Hasbro Game Show

jtdlmc

Hasbro, The Game Show

You've played CONNECT 4 and YAHTZEE games, but have you ever even imagined yourself onstage, in a competition that puts your gaming skills to the test? You'll have your chance with our onboard Hasbro Game Shows, which take funtime favorites and infuses them with other games you know and love. From SORRY SLIDERS! to YAHTZEE BOWLING, CONNECT 4 BASKETBALL, OPERATION SAM DUNK and SIMON FLASH, you'll team up to win great prizes!

Coming to Carnival Breeze (June 2012)

Carnival Conquest (October 2012)

Carnival Glory (November 2012)

• 1 month later...
Hasbro, The Game Show

You've played CONNECT 4 and YAHTZEE games, but have you ever even imagined yourself onstage, in a competition that puts your gaming skills to the test? You'll have your chance with our onboard Hasbro Game Shows, which take funtime favorites and infuses them with other games you know and love. From SORRY SLIDERS! to YAHTZEE BOWLING, CONNECT 4 BASKETBALL, OPERATION SAM DUNK and SIMON FLASH, you'll team up to win great prizes!

Coming to Carnival Breeze (June 2012)

Carnival Conquest (October 2012)

Carnival Glory (November 2012)

However very few passengers will be able to do this on any one cruise.

• 2 months later...

Carnival updated the website. Hasbro Game Shows are going to be on Liberty in 2012. Doesn't say when though.

Schedule:

Carnival Breeze (June 2012)

Carnival Conquest (Oct. 2012)

Carnival Glory (Nov. 2012)

Carnival Liberty (2012)

After seeing this thread I immediately called Carnival to see if they had an approximate month. The reply was "no".

I really hope it is on for our late August cruise.

Carnival originally said that it would be added during last drydock. For whatever reason, it was not. Now they are saying yes again. The torture! :eek:

Does anybody know why it wasn't added on during drydock in October in the first place??

The PP poster is correct. The games weren't ready yet, so they didn't get added to the Liberty in drydock. We went to the game trials in Philadelphia a couple weeks ago when they were training a couple of the CD's and ACD's and they didn't have the all of the game pieces completed (the Sorry Sliders weren't colored yet) and were still tweaking the games and sets. I got to play the Sorry Sliders and Operation and then try my luck at the Monopoly machine at the end--I've never had so much fun playing "board games". I'm excited to see what the finished product looks like because it was a lot of make believe on game day since we were in a large warehouse, although John and the others made it seem like we were at sea, especially since Carnival provided lunch :-D

So does that mean they will wait until the nex dry dock in October to put it on the ship or have they added stuff like this previously in the middle of the season? I am sailing in July so I'm just curious if it will be added by then.

Thanks for the info. I too was disappointed when I found out it wasn't on Liberty.

So does that mean they will wait until the nex dry dock in October to put it on the ship or have they added stuff like this previously in the middle of the season? I am sailing in July so I'm just curious if it will be added by then.

Thanks for the info. I too was disappointed when I found out it wasn't on Liberty.

Liberty was already in drydock in October which is when she got some of her 2.0 upgrades. She is not due for another drydock for probably 3-4 years.

When I called Carnival, they told me the Liberty would be getting Hasbro sometime in 2012, but they didn't have the exact month yet. It obviously wouldn't be before the Breeze (June 2012) since they are now (not original plan obviously) promoting the Breeze to be the first to be getting Hasbro.

It make sense that they couldn't follow through with that plan of adding Hasbro to the Liberty during drydock because they were not able to complete the pieces in time.

To answer your question, the Liberty will not have to be in drydock to have Hasbro added. Maybe you and me will get a lucky surprise this summer, but don't count on it. I'm concerned because they haven't put in the exact month as they have with the other ships. :)

An additional dry-dock won't be necessary to add the Hasbro games later. Any infrastructure that is needed to host the games in the main theater would likely already have been added during 2.0 upgrades (such as overhead cameras). She is really just waiting on the game sets to be complete and delivered to the ship and for the production department to finalize the actual shows.

First off, I apologize for my ignorance. But what is it that they have to do to initiate these games? Are 'special' places/areas required? They seem to be able to facilitate games now in the various available venues. What more do they need? Will these games go beyond the scope of the current games (i.e. Love & Marriage, Battle of the Sexes, Hairy Chest, etc.)?

Just to be clear, I am excited that they are formulating new games. I'm just not sure why the delay. It will be great to have new games - and more chances to win the coveted ship-on-a-stick!

First off, I apologize for my ignorance. But what is it that they have to do to initiate these games? Are 'special' places/areas required? They seem to be able to facilitate games now in the various available venues. What more do they need? Will these games go beyond the scope of the current games (i.e. Love & Marriage, Battle of the Sexes, Hairy Chest, etc.)?

Just to be clear, I am excited that they are formulating new games. I'm just not sure why the delay. It will be great to have new games - and more chances to win the coveted ship-on-a-stick!

there are a number of sets that are being completed that are the games themselves that will be delivered to the ships. they will be on the main theater, probably up to three shows per cruise. the CDs and ACDs that will be hosting the shows have had rehearsals at the scenery construction company (Scenery First in Philadelphia) to refine the production itself.

my wife and I went to the show rehearsals and the production is meant to give the audience the same feel of being in a live studio audience of a TV game show.

Lyn,

On cable there is a channel called the Hub. It's like Nickelodeon for kids. there is a game show called "Family Game Night" in which two familes of 4 (2 kids, 2 parents) compete against the other family. They play traditional kind of games like Yahtzee, Bop It, Monopoly etc with a twist...These games are life size and sometimes a bit "extreme". For example, for the Yahtzee game, you have a giant "bowling ball" that you roll to knock over your numbers. The ball is probably 4 feet tall.

It's just as fun to watch it as to participate I would assume.

So it's not just a board game, it's a stage production game.

My ds-7 absolutely loves this show, and we booked our next cruise specifically for this game as I looked at the schedules and which ships would have it.

Archived