Whats it worth to you for my cabin? $$$

I just got an email from the PVP that the courtesy hold on that cabin 9C is about to expire and if I have any further interest I should contact her asap.Also I should do it before 4pm today as she is leaving and will not be back until Wednesday.:eek:

So, you just stay where you are.

The onus is on them, not on you. I wouldnt let it bother me either.

I just got an email from the PVP that the courtesy hold on that cabin 9C is about to expire and if I have any further interest I should contact her asap.Also I should do it before 4pm today as she is leaving and will not be back until Wednesday.:eek:

It's a sales tactic. She is trying to pressure you into making a decision right now. PVPs routinely answer calls & emails from home. If she wanted to, she could easily give you her cell (many PVPs do) or she could check her emails & messages from home. It's crap.

I hope you end up losing this PVP no matter how it turns out.

Tell them no and then tell them again....and just to be sure I would tell them that the cabin I booked is the cabin I expect to be in when I board......as there is no telling what sort of nonsense they could pull.

I would call every other day to confirm the cabin if need be......

Why? If they could ask something like this of you...you just never know..

CHANGE THAT PVP IMMEDIATELY.... Call and ask for a Supervisor... I never heard of such a thing and I have been in customer service for 31 years...

This PVP had absolutely no right to tell these other people that he can call/move you, no right to call you and ask you to move, no right to tell you NOT to call the Supervisor etc. Also, I'm a bit confused, who is the PVP saying will give you the $100 OBC? If its the other passengers, how can they do that? Do you trust them or your PVP at this point to do it if you said yes?

I would absolutely pick up the phone 1st thing tomorrow morning and call and ask for a Supervisor. Make sure you get that persons name, have all the information available to explain what has been asked of you and stand your ground.

I'm thinking that a Supervisor will move not only you but your daughter also to cabins that are satisfactory to you AND offer you some kind of OBC for poor customer service... Please call and let us know what happens...

And, at the very least, if you do wind up staying in the same cabin, as another poster said, if you happen to see these neighbors and they mention something to you, play dumb, "Huh, I knew nothing about you guys wanting this cabin, etc"... blame it on the PVP... he/she doesn't deserve your business...

better yet...just say you don't know what they are talking about and that you just booked these cabins...LAST WEEK!!!! LOL

Leaving from where? She must be emailing you from home, the pvp department is not open on the weekend. Also, I would not trust her. there is just something not right about this and the way she is trying to proceed. If the other passengers were giving you an obc, she would have to obtain the money somehow and put it on your booking ...

Take the advice of the others here... call her supervisor tomorrow and get things straightened out...

My former PVP worked from home and usually didn't have scheduled hours on Mondays and Tuesdays. She usually worked W-Su but I did have her cell just in case I wanted to make a new booking on a Mon or Tues.

I feel for you. Thats why we book early, we have 4 cabins in a row that we can all open up the balcony doors. My daughter is going and I want her next door. I would be furious if they changed by room. They need to step up the plate on this one. As far as your pvp I would find another one,

It does seem odd. Personally this PVP may have given these people the "ideal" of you changing rooms when they wanted to add someone else. They may not be bad people that's going to be rude to you when they see them because you didn't give up your room.

But the PVP should have NEVER said you were her client and she would see if you would give up your room. Then tell you that YOU may have to PAY more for another room. It doesn't work that way. They need to upgrade you and your kids for free. Plus with this PVP giving out your room number to people you don't know is a security out point. These people may be the nicest people in the world, but you don't know that.

I don't even give my room number to people here on CC. I would go to a supervisor and get this worked out. I'm sure Carnival has rules on not giving out personal data to other guests and this PVP has just done that. Not a good thing.

Hope this works out for you. By the way those Aft. Wrap Arounds are GREAT!!! Booked one once, want to do it again....

You currently have the cabin you wanted, and you are in a good location to keep an eye on the college age drinking children. On a Christmas sailing it may be difficult for Carnival to move you to another ideal location at this late date. Don't give up your cabin. Don't give in to pressure from the PVP.

Do contact a supervisor tomorrow (Monday) and ask why this is happening. The PVP's response to another customer's request should have simply been that your cabin was not available. She/he could then have contacted you to see if you were interested in some kind of moving deal, and if so, the other clients could have been contacted as a result.

The PVP has basically put you in the middle of a bidding war. Not good customer relations. However, no real confidential information was given out, no names or identities. Yep, you may have neighbors that glare across their balcony at the person who wouldn't give up your room.

Definitely contact the supervisor and let them know you are concerned about how this is being handled.

You currently have the cabin you wanted, and you are in a good location to keep an eye on the college age drinking children. On a Christmas sailing it may be difficult for Carnival to move you to another ideal location at this late date. Don't give up your cabin. Don't give in to pressure from the PVP.

Do contact a supervisor tomorrow (Monday) and ask why this is happening. The PVP's response to another customer's request should have simply been that your cabin was not available. She/he could then have contacted you to see if you were interested in some kind of moving deal, and if so, the other clients could have been contacted as a result.

The PVP has basically put you in the middle of a bidding war. Not good customer relations. However, no real confidential information was given out, no names or identities. Yep, you may have neighbors that glare across their balcony at the person who wouldn't give up your room.

Definitely contact the supervisor and let them know you are concerned about how this is being handled.

Well if we think about it,there is no proof that any of this has happened.

By the tone of the email,the way it was written and the content it appears that the PVP was just fielding a possible request or inquiry on how much the 9C would cost me. The term "courtesy hold" and "further interest" sum it up. It is now going to appear that I was not happy with the price of the upgrade and that is why I am not happy. I have zero proof.:mad: A few phone calls first and when I asked for all written corespondence,I got that email.

What can I say to a supervisor?:confused: That the PVP can't deny.

By the tone of the email,the way it was written and the content it appears that the PVP was just fielding a possible request or inquiry on how much the 9C would cost me. The term "courtesy hold" and "further interest" sum it up. It is now going to appear that I was not happy with the price of the upgrade and that is why I am not happy. I have zero proof.:mad: A few phone calls first and when I asked for all written corespondence,I got that email.

The supervisor should be able to see all of the bookings (and the 9C hold) and see that it was all done by the same PVP. Then the supervisor can add 1 + 1 and come up with 9C!

I would call . There is no reason that you should know a group booked around you and I would guess a supervisor should know that ans will piece together the truth.

Very good point.

I think if you repeat to the supervisor what you wrote in your opening post, plus you have the email from the PVP regarding the aft wrap, there is plenty there to back up what you are telling her.

I think the push to get you moved has ended.

The cruisers do not want to pay to move you.

The PVP has realized that they put themselves in an unethical position to help some clients that have since proven to want something for nothing. The clients probably think that since they booked multiple cabins the PVP should just make this happen.

PVP has learned a lesson here. I would just let it drop. Your cruising neighbors will probably not remember any of this or feel sheepish for being cheap and pushy.

It probably is all over if you let be.

I just started reading your post and I agree with the other responders stick to your guns. Don't move unless they offer you and your daughters an equal or better arrangement. As for any additional cost involved,you should not pay a cent more, any cost should be absorbed by the PVP who booked your rooms.

When reading through the posts, when you said the PVP said don't talk to a supervisor. BIG! BIG! GIANT! RED FLAG. My very next call would be to a supervisor or even their supervisor. That kind of thing makes me furious because when they say that, they KNOW they did something wrong and don't want to be called up for it.

I absolutely refuse to pay for other peoples mistakes. I've had to pay for enough of my own.

Good luck to you and your family. What ever happens, enjoy your cruise and timewith your daughters.

Why would someone make up such a story??? I don't think there is any question that the supervisor would believe you. Maybe it can't be proven but the supervisor needs to have a chat with that PVP in regards to ethical booking practices.

p.s. In absence of getting the 9c, if you stay with your cabin and the neighbors mention something to you just play dumb... "nope, I was never asked to move". of course 'you would have gladly moved if asked' ::wink wink::

Great Idea, I love it !!

O K I am going to weigh in on this one as it is in my area of expertise!!!...

The agent you have representing you on this cruise should be repramended severly for this action as it is totally wrong, unethical and unprofessional...

You should never ever be made feel uncomfortable on your cruise and your personal information should have never been shared with that other family going on the cruise..

I would very quickly call Carnival and request to speak with the P.V.P's supervisor and explain what this individula did to you and your family and the fact that that person has now not only made you feel very uncomfortable on your upcoming vacation (which you should never ever feel that way as this is a vaction to relax and feel happy and have fun!!)...

But also violated your information and the right to that privacy to others you do not have a clue as to who they are and if they could possibly cause issues for you and your family while on the cruise...

Also Carnival's policy states clearly that your minor passengers must be on the same deck as you and depending on their ages must be either across the hall from your cabin or just a few cabins from your but definately on the same deck...

That is not a very good person or P.V.P. to be exposing your personal information to someone else you do not even know...

I would so be telling a supervisor so very much all of this!!!

And quickly!!!

p.s. In absence of getting the 9c, if you stay with your cabin and the neighbors mention something to you just play dumb... "nope, I was never asked to move". of course 'you would have gladly moved if asked' ::wink wink::

Great Idea, I love it !!

As long as they are not CC member and reading this thread ! lol

Archived