Your favorite treat to order from Room Service?

I feel kind of stupid,lol. I started this thread with no-idea there was even a room service menu!

But you can also order things on the MDR menu for the day. Have done it many times, even desserts served there can be had in your cabin. You just need to ask.

And laziness has nothing to do with anything...at all:mad: For me its a case of being pampered and having someone bring me something to eat, not me having to take it to somebody else for a change! And you won't find a better burger!

On the Allure, you can get potato chips in the Park Cafe. I like chips and with my first cruise I was not sure if I could survive a week without any chips. I did but I found them in room service and at the Park Cafe.

We have only had room service a few times. But like someone said if you are not feeling up to par, it is a great way to go.

Just want to be clear as this will be my first cruise...room service is free? I think if it is, we'll be ordering for breakfast every day! And I assume we need to tip..a couple bucks ok?

It is free except between midnight - 5 am, at which time they add a $3.95 service charge. Otherwise, just a tip at your discretion is good.

LOVE the spinach dip! Something to much on while watching the world go by is definitely something to enjoy.

On our last cruise we wanted to try a bunch of things from room service and out of everything we ordered we thought the steak sandwich the most peculiar. I was thinking it would be maybe a shredded beef, philly cheesesteak-type sandwich but it seriously a whole steak (one you'd get in the MDR at dinner) on a roll! We were pretty surprised! It was ok.

Also, can never go wrong with a caesar salad!

No you don't pay extra for the Lays potato chips :D

It wasn't a question of laziness for us, we ordered room service when we were too pooped or too ill to go get food. And like someone else said, it's nice to get away out of the crazy and chill.

I wasn't keen on that spinach dip. Loved the sweet potato wedges though.

Just noticed you Avitar......LMAO!!!

But you can also order things on the MDR menu for the day. Have done it many times, even desserts served there can be had in your cabin. You just need to ask.

And laziness has nothing to do with anything...at all:mad: For me its a case of being pampered and having someone bring me something to eat, not me having to take it to somebody else for a change! And you won't find a better burger!

I asked twice on Freedom if I could order something from the MDR menu and was told

no. I really wanted eggs benedict but not enough to keep me from enjoying the breakfast I could get.

The bistro burger really is delicious. Great when you get back sweaty and tired from a port day and want to relax on the balcony.

When I go to the Diamond event in the evening I like to take either a cheese plate or the spinach/artichoke dip and chips to have a nosh with the wine. I also order a pot of coffee which I find is still hot the next morning so my coffee is ready when I wake up and don't want to do the wake-up call if I prefer to sleep in.

honey stung chicken is better from room service than the Windjammer's boarding lunch. It comes with sweet potato fries which are great. Also, you can order the steak sandwich, naked, which means you get just steak and fries. That steak tends to be better than the one in he mdr, believe it or not.

I've only done Room Service for morning coffee... if I order cookies for my son at night, do we have to be there to accept them? Or could they be waiting for him on his bed when we get back to the cabin? He would think that was really cool!

As a rule room service needs to let you in the cabin. Perhaps you could discuss this with you room steward and he could have the cookies set out when he does the turndown service in the evening. You can always get the cookies from the Windjammer/Promenade Cafe and keep a stash in you cabin.

We try to do cocktail party in our cabin when with other couples.I bring bucket of beers lemonaid and ice tea for Arnold palmers and order Cheeseplates chicken wings and chip and dip Absolutely no room but lots of fun .Usually in balcony cabin. Somebody always has additive for APs .

Is room service available on embarkation?

I've been real spoiled. We've done HAL and NCL and Princess recently, and they all have a dinning room open for lunch on embark day and we get to skip the 'rush' up on deck for buffet...

I would like to still 'skip' the buffet if I can order room service that would be great!

On our last cruise we wanted to try a bunch of things from room service and out of everything we ordered we thought the steak sandwich the most peculiar. I was thinking it would be maybe a shredded beef, philly cheesesteak-type sandwich but it seriously a whole steak (one you'd get in the MDR at dinner) on a roll! We were pretty surprised! It was ok.

We ordered the steak sandwich too on Explorer in May. Sadly,it was the toughest piece of steak I have ever had :( Good thing we ordered the artichoke dip with extra chips!

Our January cruise is with the kids, so it looks like the cookies will be a great late night snack with milk!

No room service deliveries during embarkation. Maybe in the evening after

the Muster Drill and set sail but definitely not till after that. We asked last year and they said no. If you do not want to go to the Wj, then Cafe Promenade will likely be open. You can always go to the Wj and get a cheese plate or whatever to go...

Our assessment of Room Service items from our Oasis cruise.

Artichoke Dip - By far the best item on the menu that we tried, but far from the best artichoke dip we have every had. Average at best and not enough chips are provided. This should also be listed as a starter not an entrée.

Honey Stung Chicken - The menu mentions some type of honey sauce, where is the sauce? Dry, but chicken wasn't overcooked as I would have expected. Just needs more sauce.

Turkey Sandwich - Hadley any turkey on this and dry hard to eat bread. The saving grace was the Lays Potato Chips

Bistro Burger - A burger. Not great, but it is hard to mess up a burger.

Breakfast - Same pork bits formed in to sausage links. Same as they have on the WJ buffet. Eggs are average, same with the potatoes. Bacon is just plain bad, far to crispy, and I like crispy bacon. And next time I would like cutlery please. I don't want to wait on hold with room service for 10 minutes to ask for cutlery to be delivered so I can eat my now cold breakfast.

Our favorite thing is the wake-up morning breakfast. Usually coffee, a couple of danish and sometimes fruit. I usually order hot chocolate & a banana or apple for DD. Then we can have our caffeine while getting ready, relax on the balcony and just drop in the MDR or Windjammer for a little extra.

Normally breakfast is all we order but on our last cruise my DH slept through lunch. He ended up with a turkey sandwich (don't know details) and also ordered some artichoke dip which I promptly took over. Really yummy. Seems like he had cheesecake too.

I've just added the Bistro Burger to room service hit list! First time hearing about it and I love the burgers in the Windjammer, so this must really be something special.

They serve this burger in the MDR on sea days as well...

Archived