Tip on "LIVE"

bbdqsony

I tried to do LIVE from Millie on my tumblr but it seem like no one really went over there so I stopped. But I see a lot people enjoy if they do LIVE on cruise critic.

How do I type up a report and post a picture and log in internet using few minutes instead of hours? What's good size for photo? I take RAW but will resize it for cruise critic.

Any tip would be appreicated.

Thanks. Waiting on tip with pictures.

I don't do pictures so can't help you there. As to the writing you just have to do it on your computer then hook up to onboard Internet and post. Or do the same from a land based internet cafe in a port.

I tried to do LIVE from Millie on my tumblr but it seem like no one really went over there so I stopped. But I see a lot people enjoy if they do LIVE on cruise critic.

How do I type up a report and post a picture and log in internet using few minutes instead of hours? What's good size for photo? I take RAW but will resize it for cruise critic.

Any tip would be appreicated.

Write your report using a word document and then when you are ready to post copy and paste it and then post it on CC. It saves precious internet minutes..

I can reduce the JPEQ quality to the smallest possible and it does not impact the quality of the photo but it allows me to post faster.

Keith

Thanks Keith. Do you upload your pic here at cc or others like Flickr??

Write your report using a word document and then when you are ready to post copy and paste it and then post it on CC. It saves precious internet minutes..

I can reduce the JPEQ quality to the smallest possible and it does not impact the quality of the photo but it allows me to post faster.

Keith

Thanks Keith. Do you upload your pic here at cc or others like Flickr??

You are very welcome.

I prefer to upload photos to other sites such a blogger.com and then from there I can copy and past the url for each photo and one of the advantages I can post photos that are larger than what I can do here.

The key is to practice at home so when you are on board the ship you know how to do it quickly.

Keith

I typically do live reports from my cruises, and also a companion blog with pictures. I usually post pictures to the blog itself and text on a cruise critic thread. On my last long cruise I used about 4 hours of internet in 19 days, which includes the blog, live thread, and all my personal business. When I got home, I made this post on my strategies:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=30337623&postcount=186

BTW, my first Celebrity cruise will be the April Solstice transatlantic. I'll probably give blogger another try on that cruise. I hope some of my thoughts will be useful.

Roy

Thanks Keith I'll practice at home either with blogger.com, tumblr, flickr, etc. On my next cruise I'll do live report with good amount of pic some of them will be HDR :)

You are very welcome.

I prefer to upload photos to other sites such a blogger.com and then from there I can copy and past the url for each photo and one of the advantages I can post photos that are larger than what I can do here.

The key is to practice at home so when you are on board the ship you know how to do it quickly.

Keith

You only use 4 hours of internet in 19 days?!? that's unbelievable :)

I look forward to see your april solstice transatlantic LIVE report :) I'll be on solstice in Dec. It will be my 2nd time on Solstice, she's such a beauty.

Thanks for the tip and suggestion. I'll practice at home either with blogger.com, tumblr, flickr, etc. On my next cruise I'll do live report with good amount of pic some of them will be HDR :)

I typically do live reports from my cruises, and also a companion blog with pictures. I usually post pictures to the blog itself and text on a cruise critic thread. On my last long cruise I used about 4 hours of internet in 19 days, which includes the blog, live thread, and all my personal business. When I got home, I made this post on my strategies:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=30337623&postcount=186

BTW, my first Celebrity cruise will be the April Solstice transatlantic. I'll probably give blogger another try on that cruise. I hope some of my thoughts will be useful.

Roy

Turns out that Flickr takes a bit longer to get right Url Have to choose pic then action and choose view all size then right click on medium pic to get jpeg pic. See Below.

Am research for better and fast photo/vid hosting/sharing. Any suggestion?

6307382170_6f5d73790a.jpg

Archived