TV stations in your cabin

Unless things have really been upgraded on the mega-ships there will be few things on tv. I know CBS does a show about RCI. It reminds me of a never ending commercial for CBS shows. I believe it's called, "CBS, Eye of Royal Caribbean". There are some movies on and some may even be within the past year. I do believe there are some in room rentals, like in hotels, but we have never used them so can't make comment.

Sports? Forget it. The ship is dependent on satelites and contracts they have with production companies.

The Tv will be on to help folks sleep. (We are those kind of folks to, it doesn't matter what is on...just noise).

I believe they don't want folks in their cabins watching TV...there is too much to do outside.

You can expect a meager selection of channels, including a few channels of shipboard activities and announcements, several channels showing the same movie in various languages, and a channel showing the same movies as the on-board theater. You can even expect the channel line-up to change during the cruise, depending on the satellite reception. Don't expect much from the TV programming.

They have quite a few Discovery shows on. DH and I watched an entire season of Orangutan Island on our honeymoon (It was 11 days with 6 sea days- we had plenty of down time). Sounds boring, but when we got home we were excited to watch season 2!

I have also watched Meerkat Manor onboard. If your daughter likes animals this will probably suffice as they are running very frequently onboard.

We're on Adventure of the Seas this weekend and for my daughter and son-in-law with 2 little ones aged 4 and 9 months tv in the cabin for the evenings is fairly important. Did post for info regarding this in several places but didn't get much response! Can't be too upset as I didn't know the answers either and have cruised with RCI before on Navigator! Diffrent needs for different situations :)

We are "TV before bed" people too. We've already decided that we are bringing the laptop and a few TV on DVD shows. We don't anticipate being in our room for a long time, but it's nice to have that option available.

Think that's become the conclusion here today as well!

We are "TV before bed" people too. We've already decided that we are bringing the laptop and a few TV on DVD shows. We don't anticipate being in our room for a long time, but it's nice to have that option available.

I brought my laptop with a few DVD's of TV shows on my cruise, but I didn't watch a single episode on the cruise. Like you said, it's nice to have that option. I watched a few episodes in the hotel pre-cruise and post-cruise.

I watched one movie on the ship's TV, split in half because I fell asleep the first time. I also enjoyed watching the previews of the shore excursions although I booked mine ahead of time. Other than that, I only used the TV for background noise.

They could carry more and better programming on the in-room televisions. But I suppose the thought is that they would prefer you spend as least amount of time as possible in your cabin. For our next RCI cruise, my kids will probably by some shows for their ipads to watch in bed at night or during their down times. I'll have to settle for the news.

Archived