HA Pizza (YUCK)

Hlitner

I guess you're right Bruce because that tuna pizza just sat there , no one touched it .

( Or for that matter , the lamb ragout Princess made out of the dinner leftovers )

Anyone want a nice "lamb" sandwich ?

We could have a lot of fun if we let this thread get off topic (which is Pizza). So you want to discuss HA meat loaf! Now that is gross :)

Hank

We could have a lot of fun if we let this thread get off topic (which is Pizza). So you want to discuss HA meat loaf! Now that is gross :)

Hank

Never tried the meatloaf. I just hope this doesn't end up a baseball hat or bathrobe thread .

Now that I think of it , Hal's rear deck bbq parties usually have pretty awful food .

Truth be told.....ANYTHING on pizza is delicious!

Frank, don't know where you are in Jersey, but if you're in Northern NJ, they have opened an Anthony's Coal Oven Pizza....funny thing is, they are based out of FLL, but the pizza is good.

Frank,

You may be surprised to learn that pizza originally comes from Italy - not New York or Chicago. Most everyone agrees that it is originally from Napoli....

And, it would appear, that's the point of contention. There are some who are so particular about their specific city or region's version of Pizza that they have declared any other interpretation, style, or recipe to be inadequate or "bad." Therefore, those who hail from other places, where Pizza is made differently or with different toppings, just don't know what "good" or "real" Pizza is.

But it seems that our American cousins are not very adventurous nor flexible when it comes to leaving their country for a short period. So long as everything tastes and smells exactly the same way it does back home, they are quite happy to see the rest of the world.

Now now ... there is no reason to paint all your American cousins with the same broad brush.

I'm a dyed-in-the-wool North Sider myself, but you've just given me a definite reason never to move to the south Side! (Deep dish pepperoni with butter crust -- yummmmm!)

Now you're talkin'! Lou's is by far and away the BEST deep dish pizza in the Chicago area. One large cheese and slice tomato on butter crust, please!

(Sorry to hear earlier poster doesn't have a Lou's in the south burbs. Fortunately we have one in my town. Yep, they're on speed dial!)

Truth be told.....ANYTHING on pizza is delicious!

Frank, don't know where you are in Jersey, but if you're in Northern NJ, they have opened an Anthony's Coal Oven Pizza....funny thing is, they are based out of FLL, but the pizza is good.

I'm in south Jersey , and believe it or not , we have a "Tommy's Coal Fired Pizza".

( maybe they're brothers ? )

p.s. - to whoever said I might be surprised to hear that pizza is Italian , Duh .......

I've been Italian all my life . Best pizza ever was Capri Pizza , Vailsburg , a long time ago.

...Best pizza ever was Capri Pizza , Vailsburg , a long time ago.

This is sacrilege I am sure, but the best pizza I have ever had was a vegetarian one in Moscow. That restaurant still exists. I have had it all over Italy where it is a beautiful thing, but I have to give the Russians their due.

Also, their sushi is unbelievable.:D

Smooth sailing...

I'm in south Jersey , and believe it or not , we have a "Tommy's Coal Fired Pizza".

( maybe they're brothers ? )

p.s. - to whoever said I might be surprised to hear that pizza is Italian , Duh .......

I've been Italian all my life . Best pizza ever was Capri Pizza , Vailsburg , a long time ago.

hmmmmmm, just had a look at their menu, very, very similar to Anthony's, there must be a story here.....LOL

http://anthonyscoalfiredpizza.com/locations

Archived