Your favorite treat to order from Room Service?

Got in too late to have lunch in the WJ and we were starved. We ordered the Bistro Burger, artichoke dip and cookies. We've been big fans of room service since then. The cheese plate is delicious too. I now have a pot of coffee delivered every morning. If it looks like my group is going to be slow getting started, sometimes I go by the Promenade Cafe and grab a pastry, sometimes I put the form out the night before and have coffee, juice and pastry delivered. (sigh) I miss being on a cruise with this kind of dilemma..June is tooooo far away!!

No you don't pay extra for the Lays potato chips :D

It wasn't a question of laziness for us, we ordered room service when we were too pooped or too ill to go get food. And like someone else said, it's nice to get away out of the crazy and chill.

I wasn't keen on that spinach dip. Loved the sweet potato wedges though.

My favorite part of cruising is to order hot tea and croissants. I love sitting on the balcony and watching the sun come up. It's a great alarm clock, as well. Don't forget to add in how many sugars,jam,butter,etc you will need. Have a great cruise!!!

I love this too! The cheese plate is great also. I like to order extra crackers. :cool:

For us it's not about laziness. I like room service because sometimes it's nice to have some quiet away from everyone else. We eat breakfast on our balcony every morning because I like to slowly wake up with a cup of tea before we face everyone else on the ship! The rest of the meals we eat elsewhere but we roomservice breakfast is a great way for me to start the day. I also like room service after a long day in port as a snack if we have late dinner reservations. Nice to have some stuff to munch on as we start to get cleaned up.

I agree completely.

I cannot imagine being too lazy to do the 3 minute walk to the dining room or other food venue. I don't like lingering food smells or crumbs in my cabin.

Room service has NOTHING to do with being "too lazy" with me. It's a great convenience for an afternoon snack when I am in comfy clothes or just don't want to deal with people.

Why would you assume it has to do with laziness?

We do the wake up thing too, but it also helps keep the volume down. If you order the breakfast plate, you don't put extra potatoes, or extra meat, or that whole bagle, along with it. I really appreciate the portion control. That did back fire on us once. DH asked for extra bacon, and they sent him a whole extra breakfast!:eek:

On our next cruise I can't wait for breakfast on our aft balcony, enjoying coffee, and a chance to take in the moment - Another great day on our Vacation!!!!:D

Well i have to say the best item on the room service menu is the honystung chicken! It goes like wild fire in the windjammer so we order it on room service the next day. It's cooked fresh there and then, i like mine with the sweet potato wedges....yummers! Also on the last night we order hot chocolate and cookies. Sounds like an old thing to do but the hot chocolate mix they give you is so think it's perfect! and the cookies are soft and gooy on the inside and crispy on the outside, once again.....Yummers!

I wanna go on a cruise now!! Only 5 months to go until i get to do all this again woooohoooo!

CK x

Might have missed it in posts above but in case it was not Cruisingator2 in another thread posted photos of room service menus (regular and suite). While reading this thread I kept wondering - "OK, these are favorites but I can't remember what else was on the menu."

Menus Post

With all the sea days on our next cruise (nine of them!) I think we can find a day for finally trying the Bistro Burger. :D

When we get back from a long port excursion, we also love to order that cheese and fruit tray to nibble on while we get ready for dinner. One day we picked up a bottle of house red and a couple of glasses from one of the ship's lounges to enjoy a glass on the balcony with that nice little treat. :)

And no....you cannot walk 3 minutes to the WJ at that time (closed) and no...it is not

served there anyway...just the "plastic cheese stuff"...yuck!

If you order breakfast via room service they will call you to tell you its on the way....great little alarm clock.... you can just order a coffee or juice to wake up with if you want then have breakfast in Windjammer or the MDR.

This is EXACTLY what use room service for - a friendly, back-up, wake-up call. I just get coffee to sip while I'm getting ready to go up to the Windjammer for breakfast. Nice!

Having room service many times, have never ordered the Bistro Burger,,I don't recall even seeing it on the menu:confused:.. This is why I love these boards,,you always learn something new,,and will certainly order the burger next upcoming cruise:D:D..

About 2 years ago on the Vision we ordered the "Bistro Burger' - OMG best burger ever - hand made meat patty with carmelized onions, bacon and a thick piece of swiss cheese. Ever since we order on every cruise and have never had one as good as that one . . they range from OK to pretty good! (and comes with Lays chips too!)

Oh MAN you 'aint kidding! I love those Bistro Burgers. And in my everyday life I rarely eat a hamburger, maybe 2 or 3 times a year at most. One month till my next cruise and some yummy Bistro Burgers :D . I also like the cheese tray too.

Without a doubt the Bistro Burger is the best burger on the ship. I usually ask for extra carmelized onion.

I feel kind of stupid,lol. I started this thread with no-idea there was even a room service menu!

I knew there was a breakfast room service menu (the one you hang outside your door) but had no idea there was an actual menu! I figured you guys just knew the right stuff to order, lol.

I mentioned earlier I also do Breakfast either in the MDR or Windjammer, however after seeing this I think I'll try breakfast via room service for one morning.

ALSO, do you tip the person who brings you the room service? maybe $3?

My problem is I'm from Canada and when I go on these cruises I don't convert much American money since the ship is "cash free" and I charge everything to my pass.

There is a room service menu (non-breakfast) in a Royal Caribbean Book in the stateroom. Usually on embarkation day it's on the table in the room or by the phone. Sometimes after a day or so the room stewart put it up on a high shelf or drawer to get it out of the way. It's in the book with all kinds of details about the ship. You can even order room service from the tv menu (like a shore excursion) and that they have the menu on the tv. (same menu as in the book) We usually just call up on the phone. The breakfast menu is typically on a long sheet of paper that you hang on the outside room door before going to bed. The room stewart leaves the breakfast menu on the bed when he makes up the room in the evening. We usually tip a couple of dollars per person to the delivery person.

are all these items mentioned (hot choc, choc chip cookies, hot artichoke & spinach dip, bistro burger, potato chips, sweet potato sticks, etc) on the room service menu in the room? (we're in a GS)

otherwise, i'm gana forget all the items we can get!!! and i'd feel silly writing them down

In a GS there is a very nice leather binder with tons of information in it. including the menu for dinner (which you can order in your room) and a different extension number to order room service for suites.

I've only done Room Service for morning coffee... if I order cookies for my son at night, do we have to be there to accept them? Or could they be waiting for him on his bed when we get back to the cabin? He would think that was really cool!

are all these items mentioned (hot choc, choc chip cookies, hot artichoke & spinach dip, bistro burger, potato chips, sweet potato sticks, etc) on the room service menu in the room? (we're in a GS)

otherwise, i'm gana forget all the items we can get!!! and i'd feel silly writing them down

We were in a Grand Suite on the Voyager last month and one of the most wonderful things was ordering breakfast on our veranda. The waiter would lay a nice white table cloth down for us and set the table. It felt absolutely decadent eating breakfast in our Royal Caribbean bathrobes and slippers, enjoying the fresh air and morning sunshine. In the Concierge Lounge you'll find the day's menu if you want to see what the day's specialties are, and you can order from it, though for breakfast you can get the extended menu only when the MDR is open. For us that was never a problem---we sleep in on vacation, no getting up at 6 am for us!!! :D It was such a treat being served eggs benedict whenever the mood hit us. Yummmm

Archived