Snowed In

bphman

Eight inches of snow. No Electric. Won't be on until at least Wednesday. No heat. Can't get out of the driveway with trees down. IT'S ONLY OCTOBER! IN NEW JERSEY! But at least I have my January cruise on the Marina to look forward to.

Eight inches of snow. No Electric. Won't be on until at least Wednesday. No heat. Can't get out of the driveway with trees down. IT'S ONLY OCTOBER! IN NEW JERSEY! But at least I have my January cruise on the Marina to look forward to.

Maybe you should consider a move to sunny CA? The forecast is for a comfortable 75 and sunny today :)

Seriously though, I hope you get your electricity back sooner - you don't know how much you need it, until you don't have it!

Our neighbours just drove home from VA last night said it was a mess in some areas

Hope you get heat on soon

Even Canada is warmer :D

We are a sunny 50F here today though parts of Ontario are not so lucky

Hope you have travel insurance

Lyn

Ahhh, Paul, you are up there in the "frigid" northern part of the state...

Down here? I got a pretty good sunburn yesterday afternoon at the Bruin game...High of 85°...the prediction for today is 87°!!!

Steve, you are right but I can't complain :)

Now, if the 49ers can win today, I would even settle for 50's :D

Paul, didnt realize you lived up north..we have our daughter and her family in Marin..both her boys are at Cal..looks like you will get your wish about the 49'ers

I do and love it - no beter place for me in this world (maybe Switzerland but I am not moving :)).

Go Niners!

Still no power. Four days and counting. Only 48 degrees in the house. Actually had our puppy sleep in the bed with us last night. This is something I would never do but I was worried he might freeze. My consolation is that each passing day brings us one day closed to the Marina. I can fell that Caribbean sun now.

Still no power. Four days and counting. Only 48 degrees in the house. Actually had our puppy sleep in the bed with us last night. This is something I would never do but I was worried he might freeze. My consolation is that each passing day brings us one day closed to the Marina. I can fell that Caribbean sun now.

My cat always sleeps with us. I woke up in the middle of the night shining a flashlight and she skeedaddled, hasn't come near me since. Thank goodness the power is now back on.:o

Just think how warm your puppy kept you - their body temperature is several degrees higher than ours - they are regular "heating blankets" :D

Hope you get your power back soon!

We finally got our lights back early Friday. I want to sincerely thank Elliot Inc. from upstate New York and Georgia Power for leaving their families and coming to our aid. We were fortunate to not suffer a great loss of life such as occurred in Joplin, MO, Alabama, or other areas throughout the country but property loss was high. This came essentially on the back of Hurricane Irene. Utility companies from the entire eastern seaboard to Florida and Alabama and as far west as Michigan came to our aid. It is gratifying to see the mutual aid the we Americans extend to each other. I cannot say Thank You enough. God bless them all.

Archived