VIP boarding

myacuna

Question about VIP boarding with friends who are Platinum. We are sailing on the Fantasy out of Charleston next month and our friends, who are Platinum, will be with us. They are planning on going through the VIP line. Will we be able to stick with them, or do we need to board regularly. Not really a big deal any way, since we can find them once we get on the ship. We plan on getting there around 12:30 or 1.

Thanks for the help!

Question about VIP boarding with friends who are Platinum. We are sailing on the Fantasy out of Charleston next month and our friends, who are Platinum, will be with us. They are planning on going through the VIP line. Will we be able to stick with them, or do we need to board regularly. Not really a big deal any way, since we can find them once we get on the ship. We plan on getting there around 12:30 or 1.

Thanks for the help!

No as the previous poster stated SS cards are in a different area.. not sure where you are sailing from.. but usually around the time you are planning on arriving boarding has begun... so once you all get your SS cards you should be able to board together depending if all the zones have been called by then... if not VIP can still board and you would have to wait and just meet up on the lido or in the lobby...;)

Semi related question.

I have booked 2 rooms. A GS for wife and I and younger child, interior room across the hall for 2 older children. We in the GS are obviously VIP boarding but the interior room occupants are not. Will we all be able to go through VIP? Do I need to call my PVP to arrange this?

Thanks for any info.

Semi related question.

I have booked 2 rooms. A GS for wife and I and younger child, interior room across the hall for 2 older children. We in the GS are obviously VIP boarding but the interior room occupants are not. Will we all be able to go through VIP? Do I need to call my PVP to arrange this?

Thanks for any info.

the policy is yes, if the minors are on your credit card for check in.

(not how you paid for the cruise, what credit card you gave for check in when you filled out the boarding pass)

A PVP would have no way to do a thing about checking in at the port. The people at the port do not work for Carnival who check you in.

Semi related question.

Thanks for any info.

They usually let families go on together.. and I am sure you booked both rooms under the same credit card.. in that case yes they can board with you as their SS cards will be with yours...

Semi related question.

Thanks for any info.

YES ... it should say so on your cruise documents. You can check and verify by looking at documents in Manage My Cruise on the CCL site.

For those guests traveling with an additional stateroom that does not fall into one of the three categories above, the additional stateroom may check in through the VIP Program only if, 1) there are minor children traveling in the additional stateroom, or 2) the guests in the additional stateroom share the same Sail & Sign account with the qualified VIP guest.

Thanks for the help!

If your on board account is on their credit card you can board with them othewise no. Sorry...

:)

I honestly have no idea what they are going to do, and really, it makes no difference to me. We are just going to board and head up to lunch anyways. I have never sailed out of Charleston, but it seems from the reports, that it doesn't take all that much time.

Semi related question.

Thanks for any info.

Are the two children minors? If so, the answer is yes...

Note: For those guests traveling with an additional stateroom that does not fall into one of the three categories above, the additional stateroom may check in through the VIP Program only if, 1) there are minor children traveling in the additional stateroom, or 2) the guests in the additional stateroom share the same Sail & Sign account with the qualified VIP guest.

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/shipboard_knowledge/vip_checkinprogram.htm

The friends you are traveling with are going to break off just to go through a "VIP" line????

if it was me-- heck yes. I worked long and hard for that status to ever stand in the regular line again.

The friends you are traveling with are going to break off just to go through a "VIP" line????

Or you can do as we do.....just check them in under our cc and once on board hop in the VIP line and change them back over:D

If you want to stay together, the VIP can ask the agent if you can stay together for check-in though not everyone is VIP. Yes, there are times they will let you do this (I saw non-VIPs checking in with VIPs at NY port recently). The agent did go to another place to get the non-VIP cards. Does it slow things down somewhat? Yes. Do people do it? Yes.

If it doesn't matter, then check in separately.

I also highly suggest having your boarding pass, ID and credit card handy to give to the agent as soon as you get to the counter. This speeds things up considerably rather than waiting to be asked for everything. I have had more than one agent say to me "thank you for being ready with everything."

Most importantly: have fun!!!

Myacuna: that is a very pretty picture!

Myacuna: that is a very pretty picture!

Thank you :)

This is our second cruise but I was on here daily back then when we were researching it so I had EVERYTHING out and ready. If we cannot board with them, I'll make sure they are waiting for us with a DOD or 2.

We have a suite and another room booked for our adult children, Ive just put everyone under my credit card (Im booked in the suite) for onboard expense accounts, my boarding pass says VIP, theirs doesnt, so how do they know that we are all on the same S&S account when we get to the terminal? Should their boarding pass and luggage tickets also say VIP?

Thanks for the help!

Yes you can. if you are early enough to board. We just boarded the Fantasy on 10-6-11. The way the lines are set up, your friends would go through the VIP line. You may have to go through the regular line, BUT the cards for everyone are at the counter Which everyone meets up at. So our kids,( grown kids) who went with us, were able to go down the VIP line with us. We were called to the same counter and got our cards. We walked to the photo person and then boarded. We boarded as the first few people onto the ship. We arrived at 1015 am and were on ship by 1125.

Are the two children minors? If so, the answer is yes...

Note: For those guests traveling with an additional stateroom that does not fall into one of the three categories above, the additional stateroom may check in through the VIP Program only if, 1) there are minor children traveling in the additional stateroom, or 2) the guests in the additional stateroom share the same Sail & Sign account with the qualified VIP guest.

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/shipboard_knowledge/vip_checkinprogram.htm

Host Mach,

Perhaps you can offer me info on our scenario not covered completely by prior posts:

I booked 3 rooms for our Dream cruise on January 7, 2012 (two doubles and a quad, all spa inside cabins). Myself and DH, who will be platinum on this voyage in one room, my best friend and her husband in another, and our 4 children (2 ours, 2 theirs) in the quad. Based on the above, our children should be able to board VIP with us, but as the children of our friends are in the same room, will their parents be able to go with us?

It actually does not matter if we board VIP, as Port Canaveral has such a great system in place, but I'd like to know ahead of time if all of us could stay together in VIP just in case.

Sorry if that was a bit confusing:o!

Thanks in advance,

A

Host Mach,

I booked 3 rooms for our Dream cruise on January 7, 2012 (two doubles and a quad, all spa inside cabins). Myself and DH, who will be platinum on this voyage in one room, my best friend and her husband in another, and our 4 children (2 ours, 2 theirs) in the quad. Based on the above, our children should be able to board VIP with us, but as the children of our friends are in the same room, will their parents be able to go with us?

Thanks in advance,

A

The only way to get your friends to go to the platinum line is by linking your credit card to all the cabins.

Do this= then visit the pursers desk to change the cards.

I am going to say Yes. When we went with our friends who were VIP, we went in the same line as them. The people at the VIP line said it was no problem as long as we were traveling together. We were on our own credit card. Now I dont know if it was suppose to happen, but everytime we have done it, it has worked. Now part two to that. When we have gone by ourselves, we have gotten on the boat before the VIP line has even started to board.

Archived