Your favorite treat to order from Room Service?

We only do room service if we are in a balcony cabin because nothing beats sitting out there early in the morning....it's cool, quiet and a nice way to start the day. We usually order a big breakfast....eggs, bacon, sausage, fruit, danish, juice, coffee/tea. I did get a Bistro Burger once for a mid-afternoon snack (like I hadn't already eaten enough ;)) and it was fantastic too!

Carnival allows you to order anything off of the room service menu at anytime (example-BLT for breakfast). Never tried it with RCI but was wondering if anyone else has. I'd rather try the Bistro burger for breakfast than have regular breakfast food.

They serve this burger in the MDR on sea days as well...

Cool. We have nine sea days on next one. Now wondering... Bistro Burger or pay for Johnny Rockets burger? :confused: We will probably try both once to see and B Burger in both cabin and MDR.

Been on many cruises and have only ordered room service a couple of times... and both times we ordered milk! Once it was to go with our chocolate covered strawberries from the midnight chocolate buffet. The second time we ordered milk to go with our "to go" desserts from the MDR. Those were the days!

Once we started sailing on ships with a Cafe Promenade, my hubby made it part of his routine to do a lap around the ship in the evening before bed, with a stop at the Promenade for fresh cookies for him and usually a cup of tea for me.

I'm thinking this time I'm going to shoot for at least getting breakfast a couple of times... we have an aft balcony and that seems like a great way to enjoy the space.

Ann

Been on many cruises and have only ordered room service a couple of times... and both times we ordered milk! Once it was to go with our chocolate covered strawberries from the midnight chocolate buffet. The second time we ordered milk to go with our "to go" desserts from the MDR. Those were the days!

Once we started sailing on ships with a Cafe Promenade, my hubby made it part of his routine to do a lap around the ship in the evening before bed, with a stop at the Promenade for fresh cookies for him and usually a cup of tea for me.

I'm thinking this time I'm going to shoot for at least getting breakfast a couple of times... we have an aft balcony and that seems like a great way to enjoy the space.

Ann

I like to order lunch on sea day sometimes... or last cruise we ordered a snack ( pizzas and salad to share)as we got to our port right at lunch time and had an excursion that left right away.

About 2 years ago on the Vision we ordered the "Bistro Burger' - OMG best burger ever - hand made meat patty with carmelized onions, bacon and a thick piece of swiss cheese. Ever since we order on every cruise and have never had one as good as that one . . they range from OK to pretty good! (and comes with Lays chips too!)

Came on to give another vote for the Bistro Burger!!:D

My last cruise we had two other couples with us. One couple had a JR Suite and we would meet there before dinner and share two cheese plates. Love those cheese plates.

On my first cruise my wife and I got back to our cabin late and wanted a snack. We ordered way more food than needed but ended up eating it all. Yeah that was the cruise I gained 10 lbs. Learned my lesson.

here's a qurstion. can you order something, like a dish of something, then carry the dish of snack to pool deck? Do the original dishes have to be returned back to the room tray or does it matter

Wow! I just read this thread and I am really looking forward to my cruise on the Oasis on 11/26. I know now that I need to try room service a lot more often. Sounds so good. I have ordered fruit plates and juice in the morning (we are not coffee drinkers) to get by while we are getting ready for our real breakfast which we usually got in the windjammer. Now after sailing on the Allure last January, we got to like the Park Cafe real well.

We always enjoy walking around the ship taking in the sights so enjoy getting out to go have breakfast.

After reading this thread, I also wish my cruise was longer than 7 days. I will never forget when we took a 14 day Panama Canal cruise on the Legend of the Seas in 2002 where when we got off the ship in Miami, we wished we could get on another ship and go for another week. We really had gotten into ship life. That was pretty close to the beginning of our cruising.

Also, I was not feeling well one night at dinner so my husband had my dining room food sent up to my room. My husband said the dining room was really running slow that night and I actually received my food in my room before they did in the dining room Strange! It was just as yummy.

Well, I don't know what possessed me to get so gabby. I guess because I am excited about our upcoming cruise next week.

We have just been upgraded to a balcony cabin on our upcoming Rhapsody cruise. I am so excited just thinking about eating our room service breakfast while cruising into port. I try and order cereal and fruit off the room service menu on port days to help with portion control. If I didn't do that my husband would eat a big full breakfast everyday!!

I have made a mental note to try the dip (with extra crackers) this time.

17 days to go:D

Archived