Anyone use Riviera Premium Tours?

wantocruisemore

After the suggestion of Saint Paul de Vence I started checking on private shore excursions from Cannes. This company popped up. There are alot of discussions on them over on trip advisor, reviews seem to be mixed based on the driver/guide that you have. Alot of the excursions are land based listed but they do have shore excursions.

Anyone use them?

After some research St. Paul de Vence, Antibes, Eze, or Nice have some interests. I would not be expecting all, maybe focus on two. We have a decent stop time wise, 7am - 6pm.

poss - I haven't found out anything additional for this company but I have found alot of recommendations for other guide/companies. If you want I can share what I've found out.

We've decided to stay with this cruise instead of changing and we're going to book a private tour to see the medieval villages as well as the sights in Nice. Plan on skipping Monte Carlo all together.

Glad you're settled. I've been reading the other tour company recommendations as well. Btw, we love Nice (always stay 3-4 days post-cruise when we're in the area). Eze is very handsome, but too many shops for our tastes. (Spectacular views though) St Paul de Vence is best of all imo. But there are so many of the perched villages that I've not seen yet. A great part of the world!

Nice (Russian Cathedral, Matisse Museum & Roman ruins), St. Paul de Vence and Eze are our choices right now. We might have time for a quick drive through Antibes, not sure.

Any other places you can recommend? We love Medieval and Ancient Ruins. Thought about the Chateau at Cannes but it is closed on Monday.

Nice (Russian Cathedral, Matisse Museum & Roman ruins), St. Paul de Vence and Eze are our choices right now. We might have time for a quick drive through Antibes, not sure.

Any other places you can recommend? We love Medieval and Ancient Ruins. Thought about the Chateau at Cannes but it is closed on Monday.

We did both Eze and St Paul de Vence (in four hours). Agree about Eze, but felt the walk to the top through the gardens, and viewing the statues was worth the stop. We would have loved to spend a little more time in St Paul de Vence. Be sure to include a visit to the Church of the White Penitents, different than anything you'll see on your journey. Would also recommend lunch at one of the small, terraced cafes off to the right (not the larger places ypu'll see near the entrance). Lovely views.

We like both Chagall and Matisse and thought the Chagall museum was much superior: We were simply blown away by the Chagall. I'd give the Matisse museum a B; the Chagall museum an A+ (I'm a teacher ;-)

• 7 months later...
Did you find out anything more about this company? or another company?

I have not used Riviera Premium Tours yet, but have a tour booked with them on June 29 from Cannes, visiting Monaco/Monte Carlo and Nice. Jerome has been a pleasure to deal with and has been very prompt with replies to emails and questions. I requested him as our guide as I have seen very good reviews of him. He is going to try to accommodate us, but said if he has to be in the office he will send his #2 guy and promised we would have an excellent guide. We shall see!! They allow you to customize your tour however you like. We started with their suggested Monaco/Monte Carlo shore excursion from the website and then added an hour of time and a visit to Nice and the flower market. Not sure when you are cruising but I can report back when we return after July 11.

After the suggestion of Saint Paul de Vence I started checking on private shore excursions from Cannes. This company popped up. There are alot of discussions on them over on trip advisor, reviews seem to be mixed based on the driver/guide that you have. Alot of the excursions are land based listed but they do have shore excursions.

Anyone use them?

After some research St. Paul de Vence, Antibes, Eze, or Nice have some interests. I would not be expecting all, maybe focus on two. We have a decent stop time wise, 7am - 6pm.

See my previous post....also want to add that a few others on our roll call have tours booked with this company for our Cannes stop.

We just returned from Cannes where my family of seven toured with Ingrid of Kultours based in Nice. This was our second cruise along the French Riviera and one of many trips to France, and Ingrid was by far the best guide we'd ever had in France. Flawless grasp of history and culture. She gave us a very detailed tour because we were looking for a lot of historical context, but she was also just amazingly fun. Cannot recommend her highly enough. I won't list all we did, but was a breeze to see Eze, Saint Paul and Nice. We also visited Monte Carlo and drove the track, a thrill for our kids, and just drove around the whole area in general. Hope that helps. Happy to answer questions.

Liz

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned from a cruise aboard the Norwegian Epic. One of our stops was Cannes. We booked a half day tour to Monte Carlo and Monaco. It was wonderful and I can't say enough about how much we enjoyed the tour and the places that we saw.

Our guide was Gee and he was very professional and very informative. Not only did we get to learn about the French Riviera, but we were also able to stop at the ancient town of Eze and wander a bit before heading to Monte Carlo. We rode on all three of the beautifully scenic roads on the way there and back. Being in Monaco and Monte Carlo was a dream come true and this tour was a great way to experience it.

I would highly recommend this half day trip to anyone who would like to experience the French Riviera and Monaco and Monte Carlo.

I have not used Riviera Premium Tours yet, but have a tour booked with them on June 29 from Cannes, visiting Monaco/Monte Carlo and Nice. Jerome has been a pleasure to deal with and has been very prompt with replies to emails and questions. I requested him as our guide as I have seen very good reviews of him. He is going to try to accommodate us, but said if he has to be in the office he will send his #2 guy and promised we would have an excellent guide. We shall see!! They allow you to customize your tour however you like. We started with their suggested Monaco/Monte Carlo shore excursion from the website and then added an hour of time and a visit to Nice and the flower market. Not sure when you are cruising but I can report back when we return after July 11.

I used Riviera Premium Tour two years ago for both Cannes and Monte/Carlo. They provided prompt and professional service. We did Eze, the market in Nice and etc. I would not hesitate to recommend them. In Saint Paul De Vence we at at a cafe called Le Tilleul. It is filled with many local business people. Do not eat inside.. Very crowded and stuffy. Beautiful artist town!

• 3 months later...

Hello all - it's been a while since anyone replied to this post but I thought I would give it a try before starting a new thread.

Regarding the tours mention - Ingrid of Kultours and Sylvie de cristo:

Did you create/plan the itineraries?

Did you have time for yourselves? A lunch or free time to explore the town and then meet up with your guide.

Cost?

Would appreciate any info - thank you

• 9 months later...

We (two couples) on a Mediterranean cruise used Riviera for a private tour in Nice and Eze (and a quick ride through Monaco/Monte Carlo). If our driver, Ingrid, is representative of the overall company, I HIGHLY recommend them. She did a fantastic job of getting us to all of the highlights, stopping at the best spots for photos, and we never lost time finding her where we were done walking around at specific locations - the car was always right there. She was right on target with how long we should spend at each site to see all the attractions we wanted to see, and her recommendations were perfect.

• 6 months later...

Two years ago I formed a cruise tour group of 8 persons and had a delightful trip ending in Eze where my wife purchased tee shirts for the grandchildren. When we tendered back to our ship we realized the tees had been left in the tour vehicle. Imagine our surprise when we got back to Texas three weeks later and the tees were at home waiting for us courtesy of our tour driver. We visit Monaco again on July 1, 2014 and guess who we booked for our trip to Nice, Cannes and Saint-Paul de Vence?

• 3 weeks later...

A few years back we took a river day cruise in Paris. We picked the fancy boat and were happy we did. France was going through a heat wave. Other boats had people sitting in the open sun on Woden folded chairs and what looked like box lunches. We had white table cloth dinner tables, waiter, singer, air conditioning, and a clear view. We took an overnight ferry from Southhampton. Had a cabin with shower. Toured Normandy and worked our way up to Paris.

• 4 months later...

We used Riviera Premium Tours this past June. Our Cruise Critic group ended up filling 3 vans of 8 people per van. We all had a positive experience and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. Jerome is very responsive, and a pleasure to work with. We did Eze Villiage, Nice flower market, and Monte-Carlo. We are going again in October 2015 and so far we are thinking of going to Antibes, Vence, and Grasse. We have a comfort zone of about 6 hours (our ship is in port for 9). All three towns appear to be close together, but we would rather drop one if we are going to be too rushed. Has anyone been to any of these towns? If, so 1) what did you like or not like 2) how long were you there and was it enough time? Any recommendations for a nice seaside lunch in Antibes?

Jodi

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by sf49ers