OP has developed a very useful thread on a singular topic. To take on an additional task of covered vs. uncovered balconies would likely require another retiree with an interest in that area.

Those of us hanging on the 8th deck in the obstructed view cabins are probably the least likely to know that a certain balcony has .067 inches more shade on the balcony than the open one next to it. :D:D Just saying!

Those of us hanging on the 8th deck in the obstructed view cabins are probably the least likely to know that a certain balcony has .067 inches more shade on the balcony than the open one next to it. :D:D Just saying!

I like your sense of humor.

Also, did anybody notice the new sticky (No, not about this tread) about the engine trouble on the Caribbean Princess!!

Theo

Theo:

I noticed it and read it! Passengers are getting a full refund, can stay on the ship in San Juan till Sunday, and a percentage off on another cruise, not too shabby!!

Now if this were a "sticky" it would make our day:D

Carol

I'm going to use that frase in my website (if that's OK with you).

Theo

I used your website to pick my obstructed cabin on the Emerald (E701) for our next year's cruise. E701 used to be category F and now an OY category in the new cabin system. I get an obstructed cabin for the price of oceanview. All the other obstructed cabins that Princess was offering had some kind of obstruction. I marked it no upgrade since we are low on the categories, they might move us to an obstructed cabin.

I used your website to pick my obstructed cabin on the Emerald (E701) for our next year's cruise. E701 used to be category F and now an OY category in the new cabin system. I get an obstructed cabin for the price of oceanview. All the other obstructed cabins that Princess was offering had some kind of obstruction. I marked it no upgrade since we are low on the categories, they might move us to an obstructed cabin.

Your cabin selection is a great one!! Theo is doing a great service to all the CCs who want to see what obstructive views are like! Some are much better than others.

We are so glad that Theo "retired" and took on this "job":D Thanks again Theo:)

Carol

I'm asking this question under this post because there are several among us that would like to know how you choose a post to be a "Sticky"??

This particular post has helped several CCers in choosing an obstructed view cabin on Princess ships. Personally, when I look at some available cabins on the Princess website and then see them on this post I know not to book them! Some views are much better than others and Theo has done a great job in providing us the information.

What does it take to become a famous "Sticky"??

Thanks in advance.

Carol

Thank you all for the encouraging words. We're just keep plugging away with or without the help and/or explanation from our moderators.

Theo

Carol, I was typing while you where posting.

Edited by Renmar

The reason that the website was not available is that I wanted to see how many people actually would post here to ask what happened. This might give the moderators an idea how many people are interested in this type of website.

Thank you all for the responses, I had more than 125 requests from people (by email) to gain access to the site since I closed it down last night.

It was never my intention to close it down permanently I just wanted to gain some information.

From now on I will have it back in operation and anybody can access it again (even the moderators;);)).

Again, thanks for all the feedback and I hope that as many cruisers as possible will benefit from this site.

Theo

I just emailed you all the photos that I have.

GREAT HELP.. Thank you. I'm sending this to my Travel Agent. I know that she and the others in the office will find it helpful in selecting the very best cabins for their clients.. Great Job!

Don't, then too many people will know about the good deals:D.

Theo