bringing bottled water

dolphinlover2

I was able to bring a supply of bottled water on our last cruise on Norwegian, but I'm hearing that some other cruise lines do not permit bottled water to be brought on ship. Is this true? Does anyone have a list as to which cruise lines permit it and which don't?

I was able to bring a supply of bottled water on our last cruise on Norwegian, but I'm hearing that some other cruise lines do not permit bottled water to be brought on ship. Is this true? Does anyone have a list as to which cruise lines permit it and which don't?

I know Carnival allows 12 per person each bottle being no larger than 20 oz. Carnival also allows a 750 mL bottle of wine per passenger over age 21 without corkage fees like NCL has.

Most cruiselines don't care about water or even soda....it's the alcohol they don't want brought onboard. If you do bring some, put it in a suitcase or bag of some sort...something with handles, so the porters can deliver it.

That said, bring a refillable bottle...the ship's water is perfectly fine and pure.

I would just bring a nice metal water bottle and refill it. There is no reason to bring one time use plastic waste bottles filled with overpriced filtered tap water :D Ship water is good, really good actually !

NCL's FAQ only states that you cannot bring intoxicating Liqour or beverages. It doesn't specifically address water. I would call and ask or ask your question on the NCL board or join your roll call and ask other cruisers.

We've done it on two cruises, but not because there's something wrong with the ships water. We seem to drink more water when we have a "stash" in the room, and don't want to pay a ridiculous price for one bottle thats in the room.

As mentioned, Princess allows you to bring on bottled water. We always bring some and drop it off with our luggage with a tag on it and the porter takes it from there. Always gets delivered to our stateroom without a problem. I have read that the water onboard ship is just fine and I don't question that, however, I do not like the taste of it. It tastes like chlorine to me. Might just be my taste but I much prefer to bring on bottled water. I don't have this issue at home as I always drink from the tap.

NCL's FAQ only states that you cannot bring intoxicating Liqour or beverages. It doesn't specifically address water. I would call and ask or ask your question on the NCL board or join your roll call and ask other cruisers.

you can bring on bottled water and soda-no limit.

Archived