Burj A Arab

Skeezics

We stayed at the Burj in 2007 and it is a magnificent hotel in all regards. In 2005 we attended a Regent event at the Burj, an evening cocktail reception which was also first class. I have never eaten a meal or attended a tea there...but would imagine it is also very impressive.

I had tea there with friends prior to a cruise from Dubai on Silversea, and it was fun, and the only way to get into the hotel to my knowledge if you are not staying there. It was expensive, but copious amounts of food were served at tea, and we dressed according to their code, the ladies even wore hats! Would do it again as a first time experience. After tea, we all went up to the top in the elevator for great views around the water.

What I enjoyed as much was a dune buggy ride, and dinner in the dunes later, with all sorts of food, and belly dancer. Beautiful sunset, camel rides, it was lovely.

I would recommend having lunch there over the tea.

Keith

I would respectfully disagree. If you do the High Tea, which we did in 2010, it is essentially the same as lunch. It is held (or at least it was then) in the lounge at the top of the hotel. It starts with a glass of very, very nice (and expensive) champagne and is followed by far more food (which is constantly refreshed) than I think I have ever eaten at any tea ever in my life. We certainly did not need dinner that night! Yes it is pricey, but as another poster pointed out, it is the only way onto the grounds if you are not staying there, and it is one of those "once in a lifetime" experiences you won't regret. And having said that, yes we will do it again if we ever get the opportunity.

Keith, we were there at 4, tea time, after doing touring around the city in the morning and early afternoon. Any reason you recommend this? I did notice some "groups" in side rooms for tea the day we were there. We were in the area where the middle just soars to the top. Have to say, we were starved when we got there, and full when we left!

We will be in Dubai next month. After a lot of research I determined that both "Tea" and "Lunch" were dramatically overpriced at the Burj. This is especially true when you have completed a 3 week cruise on Regent with wonderful food, "Tea", etc. We are looking forward to trying wonderful, local food in Dubai. JMHO.

Of course they are, TC, and you should do that you want to do. I just wanted to see this hotel, that's all. Don't know what" local foods" you are looking for in Dubai. Please tell us when you get there.

Thanks for all the great responses. Have decided on the Ultimate Tea due to time constraints. Fits better into the day. Will book the Skyview Bar area. I can't imagine going to Dubai and not visiting the Burj. Not so much about the food, but about the experience....example, Christmas tea at the Peninsula in Hong Kong.

Thanks for all the great responses. Have decided on the Ultimate Tea due to time constraints. Fits better into the day. Will book the Skyview Bar area. I can't imagine going to Dubai and not visiting the Burj. Not so much about the food, but about the experience....example, Christmas tea at the Peninsula in Hong Kong.

I am glad that you were able to decide which would work better for you. Be sure to make reservations as soon as you can so you are sure to get the reservations you want as often they fill up.

Keith

Keith, we were there at 4, tea time, after doing touring around the city in the morning and early afternoon. Any reason you recommend this? I did notice some "groups" in side rooms for tea the day we were there. We were in the area where the middle just soars to the top. Have to say, we were starved when we got there, and full when we left!

Thank you for asking my opinion.

There really is no right or wrong when it comes to this. I am not sure why one would disagree, even respectfully. In the end folks should pick the venue that works better for them. But that's alway my view. There is no right or wrong on this.

We went with two other couples and felt that the lunch worked very well for us and also for our schedules. We were able to have lunch at 12:00 Noon and if I remember the tea didn't begin until 1:00 PM and we just felt it would be a better set up for the six of us.

I have friends who went there for dinner and they also had a delightful evening.

Probably next time we'll try another venue just to mix it up.

Keith

We actually made dinner reservations on line before our trip in 2007. Splurged on pre-dinner drinks in the Skyview bar, and dinner in Al Mahara. Unbelievable views in the bar and excellent food in the restaurant. If the ship is there overnight, I recommend trying to get in for drinks in the Skyview.

Archived