Important to know

Newleno

Well our first 6 cruises were on NCL, each were fine but there were some issues and NCL did not seem to care about solving them.

Even though we liked the freestyle concept, we heard other cruiselines now offer similar dining options. Since our issues were never resolved we decided to give someone else a try to win our business. Our last 3 cruises were on Celebrity, Royal Carribbean, and our latest panama canal cruise on Holland America.

We found that NCL actually ranked 4th out of the cruiselines we have sailed on.

Please dont marry your cruiseline, try to find the best over all value, I am not saying we will not sail NCL again if the price is right, but NCL will be our last option.

Well our first 6 cruises were on NCL, each were fine but there were some issues and NCL did not seem to care about solving them.

Even though we liked the freestyle concept, we heard other cruiselines now offer similar dining options. Since our issues were never resolved we decided to give someone else a try to win our business. Our last 3 cruises were on Celebrity, Royal Carribbean, and our latest panama canal cruise on Holland America.

Please dont marry your cruiseline, try to find the best over all value, I am not saying we will not sail NCL again if the price is right, but NCL will be our last option.

Glad to see that you found a cruise line that meshes with your personality. Better to put ourselves into a good situation than to complain about a bad one.

Shame that you didn't mention what your concerns were or why you don't think they were properly addressed. Many times people are just disappointed in an outcome because it didn't go their way.

Glad to hear that you did like the freestyle concept...even though it really isn't a concept...freestyle is just how we all live our lives day to day. Wear what you want, do what you want, eat when you want, eat where you want...whats not to like, right?

Hopefully, you will enjoy your cruise experiences on your new cruise line of choice. And, FWIW, "marrying" a cruise line isn't a bad thing...if someone finds something they like, something that meets their needs, something that gives them enjoyment, why not "marry" it? People can be far happier in a good place than they can if they are always searching for a better place...the grass isn't always greener...

Glad you got a chance to try other lines. There are lots and lots of similarities in cruising all of them, and a few differences on each one.

I love Celebrity for its amenities and food, so tried HAL for an itinerary, thinking it would be comparable, and didn't like it that much. Tried Princess for the same reason and it was okay (certainly would cruise them again if the price were okay), kind of half way between Celebrity and NCL when you choose any time dining. But there is nothing like the FUN of NCL. Still want to try RCCL if I can get a deal!

May I ask what the purpose and point of your post is ???

May I ask what the purpose and point of your post is ???

Dont marry your cruiseline, go for the best overall deal, we thought NCL was great until we gave others a try and then realized that NCL was only ok. The food on NCL was very mediocre compared to all other cruiselines we traveled. Other cruiselines are not so hoky, like that washy washy stuff, the constant announcements by the cruise director, the hype of the epic which is so bad a ship that ncl cancelled plans to build two other sister ships, etc.

Basically after 6 cruises we did not realize we were missing anything until we traveled on another cruiseline. Now NCL ranks fourth.

Dont marry your cruiseline, go for the best overall deal, we thought NCL was great until we gave others a try and then realized that NCL was only ok. The food on NCL was very mediocre compared to all other cruiselines we traveled. Other cruiselines are not so hoky, like that washy washy stuff, the constant announcements by the cruise director, the hype of the epic which is so bad a ship that ncl cancelled plans to build two other sister ships, etc.

Basically after 6 cruises we did not realize we were missing anything until we traveled on another cruiseline. Now NCL ranks fourth.

Sorry you didn't like the Epic. It was by far our favourite! I do branch out and sail others, now that they have anytime/my time/your time dining, but realized when we came back to NCL that the others are just copying NCL's winning idea, but don't have ships built to actually run it properly. Really felt like I'd come home again when we sailed on the Epic. I now have another 4 NCL cruises booked.

Enjoy your other line :)

Don't you think your issues with NCL have indeed clouded your objectivity and you might have a teensy weensy vendetta? I know if I go to the same restaurant 6 times I must have found enough to like to keep going back. Go on the other 3 cruiselines each 5 more times, then get back with us, ok?

After 5 cruiselines and 13 cruises, we now rank NCL at the top.

I agree. As our signature lists, we tried RCCL first, CCL next, NCL after that on the Jewel, then Princess once for a new ship and the second time for the iten. We decided on NCL for our 25th wedding anniversary. Freestyle done right is NCL. It is like a real vacation. I can relax.

I've been on 4 NCL cruises, one Celebrity and one Carnival (my first). I was most disappointed with the Celebrity -- with all its talk about service and cuisine, what we found lacking was service and cuisine! I have yet to be disappointed with NCL - there may be things that I choose to overlook every once in awhile, but all-in-all I have a wonderful time with NCL.

The MOST important thing to know is that Chicago style pizza is way better than New York style.

Or wait, maybe it 's that New York is way better than Chicago?

Crap. Now I gotta go try them again. Wait right here.

The MOST important thing to know is that Chicago style pizza is way better than New York style.

Or wait, maybe it 's that New York is way better than Chicago?

Crap. Now I gotta go try them again. Wait right here.

New Yawk, baby!

You were right the first time :D

ehhhh...says you. :D

regarding this thread. i'll stick with the originators of Freestyle. for a company that has a much smaller percentage of the cruising market, NCL sure is making waves!

dare to be different NCL!

My signature indicates that I have tried other cruiselines, I am elite status on Celebrity and Royal Carribean (diamond)...

NCL is our cruiseline of choice...we love the freestyle...we did my time dining on RCL...it was fine...we had the same table everynight and the same waiter, we loved him...that being said...I enjoy all my cruises..

I've even cruised Carnival although posters on all the other boards will tell you not to, party ship, booze cruise, lousey food...well I think not, my cruise on the Carnival Pride was perhaps one of the best and most memorable that I have done...

I love the Epic and will cruise her again in the near future, it is by the best entertainment on the high seas...

Most people on these boards have cruised other lines...and yet we all return to Norwegain...I am not a cheerleader for the cruiseline..I think most people have enough experience cruising that they are able to choose their favorite lines based on what there specific requirements are....

Thanks for the warning I still choose Norwegain as my cruiseline of choice.

I agree. As our signature lists, we tried RCCL first, CCL next, NCL after that on the Jewel, then Princess once for a new ship and the second time for the iten. We decided on NCL for our 25th wedding anniversary. Freestyle done right is NCL. It is like a real vacation. I can relax.

Come back and let us know about the Dawn...I am cruising her next year...Bon Voyage....

started out on "X" moved to CCL and then RCCL and for the last 9 cruises with 4 more booked we are MOST HAPPY with NCL!!

i think for alot of repeat NCL cruisers and ones that 'hang-out' at this board we know we are HAPPY to keep cruising with them and dont need to look elsewhere.

probably that would be a good post for the general cruise board to let everyone know not to be afraid to try other lines.

RAH RAH NCL...guess i am a CHEERLEADER:)

And after approximately seventy cruises and forty on NCL, NCL ranks first. Who made you the expert, or is your desire to disparage NCL overcoming your common sense ??

I love NCL, but have not cruised other lines, and thank you for posting this, as it's something I've been thinking about. I have no idea where NCL will land on my comparisson list, but I think we need to know if we are missing something by trying some other lines.

I don't want to go to a line that only offers assigned dining times, and it still needs to be in the NCL price bracket (give a few hundred). That's my only criteria. I'm leaning towards checking out Celebrity or Royal Caribbean next time. I admittedly have a Carnival bias based on the 80s and 90s cheesy funship thing.

We are "married" to NCL with 15 cruises completed and 16 and 17 already booked. Food is subjective and well we loved the Epic so much that we cruised her twice in 7 months. Everything you mention is what we like. It's all a matter of opinion. Glad there are choices, but for me NCL keeps us happy and we don't have an interest in trying other lines.

I love NCL, but have not cruised other lines, and thank you for posting this, as it's something I've been thinking about. I have no idea where NCL will land on my comparisson list, but I think we need to know if we are missing something by trying some other lines.

I don't want to go to a line that only offers assigned dining times, and it still needs to be in the NCL price bracket (give a few hundred). That's my only criteria. I'm leaning towards checking out Celebrity or Royal Caribbean next time. I admittedly have a Carnival bias based on the 80s and 90s cheesy funship thing.

You'll be back :D

We were in the same boat as you and also tried other lines . They all had thier goods and bads but NCL puts out a better product . Dont get me started on CCL;)

Archived