Nav of Sea

joschwin

I was looking at an OV cabin # 2658 deck 2 on one web site it looked like a small deck and chairs are right next to it. It is cheaper than a balcony and was wondering if anyone knew exactly where this room is and if in fact a small deck is right there.

Also what are my chances of making a 11:45 am flight out of FLL. The ship docks in FLL. Just not sure the exact distance from pier to airport and we have no problem of carrying our bags off the ship.

I was looking at an OV cabin # 2658 deck 2 on one web site it looked like a small deck and chairs are right next to it. It is cheaper than a balcony and was wondering if anyone knew exactly where this room is and if in fact a small deck is right there.

Also what are my chances of making a 11:45 am flight out of FLL. The ship docks in FLL. Just not sure the exact distance from pier to airport and we have no problem of carrying our bags off the ship.

Your flight time should be fine. My friend and I flew out in September around that time.

You will be getting a porthole, and the area next to you is for crew only, as the diagram shows above.

Your flight time should be fine. My friend and I flew out in September around that time.

You will be getting a porthole, and the area next to you is for crew only, as the diagram shows above.

They will be getting a large round window. Voyager class ships do not have portholes in any ocean view cabins including decks 2 and 3.

It is 10 minutes terminal to airport, less than 5 miles.

The airport and Port Everglades are right next to each other. If you're in the first terminal of the airport you can see the cruise ships while waiting for your plane!

As long as you get off the ship early you'll be fine. Get your flight information to them so they put you in an early disembarkation group.

You will NOT have to "rush" off the ship to make that flight...you don't need to do the "self-carry" thing either...just let them know (about midway thru the cruise) that you have an early flight, and you'll be in one of the 1st groups...plenty of time to get to the airport.

Stay in a room with a real porthole and you will know the difference. I made that mistake once and it will never happen again.;):D

What I wonder is the crew areas right next door to this end cabin on Deck 2, do they also have the larger round, "porthole-ish" window, too?

What I wonder is the crew areas right next door to this end cabin on Deck 2, do they also have the larger round, "porthole-ish" window, too?

Nope. If you look at pictures of the Voyager class ships from the outside, where you see the windows going toward the aft change from the large round ones to small portholes is where the passenger cabins end and the crew area starts.

Archived