Whats it worth to you for my cabin? $$$

I think the push to get you moved has ended.

The cruisers do not want to pay to move you.

The PVP has realized that they put themselves in an unethical position to help some clients that have since proven to want something for nothing. The clients probably think that since they booked multiple cabins the PVP should just make this happen.

PVP has learned a lesson here. I would just let it drop. Your cruising neighbors will probably not remember any of this or feel sheepish for being cheap and pushy.

It probably is all over if you let be.

Those are both HUGE assumptions! :eek: :cool:

O K I am going to weigh in on this one as it is in my area of expertise!!!...

The agent you have representing you on this cruise should be repramended severly for this action as it is totally wrong, unethical and unprofessional...

You should never ever be made feel uncomfortable on your cruise and your personal information should have never been shared with that other family going on the cruise..

I would very quickly call Carnival and request to speak with the P.V.P's supervisor and explain what this individula did to you and your family and the fact that that person has now not only made you feel very uncomfortable on your upcoming vacation (which you should never ever feel that way as this is a vaction to relax and feel happy and have fun!!)...

But also violated your information and the right to that privacy to others you do not have a clue as to who they are and if they could possibly cause issues for you and your family while on the cruise...

Also Carnival's policy states clearly that your minor passengers must be on the same deck as you and depending on their ages must be either across the hall from your cabin or just a few cabins from your but definately on the same deck...

That is not a very good person or P.V.P. to be exposing your personal information to someone else you do not even know...

I would so be telling a supervisor so very much all of this!!!

And quickly!!!

Daughters are college age, so not minors.

Well if we think about it,there is no proof that any of this has happened..

I disagree. The PVP should not have told you that they also booked the people in the other cabins. This is information you should not have access to.

The PVP would be in trouble for having given this information out, and it could easily be proven if its true, that she booked the other people and then told you. (and now its all over CC so other PVPs are saying .. how odd).

The agent you have representing you on this cruise should be repremanded severly for this action as it is totally wrong, unethical and unprofessional...

I see you caught that too .. the PVP is exposed as being in the wrong. No wonder they didnt want to transfer to a supervisor and get caught.

Leaving from where? She must be emailing you from home, the pvp department is not open on the weekend. Also, I would not trust her. there is just something not right about this and the way she is trying to proceed. If the other passengers were giving you an obc, she would have to obtain the money somehow and put it on your booking ...

Take the advice of the others here... call her supervisor tomorrow and get things straightened out...

So, they cann put the other customer in the curtesy hold 9C

Looking all day for you to post. Wondering if you called a supervisor today.

Good luck. Whatever the outcome, I know you will have a wonderful cruise.

I'm also eager to hear the outcome.

I soo want the OP to get a even better cabin deal...this is kind of fun....rooting woot woot here...Sarah

The lack of any additional posting or response by the OP leads me to believe this issue is likely dead.

O K I am going to weigh in on this one as it is in my area of expertise!!!...

The agent you have representing you on this cruise should be repramended severly for this action as it is totally wrong, unethical and unprofessional...

You should never ever be made feel uncomfortable on your cruise and your personal information should have never been shared with that other family going on the cruise..

I would very quickly call Carnival and request to speak with the P.V.P's supervisor and explain what this individula did to you and your family and the fact that that person has now not only made you feel very uncomfortable on your upcoming vacation (which you should never ever feel that way as this is a vaction to relax and feel happy and have fun!!)...

But also violated your information and the right to that privacy to others you do not have a clue as to who they are and if they could possibly cause issues for you and your family while on the cruise...

Also Carnival's policy states clearly that your minor passengers must be on the same deck as you and depending on their ages must be either across the hall from your cabin or just a few cabins from your but definately on the same deck...

That is not a very good person or P.V.P. to be exposing your personal information to someone else you do not even know...

I would so be telling a supervisor so very much all of this!!!

And quickly!!!

I called and spoke with a supervisor and told my story.She needs to check the notes before we can go any further.I need to call back again tomorrow as I got this supervisor leaving in a few minutes but found out several things.The PPV did note that I was interested in the 9C.There is also a note that a courtesy hold was put on that cabin and I was emailed that I needed to make a decision before the cabin was released.

The supervisor did not indicate if there was anything else.

I posted earlier asking if there was a notes section on another thread here.

I emailed the PVP and got no reply back yet.

I emailed the PVP from another address and also got no reply.

My children are adults yet we have one reservation in my name and one in my wifes.(extra OBC stockholder credit:).

The 9C is gone.The other aft is also gone.

The lack of any additional posting or response by the OP leads me to believe this issue is likely dead.

Not yet,but it is not looking too good.That email sent to me was the only evidence and it just looks like I was interested in the other cabin.

I will speak with the supervisor tomorrow again after the "notes" are read. I think thats code for talking to the PVP.

I will be made out to be a customer who was not happy with their cabin but did not want to pay for the other one.

Just out of curiosity here....... Can a group booking get OBC and dinner in the Steakhouse as a group perk?

If so, I would be willing to bet that is where that offer came from.

Iv never seen a group booking get dinner in the steakhouse as a perk. OBC yes, but not dinner. Good luck.

I think your point could easily be proven, if it turns out the others in the aft were booked with the same PVP, how else would you know this confidential information? PVP had to have told you .. and why?

Just keep your cabin if nothing else and let it go.

Not yet,but it is not looking too good.That email sent to me was the only evidence and it just looks like I was interested in the other cabin.

I will speak with the supervisor tomorrow again after the "notes" are read. I think thats code for talking to the PVP.

I will be made out to be a customer who was not happy with their cabin but did not want to pay for the other one.

Just out of curiosity here....... Can a group booking get OBC and dinner in the Steakhouse as a group perk?

If so, I would be willing to bet that is where that offer came from.

Even if the evidence doesn't exist for the supervisor to take action against the PVP I would think that after this the PVP would be more closely watched. We also don't know how many other times this PVP has tried to do something like this and been called on it, which could also be a factor. In any event you have the cabins you wanted.

I wish, the main problem is this is the Christmas sailing.:eek:

The cost of that Vista aft now versus what I paid when I booked is over $900 and there are no other vista's available that week.That room was about $300 more when I booked quite some time ago and the rates have gone way up since even for that week.

I told the PVP to email me regarding anything further on this so I have a paper trail. I have my phone off so she will have no choice.

Someone else mentioned taking a cruise on another week.I have the last 2 weeks of December and almost all of January so I am not against it.:)

Tossing that out will be my ace in the hole.

We had friends going on this trip but he cancelled months ago and I figured I would still go.

Don't give up your Vista! You will love it and these people needed to book earlier, like last year! REport the PVP and let us know how everything plays out.

Iv never seen a group booking get dinner in the steakhouse as a perk. OBC yes, but not dinner. Good luck.

I think your point could easily be proven, if it turns out the others in the aft were booked with the same PVP, how else would you know this confidential information? PVP had to have told you .. and why?

Just keep your cabin if nothing else and let it go.

Do PVPs do regular and group bookings? I thought a seperate department handled group bookings.

Don't give up your Vista! You will love it and these people needed to book earlier, like last year! REport the PVP and let us know how everything plays out.

I don't have the vista. Its a few cabins down.If they wanted my aft so they could all be together,they needed to move me into the vista,for free.:D

Do PVPs do regular and group bookings? I thought a seperate department handled group bookings.

It is my understanding that different PVPs handle group bookings then individual bookings.

BTW, I am more a lurker on here - but I am following your thread waiting for the outcome. :) And hoping you somehow "win".

Wow is all I can say for everyone bashing the PVP. No personal info was given. The OP was offered some incentive for changing cabins. What is wrong with that? The upsell fairy does that all the time and everyone wants that call. Why is everyone always looking to throw someone under the bus to get something for free. If the OP would have been upfront and said she was willing to change sail dates to get the 9C maybe it would have been a win/win for everyone. I hope my PVP would not hesitate to call and ask me about an upsell offer. I can always say no. But at least give me the option.

Wow is all I can say for everyone bashing the PVP. No personal info was given. The OP was offered some incentive for changing cabins. What is wrong with that? The upsell fairy does that all the time and everyone wants that call. Why is everyone always looking to throw someone under the bus to get something for free. If the OP would have been upfront and said she was willing to change sail dates to get the 9C maybe it would have been a win/win for everyone. I hope my PVP would not hesitate to call and ask me about an upsell offer. I can always say no. But at least give me the option.

Perhaps you are missing the point that now several cabins surrounding hers will have occupants that know she refused to relinquish her cabin. This could mean nothing to them and hopefully there are no hard feelings but it could also cause there to be some animosity that could have been avoided had the PVP not gone back to the other cruisers and told them she refused.

Perhaps you are missing the point that now several cabins surrounding hers will have occupants that know she refused to relinquish her cabin. This could mean nothing to them and hopefully there are no hard feelings but it could also cause there to be some animosity that could have been avoided had the PVP not gone back to the other cruisers and told them she refused.

Nope, I didn't miss a thing. They did not want it very bad as they only offered $100 and the steak house. Divide that by at least 2 per cabin and 3 or 4 cabins amounts to what? 1 or 2 drinks each? Not enough to create any animosity when they are asking for a favor. People are reading way to much into this.

Nope, I didn't miss a thing. They did not want it very bad as they only offered $100 and the steak house. Divide that by at least 2 per cabin and 3 or 4 cabins amounts to what? 1 or 2 drinks each? Not enough to create any animosity when they are asking for a favor. People are reading way to much into this.

Offering a perk to switch cabins would have been ok, as I see it the problem began when the PVP made it clear to the other party that she had booked a client into the cabin they wanted - and solicited $ from them to try to win the passenger over into relinquishing the cabin.

The amount of $ they were willing to put up doesn't necessarily equate to how much they wanted the cabin, or felt "entitled" to it. I have arrived early to a show to get the seat I want, and at the last minute had a large party come up & ask me to move over so they could sit together. No $ offered, but when I declined they were nasty and it was not pleasant sitting with hostility on either side. Some people just feel like they are more important than others - the party who wanted the OP's cabin may or may not be these kind of people.

It is my understanding that different PVPs handle group bookings then individual bookings.

BTW, I am more a lurker on here - but I am following your thread waiting for the outcome. :) And hoping you somehow "win".

Here's an update for you.

The PVP was contacted by the supervisor and admits they did tell the prospective customer that the adjacent cabin,mine, was an "In house reservation",not with another travel agency and that I would be asked if I would switch.

She ended up sending the prospective customer an email that indicated I was asked and she was unable to find 2 cabins that allowed me to be next to my children do to the fact that the cruise is heavily booked. So she took the fall for saying no.The adjacent cabins were part of a group that were getting $100obc.

The customer did not book the trip.

The PVP is not connected to the group in any way.(But being "in house" gave her access to that info)

So it appears it was nothing more and the only fault was I should have not been contacted at all since I had notes on my booking not to touch my cabins,but the PVP thought I might be able to get something out of the deal (like the 9C on the other guys dime) so in retrospect,was the PVP looking out for me?

So I am letting it all go as the PVP is smart.Covered her butt while looking like she was trying to do me a favor. Brilliant,I should have seen it coming earlier than when I starting suspecting it when I got the email,but I could have been clouded by greed ($$ or 9C).

I have a cruise coming on the Dream, and lets just say its during college winter break.

I have an 8m aft and my college aged daughters are in one of the inside rooms directly opposite my cabin. (if you walk down the hall you walk past their door then straight into my door)

I have do not upgrade/move,ect on both rooms.correct number of passengers in both rooms as well.

PVP wants me to move because another of her customers family has the 3 or 4 other afts in a row and are needing a another room (mine would give them all in a row).

All that I will get is another aft 1 deck higher and there is not another inside next to it.There are no more afts on this deck except the 9C.

I told her to switch me to the 9C?? (larger room on each end of that same aft I am on) and she told me I would have to pay.So I told her no.PVP calls back and the people who want my room will give me a $100 OBC for the room and I still refused.Then its another call for $100 OBC plus steakhouse for 2.I again told her no.

I really don't want to move and I like my daughters nearby.

I am sort of peeved that I am being stuck in this situation.This is going to be uncomfortable if I don't move.She should have just told her clients another agent has the booking and not telling them they are in luck because its one of her clients.:mad:

So what would you do?

If they want it that bad and they already understand the desire to be next to freinds/family, I like the 9C for free and move the daughters also in a similar location to the new 9C cabin. Good luck!

Offering a perk to switch cabins would have been ok, as I see it the problem began when the PVP made it clear to the other party that she had booked a client into the cabin they wanted - and solicited $ from them to try to win the passenger over into relinquishing the cabin.

The amount of $ they were willing to put up doesn't necessarily equate to how much they wanted the cabin, or felt "entitled" to it. I have arrived early to a show to get the seat I want, and at the last minute had a large party come up & ask me to move over so they could sit together. No $ offered, but when I declined they were nasty and it was not pleasant sitting with hostility on either side. Some people just feel like they are more important than others - the party who wanted the OP's cabin may or may not be these kind of people.

Yes, similar situations have transpired for me....the plague of the single concert and movie attendee..happens now and then..we look nice..we usually are nice...but sometimes...:mad::mad::mad:!!!

If they want it that bad and they already understand the desire to be next to freinds/family, I like the 9C for free and move the daughters also in a similar location to the new 9C cabin. Good luck!

My vote exactly after all the PVP games...oops posted to soon..see following post..sorry..sarah

Archived