Whats it worth to you for my cabin? $$$

I have a cruise coming on the Dream, and lets just say its during college winter break.

I have an 8m aft and my college aged daughters are in one of the inside rooms directly opposite my cabin. (if you walk down the hall you walk past their door then straight into my door)

I have do not upgrade/move,ect on both rooms.correct number of passengers in both rooms as well.

PVP wants me to move because another of her customers family has the 3 or 4 other afts in a row and are needing a another room (mine would give them all in a row).

All that I will get is another aft 1 deck higher and there is not another inside next to it.There are no more afts on this deck except the 9C.

I told her to switch me to the 9C?? (larger room on each end of that same aft I am on) and she told me I would have to pay.So I told her no.PVP calls back and the people who want my room will give me a $100 OBC for the room and I still refused.Then its another call for $100 OBC plus steakhouse for 2.I again told her no.

I really don't want to move and I like my daughters nearby.

I am sort of peeved that I am being stuck in this situation.This is going to be uncomfortable if I don't move.She should have just told her clients another agent has the booking and not telling them they are in luck because its one of her clients.:mad:

So what would you do?

Stick to your guns. If you don't want to move don't I am concerned they will try to upgrade me. I have a 1a just under lido and really like the location. I am concerned they will try to move me to a regular inside and move me to the bottom of the ship. No I never thought to put a do not upgrade on my booking.

Ick, this puts you in a bad position as now you'll be seeing these folks on the way in and out of your cabin. Your PVP should never have shared any of this info with her other clients. At this point I'd ask to speak to a supervisor and explain that you've been put into a compromising position and ask for the 9C at no additional cost.

If the other group is so set on being all together they will have to move..;)

Not fair to you and your PVP has not offered anything better like upgrading your kids room along with yours so you stay the same.

What they are offering now is less than if I booked the other rate and let them choose my room.

I want the 9C a few cabins down,so I still can open my door and be looking right at my kids room.

But if the right amount of compensation is offered;) I would be open to many things,including being at opposite ends of the ship from my adult daughters. It is the being old enough to drink now issue that bothers me.:eek:

Difficult situation to be in, for sure, especially since they know your cabin #.:rolleyes: I don't know what to tell you to do, but the other people won't die if they're not right next to each other.

I had a situation where I booked one of the L-shaped cabins with the larger balcony over a year in advance of my cruise next week. A few months ago I went into my booking and they had moved me...no communication about it or anything! I callled and asked why...they had no clue (and of course they had rebooked it). They offered me a bottle of wine and photo coupons:rolleyes: Nope. They offered me $50 OBC...nope. $100 OBC...nope. It took me 4 days and several levels of people, but I ended up with a suite:D Unfortunately, you don't have the leverage I do, because this is not a Carnival screw up, but you don't HAVE to give up the cabin you booked either...

Ick, this puts you in a bad position as now you'll be seeing these folks on the way in and out of your cabin. Your PVP should never have shared any of this info with her other clients. At this point I'd ask to speak to a supervisor and explain that you've been put into a compromising position and ask for the 9C at no additional cost.

I sort of did, so she put the 9C on hold while she see's what the other people want to do and asked me to not speak to a supervisor yet. $160 value so far does not make up the huge difference for that 9C.

I sort of did, so she put the 9C on hold while she see's what the other people want to do and asked me to not speak to a supervisor yet. $160 value so far does not make up the huge difference for that 9C.

Stick to your guns.. and hold out for the 9C:D

I'd stick to my guns until the reward is sufficient for you.

But, ya' know, I wouldn't feel awkward around your neighbors. It was they who were pushing the issue and they obvioulsy understand the value of being near friends/family - so they should understand your decision.

Anyway, how often do you really see your cruise neighbors anyway? Not much.

Go, enjoy, and don't worry about it.

I'd stick to my guns until the reward is sufficient for you.

But, ya' know, I wouldn't feel awkward around your neighbors. It was they who were pushing the issue and they obvioulsy understand the value of being near friends/family - so they should understand your decision.

Anyway, how often do you really see your cruise neighbors anyway? Not much.

Go, enjoy, and don't worry about it.

Our cruise neighbors ended up being our table mates. No, we didn't know them before hand, didn't link the bookings.

Hang in there. You booked the rooms you wanted for a reason. I have a cruise coming up and have booked my son and his GF next door. If I had to move, both cabins would have to be re-assigned.

I like the convenience of dropping a note in their mailbox when we go out, or tapping the door when we all head to dinner. I wouldn't move unless I liked the new location better for both of us...

I would be really aggravated with the PVP.

Our cruise neighbors ended up being our table mates. No, we didn't know them before hand, didn't link the bookings.

Also with the aft balconies you see your neighbours every time you are out on the balcony ... as they are slanted..;)

I feel for you. The number one rule is FIRST COME FIRST SERVED!!!!

You got that cabin first and they should just admit defeat and deal with it....So what if they can`t have all the cabins in a row..Too bad, you called and booked first. If they can`t meet your requirements, too bad so sad...stay where you are and let the others pick four cabins open elsewhere on the ship.

That your travel agent told her other clients you had the cabin they want & now you will be in the middle of the group - does put you in an awkward situation. Especially with the balconies being less private than the ones with the solid dividers between them.

I don't think it was fair of the travel agent to do this to you. Hold out for the aft wrap, and I would also let the travel agent know you didn't appreciate the way this was handled & he or she may lose you as a client in the future if the situation isn't rectified. Your desire to be close to your daughters is no less important than the other client's wish to be place in adjoining cabins. And you had booked the cabins first.

I feel for you. The number one rule is FIRST COME FIRST SERVED!!!!

You got that cabin first and they should just admit defeat and deal with it....So what if they can`t have all the cabins in a row..Too bad, you called and booked first. If they can`t meet your requirements, too bad so sad...stay where you are and let the others pick four cabins open elsewhere on the ship.

Amen..they really handled this poorly..new PVP??..wow...

I am very sorry you got put in this position. The way this has been handled by your PVP is NOT in the least bit professional, and, if you keep your booking, has the potential of souring your whole cruise if you cabin neighboors decide to act less than pleasantly about the whole ordeal.

I'd call you PVP back, explain EXACTLY what you want, explain that you pretty much need that upgrade to the 9C now, or need her to find an inside room on the other deck she can put you on to move your daughter to, as you're now worried that if you keep your current cabin her other clients may very well try to ruin your vacation. I'd also point out that if the other clients do try to ruin your vacation it will be solely the PVP's fault for disclosing your personal booking information to his/her other clients and that if the situation is not remidied in a way you find acceptable you will esclate the issue up the chain of command at Carnival until it is. Such a threat may be just the incintive your PVP needs to move heaven and earth to get you that upgrade!

Archived