Don't Call it a "Review".....

DTXCruiser

This is "Cruise Critic".....I get that.

But when posting a "review " of your cruise...don't call it a review or even elude to the fact that is is a review if you are simply crying about an itinerary or how your kids were bored, etc. etc....

I want to read REAL reviews.....the good and the bad. But when it's bad...consider what it is. For example....don't rant on and on about how "bad" you think the food is....that is a very subjective topic. Now....if the food was consistently cold or moldy, or something of that nature....then that's something I want to know.

Also...if you "hated" something or "didn't care" for something....tell us why, specifically. I don't know how many times I have read...."the music show was horrible, the worst I have seen!".....then nothing. Why? Did they mess up? Was the sound bad? Are you a classical fan and it was rock and roll??

On the other hand, if you just "loved" something, tell us why.

Without reasons and fair "review" these posts don't do anyone any good.

Be fair to yourself and to everyone reading the review....if you are fair and accurate, you will get nothing but "thanks" from readers.

I agree, sometimes people just want to vent and call their posting a "Review" because maybe to them it is a review of their experiences.

However . . . not very helpful to people looking for real information.

this is "cruise critic".....i get that.

But when posting a "review " of your cruise...don't call it a review or even elude to the fact that is is a review if you are simply crying about an itinerary or how your kids were bored, etc. Etc....

I want to read real reviews.....the good and the bad. But when it's bad...consider what it is. For example....don't rant on and on about how "bad" you think the food is....that is a very subjective topic. Now....if the food was consistently cold or moldy, or something of that nature....then that's something i want to know.

Also...if you "hated" something or "didn't care" for something....tell us why, specifically. I don't know how many times i have read...."the music show was horrible, the worst i have seen!".....then nothing. Why? Did they mess up? Was the sound bad? Are you a classical fan and it was rock and roll??

Be fair to yourself and to everyone reading the review....if you are fair and accurate, you will get nothing but "thanks" from readers.

like + 1000%

Whether you like what someone writes or not, at least they did take the time to come and post something. As soon as you realize u don't like it, just quit reading. It's that easy. The most annoying thing on this forum lately is people criticizing other people for their reviews. Eventually everyone will stop posting reviews altogether. Remember it is "Cruise Critic" after all.

But when posting a "review " of your cruise...don't call it a review or even elude to the fact that is is a review if you are simply crying about an itinerary or how your kids were bored, etc. etc....

I want to read REAL reviews.....the good and the bad. But when it's bad...consider what it is. For example....don't rant on and on about how "bad" you think the food is....that is a very subjective topic. Now....if the food was consistently cold or moldy, or something of that nature....then that's something I want to know.

Also...if you "hated" something or "didn't care" for something....tell us why, specifically. I don't know how many times I have read...."the music show was horrible, the worst I have seen!".....then nothing. Why? Did they mess up? Was the sound bad? Are you a classical fan and it was rock and roll??

could not agree more. +10000000

Whether you like what someone writes or not, at least they did take the time to come and post something. As soon as you realize u don't like it, just quit reading. It's that easy. The most annoying thing on this forum lately is people criticizing other people for their reviews. Eventually everyone will stop posting reviews altogether. Remember it is "Cruise Critic" after all.

I agree, to start a CRITICAL thread because you dont like someone else's review is out of line.

like button here.

Agree with every thing said about reviews.

My only other comment is when pictures are posted, please don't post Mary at the pool and now Mary at the elevator and now Mary on deck, and Mary ................................ My apologies to all the Mary's. I was just trying to prove a point.

I dont think this board exists to entertain you or pertain to your particular tastes.

Lighten up, Francis!

I've taken notes on all of my cruises with the intent on writing a review. But, it's been so critical here lately, that I don't feel comfortable writing anything. I've asked a couple of questions over the last six months and have been slammed. So, maybe I shouldn't be so sensitive, or people should quit being so critical of others posts. Is is just me or have things gotten a little rude here??

if that's what you want, you really should go to places that pay people to write. these are simply experiences people want to share. and they do it for nothing.

i will read yours as well when you want to share.

I've taken notes on all of my cruises with the intent on writing a review. But, it's been so critical here lately, that I don't feel comfortable writing anything. I've asked a couple of questions over the last six months and have been slammed. So, maybe I shouldn't be so sensitive, or people should quit being so critical of others posts. Is is just me or have things gotten a little rude here??

That sums up my feelings right there.

People complain, why arent there more reviews about my ship .... duh!!! and then we have some who want to dictate how to write your review .. and people wonder why more dont want to write reviews?

So true. People here love to dictate to others on how things should be. If you don't like it simply don't read it.

When reading reviews most people understand that the writer may have a complaint or two, and that is fine. But, tell us why it's a complaint. Like the OP said, don't just say "we hated the shows!" Tell us why you hated them. Or why you loved something. It's just the "reviews" that are nothing but complain, complain, complain that just don't make any sense.

There is a big difference between a "review" and a RANT! I have seen several rants lately that really don't review anything. I agree with you OP!

Exactly!!

And shorten the paragraphs...

Or even just USE paragraphs! One huge mile-long paragraph is so difficult to read.

if that's what you want, you really should go to places that pay people to write. these are simply experiences people want to share. and they do it for nothing.

i will read yours as well when you want to share.

OP did just write a review that was quite good actually. I was enjoying it since I will be on that ship next week .. but this thread takes away some of my enjoyment of said review.

Nice review though.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1509243

I have to disagree with this sentence from the OP "Without reasons and fair "review" these posts don't do anyone any good".

On the contrary- I am at a point where I don't need "tips". I read reviews because I'm so excited about my upcoming cruise I can hardly stand it and enjoy living it through their eyes...Anything that helps with my cruise excitement is okay with me!

If I don't like a review- anything about it- the person, the way they write, their opinions, etc- I just don't read it...onto the next review!

SIX DAYS!!!!:D

Archived