New Flights open up now til January from Montreal, QC??

GLCAS

I see that there is not much choice of direct flights from Montreal to Fort Lauderdale for the end of January and begining of Feb. Will more flights open up?? Or am I best to take what they have to offer now??:confused:

So, what you are really asking is: Will the airlines that serve YUL decide to add flights between YUL and FLL to the January schedule?

Though I do not have any special inside information, I would wager large sums of money that winter schedules in/out of FLL have been decided upon long ago, loaded into GDS, and are being sold as we speak. Additional flights don't just get added on an ad hoc basis- it's an involved process that encompasses equipment scheduling, maintenance schedules, crew availability and economic analysis to justify putting additional corporate resources into a market.

In other words....you aren't going to see other flights. BTW, did you expect hourly Rapidair type schedules??

Wow, sometimes I think people forget which website they are on when they put a reply up. It seemed like a rather simple question only requiring a simple answer.

Oft times, when a simple answer is given, it's dismissed because it doesn't match the expectations of the questioner. Better to give some explanation up front to eliminate the "but what if...." followups that frequently come along to bolster OP's hopes.

Also, by providing more than just an answer, it helps to raise the general knowledge level of the readers. Is that not a worthy goal?

And yes, I do know what website this is.

So, to quote 6rugrats....."NO". And let me add....."42".

Oft times, when a simple answer is given, it's dismissed because it doesn't match the expectations of the questioner. Better to give some explanation up front to eliminate the "but what if...." followups that frequently come along to bolster OP's hopes.

Also, by providing more than just an answer, it helps to raise the general knowledge level of the readers. Is that not a worthy goal?

And yes, I do know what website this is.

So, to quote 6rugrats....."NO". And let me add....."42".

There's informative, which you usually are, and there's condescending, which is what that was, especially the Rapidair remark at the end. Basically, that was a typical Flyertalk response to a question a "kettle" would dare come on there and ask.

Amazing that the OP hasn't said word one.

The comment was not condescending, but rather trying to figure out just what the expectation level was of the OP. And to provide the information that might help those expectations in the future. Sorry that YOU felt it was so out of place.

I see that there is not much choice of direct flights from Montreal to Fort Lauderdale for the end of January and begining of Feb. Will more flights open up?? Or am I best to take what they have to offer now??:confused:

As others have said at this stage of the game flights will not be added.

Hopefully you'll find a flight that works. This is not one of the nicer airports to sit around unless you can get into a club lounge.

Keith

Archived