Your favorite treat to order from Room Service?

Hey Everyone,

I've cruised twice before, and never used Room Service. I enjoy eating with the masses! (it adds atmosphere :) )

However, what sort of "treats" do you like ordering? not meals, but snacks, or little indulgences?

Are some specific to suites and non suites? for example, can people in suites order chocolate covered fruit? Cheese and crackers for all staterooms?

would love to get your idea's. I'm wanting to use room service on my upcoming cruise for little snacks in the evening or even afternoon/morning, whenever!

Let's get those taste buds watering.:D

If you order breakfast via room service they will call you to tell you its on the way....great little alarm clock.... you can just order a coffee or juice to wake up with if you want then have breakfast in Windjammer or the MDR.

Love the cheese plate and the fruit selection.

Chicken drumettes are in my head but no longer on the menu. Honey stung chicken is ok but not the same.

In Alaska hot soup on the balcony.

Hot chocolate and cookies.

Having cruised in suites.

I have found that when you pre-order breakfast and the window is 6:45-700am, we always got served at 6:45, if fact we make that our alarm clock. Leave the tip out, coffee table ready, crawl out of bed, let them in.

For other times, we have never waited.

Once again we pre-select our time.

So, if it is a sea day, and I know I will shower before cocktails in the CL, I will request what ever I want,, fruit, crackers, cheese, to be delivered at 4:30, and make the call at lunch time.

Once again they are usually there within a 5 min. window.

I have never gotten chocolate covered whatevers, but worth a shot.

Safe travels.

I too love ordering for early morning delivery. Didn't even know there was room service on our first 2 cruises. :( That was before I discovered CC. :D Now I put out my order at night for coffee (such as it is but it is coffee), juice and the pastries to be delivered at 6:30 am (I write the time on the order and they've never disappointed). Anyway, it's just enough to get the morning started.

Cathy

Hey Everyone,

I've cruised twice before, and never used Room Service. I enjoy eating with the masses! (it adds atmosphere :) )

However, what sort of "treats" do you like ordering? not meals, but snacks, or little indulgences?

Are some specific to suites and non suites? for example, can people in suites order chocolate covered fruit? Cheese and crackers for all staterooms?

would love to get your idea's. I'm wanting to use room service on my upcoming cruise for little snacks in the evening or even afternoon/morning, whenever!

Let's get those taste buds watering.:D

I have always enjoyed the potato chips.:rolleyes:

You can order lays potato chips, we ordered the low fat desert of the day and it really was nice every single time, you never knew what it was until it was delivered. We also asked for hot chocolate at night :D

The cheese plate was good, we didn't need to get crackers from the Windjammer, it came with crackers.

My favorite part of cruising is to order hot tea and croissants. I love sitting on the balcony and watching the sun come up. It's a great alarm clock, as well. Don't forget to add in how many sugars,jam,butter,etc you will need. Have a great cruise!!!

I LOVE the idea of croissants in the morning with some strawberry jam! That sounds fantastic.

Ordering Lays chips? really? do they cost extra? I do like my savory treats ;)

I'm staying in a suite so I may ask the concierge if he can get those chocolate strawberries.

OMG Flonightey it is our favorite too. Although last year the chips were made fresh and this year they were out of a bag, but oh well it was still good.

FamilyCruise2011165.jpg[/img]

the honey stung chicken is also very good (they have it in the WJ on embarkation day) and can be ordered from room service after that.

I also fell in love with a desert from Cafe Promenade. Rum Raisin Slices.

FamilyCruise2011629.jpg[/img]

About 2 years ago on the Vision we ordered the "Bistro Burger' - OMG best burger ever - hand made meat patty with carmelized onions, bacon and a thick piece of swiss cheese. Ever since we order on every cruise and have never had one as good as that one . . they range from OK to pretty good! (and comes with Lays chips too!)

About 2 years ago on the Vision we ordered the "Bistro Burger' - OMG best burger ever - hand made meat patty with carmelized onions, bacon and a thick piece of swiss cheese. Ever since we order on every cruise and have never had one as good as that one . . they range from OK to pretty good! (and comes with Lays chips too!)

Oh MAN you 'aint kidding! I love those Bistro Burgers. And in my everyday life I rarely eat a hamburger, maybe 2 or 3 times a year at most. One month till my next cruise and some yummy Bistro Burgers :D . I also like the cheese tray too.

. Also, what times of day have you noticed faster room service delivery?

The only time we've ever noticed slower delivery was after returning to the ship in the late afternoon on a port day. I think a lot of people have the same idea to get a snack. Other than that, the service is quick and, as others have said, if you schedule delivery, they are great about coming on time!

I cannot imagine being too lazy to do the 3 minute walk to the dining room or other food venue. I don't like lingering food smells or crumbs in my cabin.

For us it's not about laziness. I like room service because sometimes it's nice to have some quiet away from everyone else. We eat breakfast on our balcony every morning because I like to slowly wake up with a cup of tea before we face everyone else on the ship! The rest of the meals we eat elsewhere but we roomservice breakfast is a great way for me to start the day. I also like room service after a long day in port as a snack if we have late dinner reservations. Nice to have some stuff to munch on as we start to get cleaned up.

Archived