Question re: Spa Deck

A-n-T

Hello Everyone,

I have traveled on both the Tahitian Princess and Oceania Insignia - both ex-Renaissance Ships, like the Azamara Ships. On both of them you were able to purchase an all-cruise pass to go onto the Spa Deck up front.

Can anyone tell me if it is also possible to do this on the Azamara Quest?

Thank-you!

-Tobes.

Hello Everyone,

I have traveled on both the Tahitian Princess and Oceania Insignia - both ex-Renaissance Ships, like the Azamara Ships. On both of them you were able to purchase an all-cruise pass to go onto the Spa Deck up front.

Can anyone tell me if it is also possible to do this on the Azamara Quest?

Thank-you!

-Tobes.

Hello Tobes –

I’m pleased to share with you the policies and additional charges for access to the intimate sun decks that are located on each side of the T-Pool, which is located forward on Deck 9 and is accessed through the spa.

It's available for all suite guests throughout the cruise on a complimentary basis.

The T-Pool can be used free of charge before and after a purchased spa treatment.

There is a charge for non-suite guests based on the length of the voyage:

 7 DAY CRUISE

 $125 per couple

 $75 per person

 Day pass - $20 per person per day

 10 DAYS AND LONGER CRUISE

 $175 per couple

 $99 per person

Hopefully, we’ll have the opportunity of welcoming you onboard

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Bill

Given the level of overcrowding on the spa deck now it's available to all suite guests (it used to be just the top 2 categories) I understood they were going to discontinue selling the passes. We are always in the lower level suites and purchased the passes until our last trip where yes it was free but the deck was mobbed and you could not get a chair

Personally I would rather they kept it with the option for all guests to have the pay option but reduce the number of suites who get it free ie go back to the old way

I know that might sound strange I am saying take a perk away from me but the ambience of the place has been spoilt with 60+ suite guests plus those who have paid trying to use 20 beds

We'll be in a suite on our next Azamara cruise, and we're looking forward to the calmness of this area. Are we going to encounter chair hogs here too? On our last cruise, It was tough to find chairs on the pool deck by noon.

We'll be in a suite on our next Azamara cruise, and we're looking forward to the calmness of this area. Are we going to encounter chair hogs here too? On our last cruise, It was tough to find chairs on the pool deck by noon.

We certainly experienced chair hogging and very inconsistent application of rules on Journey. We fed this back and Heike was going to raise thus with the spa people. One lady was allowed to be AWOL for 2 hours whereas our stuff was moved after 15 mins - we had gone to get some drinks to bring back. I think not withstanding the time issue you are very isolated with no drinks service so we need some slack to go and get drinks

To be honest we found it better to get chairs on Deck 10 and I certainly am not sure I would pay for a pass

Hello Tobes –

I’m pleased to share with you the policies and additional charges for access to the intimate sun decks that are located on each side of the T-Pool, which is located forward on Deck 9 and is accessed through the spa.

It's available for all suite guests throughout the cruise on a complimentary basis.

The T-Pool can be used free of charge before and after a purchased spa treatment.

There is a charge for non-suite guests based on the length of the voyage:

 7 DAY CRUISE

 $125 per couple

 $75 per person

 10 DAYS AND LONGER CRUISE

 $175 per couple

 $99 per person

Hopefully, we’ll have the opportunity of welcoming you onboard

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Thanks for the information - it is very useful - especially as we will be traveling in a suite!

-Tobes.

Hi Uktog

You seem to have been very unlucky....... especially with chair-hogs :mad:

We have had the 'suite' access to the spa on three cruises and never had a problem finding a lounger. The area was really tranquil and, I would say, underused.

This was on cruises where the weather was conducive to using the area (except on the way from Dublin to Bordeaux when even an Irishman like myself would not have braved the elements there!).

We do think that this is a great perk and wouldn't like to see it scrapped.

Hope you have better luck next time.

All the best

B&T

Hi Uktog

You seem to have been very unlucky....... especially with chair-hogs :mad:

We have had the 'suite' access to the spa on three cruises and never had a problem finding a lounger. The area was really tranquil and, I would say, underused.

This was on cruises where the weather was conducive to using the area (except on the way from Dublin to Bordeaux when even an Irishman like myself would not have braved the elements there!).

We do think that this is a great perk and wouldn't like to see it scrapped.

Hope you have better luck next time.

All the best

B&T

That's great to hear so fingers crossed for the next trip

We actually looked into paying for a pass because we were in an inside cabin and had several sea days.

In the end, we decided against it since my DH is new to cruising and is still at the stage that he wants to do all the daily activities.

However, if the ship was in Alaska or another location that you are going to be having fabulous viewing opportunities we would make the spa our 1st stop upon boarding

and either purchase the pass for the cruise or a day pass for the important viewing days on the itinerary.

I think if you have a cruised quite a bit and "been there, done that" when it comes to daily activities while you are at sea I would stongly recommend that you purchase at least a day pass.

It was under used on our East Med and Holy Land itineraries and seemed to me to be a very restful place.

and to insure beverage service, once I arrived at the Spa I would ask them to call a pool deck drink service to stop by so we could order drinks.

hello everyone,

i have traveled on both the tahitian princess and oceania insignia - both ex-renaissance ships, like the azamara ships. On both of them you were able to purchase an all-cruise pass to go onto the spa deck up front.

Can anyone tell me if it is also possible to do this on the azamara quest?

Thank-you!

-tobes.

hi tobes. Just back from quest in the med. Spa is a great option to hideaway from the crowds by the pool. Yes you haveto purchase a day pass and if youve got enough cabin credit, shouldn't be too much because its worth it!:d

Azamara "quest" in the med in september was bliss. The sundeck on 10 deck is a bit sparse and could use some sprucing up. Oceanic has done this for the same space on their equivalent ships by adding cabanas that provide some more privacy. The spa one deck below is available to siute passengers "foc" and is a better option.

25Oct San Juan-Manaus, used spa deck daily rain & shine. During day there were usually four "regular users" camped-out in the shade. Two other folks were "semi-regular hoggers;" one who usually came very early to grab both loungers and wicker chairs, then she left & they returned sometime later to use them for a short period. Almost never anyone there in the evenings. Thallosotherapy pool open throughout time on Amazon.

25Oct San Juan-Manaus, used spa deck daily rain & shine. During day there were usually four "regular users" camped-out in the shade. Two other folks were "semi-regular hoggers;" one who usually came very early to grab both loungers and wicker chairs, then she left & they returned sometime later to use them for a short period. Almost never anyone there in the evenings. Thallosotherapy pool open throughout time on Amazon.

Thanks for this very helpful update. Was there ever a day that you could not get a set? Also did the spa staff do anything about the chair hog? We had a similar issue on our Panama trip but they did nothing, we fed back on it and were assured the spa deck would be monitored in future.

On my 1st Azamara cruise, I paid for the spa deck. I thought it would have a t-pool like the spas on the older Celebrity ships. I loved the T-pools on the Galaxy era ships. They were worth paying extra. Unfortunately, the Azamara spa pool doesn't compare. The regular hot tubs on the regular pool deck are better. Also, the wind on the forward spa deck is bad. For those who plan on using it while sailing, the wind will be a challenge.

On my 1st Azamara cruise, I paid for the spa deck. I thought it would have a t-pool like the spas on the older Celebrity ships. I loved the T-pools on the Galaxy era ships. They were worth paying extra. Unfortunately, the Azamara spa pool doesn't compare. The regular hot tubs on the regular pool deck are better. Also, the wind on the forward spa deck is bad. For those who plan on using it while sailing, the wind will be a challenge.

Wow .... for ONCE - Redtravel - I absolutely agree with you. ;)

Happy sailings, ALWAYS

Archived