What are Interior w. French Door rooms like?

krissyj89

I understand that these rooms are where the lifeboats are. Can those doors open up in the rooms, though? Or are they permanently closed?

Does anyone have any experience in these rooms? Is there any way to look out onto the water with a life boat directly in front? Or maybe it's better to get a room towards the ends where the two lifeboat ends meet?

Thanks

Haven't stayed in one yet, but the doors open for fresh air & you may have a peek-a-boo view, looking around the obstruction. I hear the cabins between the lifeboats are the best. Call because they won't show all the available cabins & there may be a better one available that won't show on the various sites.

I had one of these rooms on the Pride last year you can look straight out at the sea. The door is right by the bed if you have them split into two twins like I did and it's VERY hard to get the door open and the door is REALLY heavy. I did like having something of a view but it was very muggy outside so I didn't really open the door. but it is nice to be able to get up in the morning and take a peek outside and see what the weather is like and see if you are in port or not.

Stayed in one of these rooms on the Miracle last month. Originally booked an interior room and got one of these. There was a lifeboat in front of the window but could still see out. I thought it was cool that you could open the doors. My daughter and sister had the room next to ours and below their doors there was a grate that you could step out on. Don't know if you were supposed to stand out there, but they did occasionally. LOL. Planning on sailing Carnival again next year and I would definitely book one of these rooms.

You are not allowed to go outside of the rooms. That's for crew only. There is a railing to keep us in the room. Don't take the risk by climbing the railing and going outside. It's not worth it.

We had room 4130, which was not between lifeboats. From what I can tell the rooms that are between lifeboats with the good views in some of these pics would be 4132, 4133, 4140, 4141, 4148, 4149, and corresponding rooms (if you follow this pattern on the deck plans). Even in rooms with the view totally blocked, these are still great rooms!

Thanks for the pics, I am actually in one of these rooms on Spirit next month, cabin 4122, I hope to get a good view.:)

Here's a couple more pictures I got when I researched. We are staying in these rooms but between two life boats. We've got two rooms.

[ATTACH]209654[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]209655[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]209656[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the pics, I am actually in one of these rooms on Spirit next month, cabin 4122, I hope to get a good view.:)

You're very welcome. I went thru all this research when booking our rooms. We got 4132 and 4140 on the Legend in less than a month. Wahoo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse mis-types.

I've got 4197 on the Legend next year. Of course I booked before they changed the smoking rules, so even though the doors open, it's not a balcony, and DH doesn't want to pay more. We are going in late summer, and it is hot and muggy outside. So I will enjoy the view, and then trudge on up to the lido for a smoke.:( or quit smoking:confused:-

I understand that these rooms are where the lifeboats are. Can those doors open up in the rooms, though? Or are they permanently closed?

Does anyone have any experience in these rooms? Is there any way to look out onto the water with a life boat directly in front? Or maybe it's better to get a room towards the ends where the two lifeboat ends meet?

Thanks

We just stayed in one of these cabins on the Legend (10/9 - 10/16) and loved it. The doors do open so you can get fresh air, however they do not stay open on their own. We had a good view between 2 lifeboats and could see the water, parts of port and some beautiful sunrises.

The room has a sofa and is a great option for a "balcony/oceanview" at an interior rate.

I personally LOVE these rooms! there LARGE at 220 sq ft! I had room 4140 Twice on the Spirit! Very quiet area & between the lifeboats with a good snippit view of the ocean! The doors do open inward & you can prop it open with the rubber door stopper or the bed:D loved the fresh air, BUT sometime during your cruise the maintenance crew will out on the ledge so close the shades before changing:eek::p:D! You will love the french door cabin & have a great cruise!

We had one this year on the Miracle, I think it was called a 4K. It is listed as an interior. All ships do not have them. It was nice for the fresh air, to know when its daylight. DH could smoke & blow the smoke outside. We had a view between lifeboats. We pushed the bed over barely an inch and it held the door open. Loved the sound of the waves. Be sure the drapes are closed at appropriate times coz there may be crew out there doing maintenance, we did see them once.

It was $50 more per person for the 4K, the best deal going for us. I'd book that over a balcony for the price difference. Its the best kept secret.

I've got 4197 on the Legend next year. Of course I booked before they changed the smoking rules, so even though the doors open, it's not a balcony, and DH doesn't want to pay more. We are going in late summer, and it is hot and muggy outside. So I will enjoy the view, and then trudge on up to the lido for a smoke.:( or quit smoking:confused:-

I have this cabin booked for 3 cruises this year. I just love the location. So close to aft elevators. Also no inside cabins across the hall.

They are not 220 sq ft. They are identical to a balcony cabin (185 sq ft) except the balcony railing/handrail is at the doorway instead of several feet out as seen in my image below. The door opens but just like a balcony door, it needs to be propped to stay open. You cannot walk outside but crew is often out there doing maintenance to the lifeboats, painting, cleaning etc. I loved the room but you do need to get a room between lifeboats or your view will be the side of the lifeboat. I think my room was 4194 but I'm not sure.

They are inside cabins - 4K is probably right but they change categories so much. As long as it says french door cabins on deck 4 you got it.

2152593730040669306S500x500Q85.jpg

2930857000040669306S500x500Q85.jpg

2129563580040669306S500x500Q85.jpg

2801789960040669306S500x500Q85.jpg

2637181900040669306S500x500Q85.jpg

Archived