green magnet

JABE9999

We are presently on a Regent cruise. I noticed a green magnet on the lower corner of my door. I see them on a few other doors also, but not many. Does anyone know what they are there for? Did we do something wrong?

Now you've got us going. Please ask your stewardess (or butler) to find out.

I'm guessing it is a method of identifying certain rooms. The question is for what--which stewardess does your room, for example. But then you would infer that all the rooms would have magnets of different colours. Unless, of course, there were only two stewards for a particular corridor.

Magnets placed on doors are usually there to stick to the wall (if it is metal) to keep the door open.

You are correct Elsie but, the doors open inward, if I remember correctly so the magnets to hold the door open would be on the inside of the doors and believe the OP mentioned seeing the magnets on other doors so assume they are on the corridor side of the door.

You are correct Elsie but, the doors open inward, if I remember correctly so the magnets to hold the door open would be on the inside of the doors and believe the OP mentioned seeing the magnets on other doors so assume they are on the corridor side of the door.

You are right Dave. I didn't think of that. I have never seen them so am just guessing.

Archived