Marina's Oceania Suite: Triple?

cruisewmn

Does anyone know where a third person would sleep in an Oceania Suite on the Marina? Although the deck plans do not list it as a triple, it is possible to book it that way on the website. Would they put a rollaway bed in the media room or is there a sleeper sofa in the suite?

Does anyone know where a third person would sleep in an Oceania Suite on the Marina? Although the deck plans do not list it as a triple, it is possible to book it that way on the website. Would they put a rollaway bed in the media room or is there a sleeper sofa in the suite?

The sofa in the living room opens up. You could not fit another matchstick of furniture into the Media Room, and that sofa is (deliberately I should think) too firm to be used as a bed.

What a quick reply. Thank you!

While we would have preferred the media room be used as a second bedroom (for privacy reasons). The suite still looks like a winner.

Thanks again!

While I agree with your sentiment, I believe that all of the OVO Suites were designed with the specific intention that, despite their generous size, they cannot be used as two bedroom Suites.

The fact that they hold three rather than four persons is another piece of that puzzle. They don't want these big Suites used as high end dormitories.

While I agree with your sentiment, I believe that all of the OVO Suites were designed with the specific intention that, despite their generous size, they cannot be used as two bedroom Suites.

The fact that they hold three rather than four persons is another piece of that puzzle. They don't want these big Suites used as high end dormitories.

Too bad they didn't make any of their suites connect to a PH or A1. Admittedly, most do not want connecting cabins, however it would be nice to have the choice when traveling with an older parent or young adult offspring. In this age of multi-generational cruising, I would have expected a handful of connecting rooms onboard these newer ships.

Too bad they didn't make any of their suites connect to a PH or A1. Admittedly, most do not want connecting cabins, however it would be nice to have the choice when traveling with an older parent or young adult offspring. In this age of multi-generational cruising, I would have expected a handful of connecting rooms onboard these newer ships.

They do have a few A Cat cabins next to the PH cabin though they are not connecting it would work for families

I would think you would have to book early to get them though

lyn

They do have a few A Cat cabins next to the PH cabin though they are not connecting it would work for families

I would think you would have to book early to get them though

lyn

I believe that the OP was talking about an OVO Suite adjoining with a Penthouse or an A1.

Because we also sometimes travel with older relatives, I was hoping that the Deck 9 Owners Suite would adjoin with 9138 and/or 9145. In retrospect, however, I suppose that might open them up to 9 people saying that they were "sharing" the Owners Suite. :eek:

104037.jpg

I believe that the OP was talking about an OVO Suite adjoining with a Penthouse or an A1.

sorry i misunderstood the question/comment

I could not imagine a young offspring in a PH alone

I would love it though:D

sorry i misunderstood the question/comment

I could not imagine a young offspring in a PH alone

I would love it though:D

While I was indeed talking about a cabin connecting to a suite, I agree that a PH would be more than needed for a young adult -- but my mother-in-law would love it! :)

I think a connecting concierge-class balcony cabin would be ideal for anyone if connected to a suite.

While I was indeed talking about a cabin connecting to a suite, I agree that a PH would be more than needed for a young adult -- but my mother-in-law would love it! :)

I think a connecting concierge-class balcony cabin would be ideal for anyone if connected to a suite.

You could always just book a cabin next to your suite for MIL

It is not as convenient with an open door to your suite but still close enough

Lyn

• 4 months later...

I'm the OP and wanted to follow-up on this thread. We just booked a cruise on Marina in an Oceania Suite as triple occupancy and was told a roll-away bed would be brought in each night and removed during the day. Sounds perfect. Not sure if it will fit in the media room, but we'll be good either way. Can't wait for our first Oceania cruise!

I don't see a poll on this issue, but if there were, I'd be voting yes in the "glad the suites don't have a connecting door" category.

The less connecting doors the better. We once had a VS with a neighbor who spoke on the phone every afternoon although he would have been heard 3000 miles away without that phone.:(

• 4 years later...
I'm the OP and wanted to follow-up on this thread. We just booked a cruise on Marina in an Oceania Suite as triple occupancy and was told a roll-away bed would be brought in each night and removed during the day. Sounds perfect. Not sure if it will fit in the media room, but we'll be good either way. Can't wait for our first Oceania cruise!

I know this is an old thread, but I found it when Googling and trying to figure out how 3 in the Oceania suite is going to work for us next month. How did it work out for you? Where did they put the rollaway? And did the living room couch open up into a bed?

Thank you!

I am recalling a photo that was posted (probably around the time this thread was started) which showed a cot placed in the media room for a teenage son. It looked very claustrophobic to me, but then I start out with having a problem in tight spaces.

I know this is an old thread, but I found it when Googling and trying to figure out how 3 in the Oceania suite is going to work for us next month. How did it work out for you? Where did they put the rollaway? And did the living room couch open up into a bed?

Thank you!

I'm going to be in one in 2 weeks and asked for a rollaway to be brought in for my daughter who is coming with me. I've been told that they bring it to media room every night and take it away in the morning. I will post a picture when I see it.

In the old thread I think Jim and Stan stated the couch in the living room opens up but I didn't think it did.

Thank you cruisewmn for coming back and posting picture. Was it reasonably comfortable?

Yes! My then teenage son (5'11") said the bed was comfortable and the room was quiet. There was plenty of room for clothing and storage. We wouldn't hesitate to book it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums