Whats it worth to you for my cabin? $$$

I would be looking for a new PVP and not shy about telling the current one why.

Couldn't agree more. I would stay put unless they game me the deal I wanted and I wouldn't feel awkward at all with my neighbors.

I think you can do better. Last year on Conquest we were offered an extra $500 to move 4 of us from an aft wrap and aft balcony to a GS. We said no - and then they came back with OBC to move to the GS. They must have really wanted those cabins.

the PVPs have always been notorious for their tactics and they do tend to operate just outside of what other Carnival agents can do. They do try to offer more than they know they can do. "anything" to make the sale. I like my aft balconies as well and prefer not to move. Though, the next time they call, ask to speak to guest solutions (ask the pvp to conf call if they try to avoid it) Find out how much more these guest would be actually paying for your cabin if you weren't in it. If they are paying more, ask for the 9C and tell them you don't see why they should collect the additional revenue and make u pay more for the 9C. At that point they should just give you the 9C or they'll finally leave you alone. :D

i'm really perturbed that the PVP would put YOU in such a bad situation, it's not her job to change YOUR vacation, it's her job to give you the vacation you paid for. you paid for that room, its yours. if she wants to move you bad enough she will put you in a room that you find to be an acceptable switch, if not, sucks for the PVP, she should have booked all of their rooms at the same time or in the same section.

I would go to the Supervisor. The PVP asked you not to. That is a red flag right there that the PVP may be doing something unethical. What the PVP is asking may be a fireable offense. The Supervisor will probably immediately give you the 9C AND OBC.

Do not deal with the PVP anymore, you have been insulted by this person.

so, let me get this right.....

they want cabins so they are all together, just as you wanted cabins so you are all together. So, they are prepared to boot you away, so they get what they want???

So, if they had the cabins all together, would one move away because you and your girls wanted to be near? No way.... they would not move. There is your answer.

I would move ONLY if you and your girls are upgraded and a few benifits thrown in

I would go to the Supervisor. The PVP asked you not to. That is a red flag right there that the PVP may be doing something unethical. What the PVP is asking may be a fireable offense. The Supervisor will probably immediately give you the 9C AND OBC.

This! If the PVP said Please don't call my supervisor about this let's see what we can work out, that probably means the PVP shouldn't have done it in the first place!

I also agree that at this point, those who want your cabin are going to know you refused to give it to them, and it's not like you are in a place where you can pack up and leave if they get really nasty about it. I also wonder where this falls in the realm with Carnival's Privacy Policy.

I would be MAD at the whole situation and wouldn't give up a thing to that PVP. If I was in your shoes, I would call the general Carnival number and not go threw your PVP for anything else for the booking, to the point where I would see if the supervisor could switch PVP's for me and take away the current PVP's credit for the sale, esp after her letting other passengers know she knows who you are!

Stick to your guns and don't give in unless it is a great offer AND compensates for you for your current room AND your daughters room!

This! If the PVP said Please don't call my supervisor about this let's see what we can work out, that probably means the PVP shouldn't have done it in the first place!

I also agree that at this point, those who want your cabin are going to know you refused to give it to them, and it's not like you are in a place where you can pack up and leave if they get really nasty about it. I also wonder where this falls in the realm with Carnival's Privacy Policy.

I would be MAD at the whole situation and wouldn't give up a thing to that PVP. If I was in your shoes, I would call the general Carnival number and not go threw your PVP for anything else for the booking, to the point where I would see if the supervisor could switch PVP's for me and take away the current PVP's credit for the sale, esp after her letting other passengers know she knows who you are!

Stick to your guns and don't give in unless it is a great offer AND compensates for you for your current room AND your daughters room!

This is exactly what i was going to say.

#1: Call the 1800 # and ask for the supervisor

#2: explain the situation and ask for what YOU want and not what the PVP is willing to give

#3: i would go in great detail about breach of privacy and security

THIS is the time for you to yell-scream-and kick for your rights now. Personally, I wouldn't want to be in that cabin with those people next door. You never know what or could happen. You want to feel safe and stress free on your vacation not worrying about if the people next door are the ones starting up this mess.

*Shakes head* I can't believe that PVP. I'm sooo sorry. :o

Please keep us informed.

Kristy:)

p.s. In absence of getting the 9c, if you stay with your cabin and the neighbors mention something to you just play dumb... "nope, I was never asked to move". of course 'you would have gladly moved if asked' ::wink wink::

I have a cruise coming on the Dream, and lets just say its during college winter break.

I have an 8m aft and my college aged daughters are in one of the inside rooms directly opposite my cabin. (if you walk down the hall you walk past their door then straight into my door)

I have do not upgrade/move,ect on both rooms.correct number of passengers in both rooms as well.

PVP wants me to move because another of her customers family has the 3 or 4 other afts in a row and are needing a another room (mine would give them all in a row).

All that I will get is another aft 1 deck higher and there is not another inside next to it.There are no more afts on this deck except the 9C.

I told her to switch me to the 9C?? (larger room on each end of that same aft I am on) and she told me I would have to pay.So I told her no.PVP calls back and the people who want my room will give me a $100 OBC for the room and I still refused.Then its another call for $100 OBC plus steakhouse for 2.I again told her no.

I really don't want to move and I like my daughters nearby.

I am sort of peeved that I am being stuck in this situation.This is going to be uncomfortable if I don't move.She should have just told her clients another agent has the booking and not telling them they are in luck because its one of her clients.:mad:

So what would you do?

if my pot wasn't sweetened enough, i'd tell them to move to another ship or sailing.

personally, if i were stand alone, i would just move to another like cabin, unless there was a specific reason i wanted that cabin. but i once booked a cabin specific room, and was moved unknowingly. it was an aft room, and they moved me up 2 decks. never found out why, and almost had a fit until i found out it was aft for aft.

guestsolutionssupport@carnival.com (individual bookings)

· Assist with servicing any individual reservation issues that require

escalation.

I would email a brief description of what you are being asked to do.

I would not give 100% details but just enough to grab a supervisors attention so that you get an immediate reply back.

As for me personally I would put something like .. Unethically PVP Practices .. as the subject line.

Good luck.

Something is not right here. The PVP saying you'll have to pay to be inconvenienced? Th other clients are offering OBC? The PVP not wanting you to talk to a Sypervisor? At the very least she screwed up by telling her other clients she knew who had your room, at the worst she is possibly making deals under the table. Talk to her supervisor now.

PS - I wouldn't move.

I agree with the others - hang in there for what you feel would be sufficient compensation to move. Makes me wonder if you will ever use that PVP again! :p

CHANGE THAT PVP IMMEDIATELY.... Call and ask for a Supervisor... I never heard of such a thing and I have been in customer service for 31 years...

This PVP had absolutely no right to tell these other people that he can call/move you, no right to call you and ask you to move, no right to tell you NOT to call the Supervisor etc. Also, I'm a bit confused, who is the PVP saying will give you the $100 OBC? If its the other passengers, how can they do that? Do you trust them or your PVP at this point to do it if you said yes?

I would absolutely pick up the phone 1st thing tomorrow morning and call and ask for a Supervisor. Make sure you get that persons name, have all the information available to explain what has been asked of you and stand your ground.

I'm thinking that a Supervisor will move not only you but your daughter also to cabins that are satisfactory to you AND offer you some kind of OBC for poor customer service... Please call and let us know what happens...

And, at the very least, if you do wind up staying in the same cabin, as another poster said, if you happen to see these neighbors and they mention something to you, play dumb, "Huh, I knew nothing about you guys wanting this cabin, etc"... blame it on the PVP... he/she doesn't deserve your business...

I think you can do better. Last year on Conquest we were offered an extra $500 to move 4 of us from an aft wrap and aft balcony to a GS. We said no - and then they came back with OBC to move to the GS. They must have really wanted those cabins.

I wish, the main problem is this is the Christmas sailing.:eek:

The cost of that Vista aft now versus what I paid when I booked is over $900 and there are no other vista's available that week.That room was about $300 more when I booked quite some time ago and the rates have gone way up since even for that week.

I told the PVP to email me regarding anything further on this so I have a paper trail. I have my phone off so she will have no choice.

Someone else mentioned taking a cruise on another week.I have the last 2 weeks of December and almost all of January so I am not against it.:)

Tossing that out will be my ace in the hole.

We had friends going on this trip but he cancelled months ago and I figured I would still go.

I would let them know either the 9C or no deal, and then I would talk to their supervisor for putting you in that position

I totally agree and I would also be talking to a supervisor regardless of how the situation turns out - this should never have happened. The room was not available when the other people tried to book it and it should've been left at that.

I totally agree and I would also be talking to a supervisor regardless of how the situation turns out - this should never have happened. The room was not available when the other people tried to book it and it should've been left at that.

I just got an email from the PVP that the courtesy hold on that cabin 9C is about to expire and if I have any further interest I should contact her asap.Also I should do it before 4pm today as she is leaving and will not be back until Wednesday.:eek:

I just got an email from the PVP that the courtesy hold on that cabin 9C is about to expire and if I have any further interest I should contact her asap.Also I should do it before 4pm today as she is leaving and will not be back until Wednesday.:eek:

Leaving from where? She must be emailing you from home, the pvp department is not open on the weekend. Also, I would not trust her. there is just something not right about this and the way she is trying to proceed. If the other passengers were giving you an obc, she would have to obtain the money somehow and put it on your booking ...

Take the advice of the others here... call her supervisor tomorrow and get things straightened out...

Archived